Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

@PlaterB @wu4ever99
Looks like we have a growing number in WNY. Definitely enough to justify a meet up in the near future when we all have our rides.
Mine has been built and I'm finalizing financing (since it caught me off guard). So I should have it within a couple of weeks. I also work all over WNY. Let's hope the EA chargers are better here than some of the other ones I've read about!

Im curious...did you use a checklist to come up with 9 items to fix? Or was it so apparent/bad that you just spotted these issues?
I used the checklist and it was very helpful. The flaws that I discovered were mostly from numerous little scratches on the paint through out the exterior of the car.

Apologies if this should be posted in the Air Pure forum. I currently have an air pure reservation with DDP SSP 19" wheels (white). I am considering switching to touring as I really want the glass canopy roof but it's not worth a 15k price differential to me. I am locked in to the old pricing.
Air + DDP + SSP = $96k
Touring + glass canopy = $99k
Touring + glass canopy + DDP + SSP = $113,500
My sales advisor said that if I reserve a touring now, I'm almost guaranteed to have the versions that are shipping with the DDP hardware and 3-months of DDP.

I do not actually want the DDP software (yet). But I do want to future-proof the car and have the hardware. I was told if your car does not ship with the hardware, you can never upgrade to DDP later as it will not have the necessary sensors.

I want the glass canopy more than I want DDP or SSP. However, not enough to get a base touring. At that price, I want both. Yes, I know. :)

That said, has anyone had experience/knowledge of Air Touring models shipping with DDP hardware even though the order did not have them? I was told this happens if you bought an already manufactured touring.

If the Air touring pre-delivery were to not have the hardware, I would downgrade to the air pure because at that price point, I think DDP is a better value than the canopy. (I do prefer the canopy though)
I would upgrade but my concern is that if I upgrade, I will not be able to downgrade to the old pricing for the pure IF I decided to downgrade after learning the air touring would not have the hardware. There is apparently no way to confirm this until car goes through inspection and is nearing delivery and Lucid can at any time decide to stop building these special 3-month DDP trial tourings.
Hope this was clear and any insight appreciated!
Hey man, dont forget you have the 7500 dollar credit. Touring with glass is less than fully loaded pure then! (pure doesnt have the 7500 credit and to clarify this is NOT the federal tax credit, it is a actual credit that will be minused from car price.)

Additional info -> interior, roof, tire size, sound, dream drive?
Quantum Grey, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Hey man, dont forget you have the 7500 dollar credit. Touring with glass is less than fully loaded pure then! (pure doesnt have the 7500 credit and to clarify this is NOT the federal tax credit, it is a actual credit that will be minused from car price.)
Yes this makes me really happy! I live in Seattle with 10% sales tax haha so that credit brings the car to just a touch over 100k!

I'm Back!!!! 🙃😂😂

So after a full 48 hours of owning my Touring I have to admit, it was worth the wait and the aggravation caused by the delays.

I know we've all seen about a million different pictures of these cars, so I'm going to share a million and one and formally introduce everyone to Chameleon Merlot!

With that out if the way, let me share with everyone my home delivery experience and the build quality of the car and subsequent due bill.

Home delivery experience:

This was a low light for me. A few days before, I asked my advisor for more details on what I should expect for the virtual walk through. Friday passed, the weekend passed, and Monday passed with no email or phone call with the Zoom information. Delivery day (Valentine's Day) arrives and I texted my DA around 11:00 am eastern time for an update and heard nothing. Noon comes and goes then I finally get a call from the sales team regarding the Zoom information and virtual walk through. My DA texted me back asking if I received the call and I reply yes, finally.

Delivery is scheduled for 4:00 pm and I was told it could arrive earlier than that a few days earlier. Great, I'm pleased by this. When the sales guy calls me at 1:00 pm I inquire about the location of my car and a delivery update. He replied that he had just checked the delivery GPS (I'm not sure if it's built into the car or if it was a tracker placed on the car) and my car was 5, yes, 5 hours away!!! Cue the record scratch!! Now I can do math and 5 hours from 1:00 pm puts my delivery at 6:00 pm which is 2 hours later than I was told. Recall, my car went through PDI at Coldwater, Michigan and that's around 8 hours from Harrisburg. So I ask him, was the car just picked up this morning for a straight through drive from Michigan and if so, it sounds like the car was picked up between 9:00 am to 9:30 am and there was no way they were going to make a 4:00 pm delivery. Not only that, I wasn't happy about taking delivery when it would be dark outside. He noted my disappointment and we moved on. The car arrived around 6:15 pm and it was indeed dark out.

Virtual Walk Through:

It lasted about 45 minutes and it went faster because I had read the owner's manual "cover to cover" 3 weeks prior. However, the sales associate dropped a bomb on me when I asked where the temporary tag was located in the car because i couldn't find it. Umm, yeah you guessed it, THEY FORGOT TO PUT THE TEMP TAG IN THE GLOVE BOX! 🤬😡🤬😡

I could tell he did not want to tell me that and waited as long as he could to tell me. So I once again let him know that was I pissed about this oversight and we ended the Zoom call.

I debated what to do next, he had told me my DA was going to overnight me my tag so I'd have it the next day but my impatient ass decided I was not going to work tomorrow in any other car but the one I just spent $122,000 for so I grabbed a screwdriver out of my tool box, grabbed my old license plate which the Lucid would be transferred to anyway, and drove the car to show off to my family. Luckily they only live about 2 miles away. 😂😂

While at my family, I received an email notification from my DA that included a PDF attachment of my temporary plate. I sent it to my printer from my phone and put it in my rear window when I returned home.

Wednesday Afternoon:

A bunch of long stares on the drive to work and even more when I got there. A couple of colleagues knew I had ordered one so when one of them saw the car parked in my spot, he actually took a picture and texted it to me with glowing praise.

Later that day I had a doctor's appointment. On that drive I had a car pull up on my passenger side, roll down their window just to tell me that the car was fire! Not 45 seconds later, some dude on a motorcycle zipped past me looking at the car and a few other cars. We reach the next light, motorcycle dude is still staring and I knew he was trying to show off on his bike. The light changes and he takes off. I said okay, I see you. I catch up to him because he slows down and lets the cars in both lanes in front of us put some distance in. I reach him and hit Sprint activation, I point to him and we both floor it. Guess who won?? He catches back up to me because I'm stopped at a light with a few other cars. He pulls up on my passenger side, lifts his sun visor, I roll down the window, and his first question to me is what in the hell are you driving? 😂😂😂 I explain it's a Lucid, he tells me yeah, this ain't no Tesla because he's beaten those before. I explain he'd probably never beat a Lucid on his current bike and that he should check out the YouTube video of Sapphire smoking a Bugatti, Plaid, and a Ducati. He didn't believe me about the Ducati getting smoked so I told him go watch for himself. Oh, by the way the cars behind us were amused about us holding up traffic. Oops!

Build Quality Check for the Due Bill:

I'm fortunate that I only had 5 items on my due bill. There was a 2 inch scratch on the light bar, a scratch on the rear pillar, and rock chip on the rear passenger door, and another rock chip on the A pillar. Full PPF will be scheduled as soon as Wifey gives me the thumbs up.

The frunk as a larger gap on the passenger side, the charge port door is misaligned, there are 2 missing clips in the driver's side rear wheel well and that same well its rubber gasket not clipped fully so it's hanging a bit at the seam.

Pictures of Chameleon are attached. She's stunning!

Thanks for reading!!

Attachments

• 20230215_174031.jpg
    20230215_174031.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 244
  • 20230215_172640.jpg
    20230215_172640.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 236
  • 20230215_172735.jpg
    20230215_172735.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 217
  • 20230215_172817.jpg
    20230215_172817.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 204
  • 20230215_172546.jpg
    20230215_172546.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 208
  • 20230215_173721.jpg
    20230215_173721.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 206
  • 20230215_173516.jpg
    20230215_173516.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 200
  • 20230215_173506.jpg
    20230215_173506.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
  • 20230215_172716.jpg
    20230215_172716.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 268
Last edited:
State: CA
Reservation Date: 11/24/2021
Delivery Date: 2/22/2023 (A few days away!!!)
Stellar White/Santa Cruz Touring w/Glass Roof
19 Wheels
No SSP or DDP
Note: My wait time was so long because I originally put a reservation down for the Pure, then I upgraded it to Pure AWD, then once they announced the instant credit and keeping legacy pricing I finally decided to go with the Touring and am receiving delivery about 2.5 weeks later!

Does anyone have an order agreement for a Touring g that shows how they deduct the ev credit? Do they duct the credit after the subtotal or the total amount for the car.

State: CA
Reservation Date: 11/24/2021
Delivery Date: 2/22/2023 (A few days away!!!)
Stellar White/Santa Cruz Touring w/Glass Roof
19 Wheels
No SSP or DDP
Note: My wait time was so long because I originally put a reservation down for the Pure, then I upgraded it to Pure AWD, then once they announced the instant credit and keeping legacy pricing I finally decided to go with the Touring and am receiving delivery about 2.5 weeks later!
For the Ev credit did that subtract the amount after the subtotal price where the add on the destination and doc fee or after the total?

I'm Back!!!! 🙃😂😂

So after a full 48 hours of owning my Touring I have to admit, it was worth the wait and the aggravation caused by the delays.

I know we've all seen about a million different pictures of these cars, so I'm going to share a million and one and formally introduce everyone to Chameleon Merlot!

With that out if the way, let me share with everyone my home delivery experience and the build quality of the car and subsequent due bill.

This was a low light for me. A few days before, I asked my advisor for more details on what I should expect for the virtual walk through. Friday passed, the weekend passed, and Monday passed with no email or phone call with the Zoom information. Delivery day (Valentine's Day) arrives and I texted my DA around 11:00 am eastern time for an update and heard nothing. Noon comes and goes then I finally get a call from the sales team regarding the Zoom information and virtual walk through. My DA texted me back asking if I received the call and I reply yes, finally.

Delivery is scheduled for 4:00 pm and I was told it could arrive earlier than that a few days earlier. Great, I'm pleased by this. When the sales guy calls me at 1:00 pm I inquire about the location of my car and a delivery update. He replied that he had just checked the delivery GPS (I'm not sure if it's built into the car or if it was a tracker placed on the car) and my car was 5, yes, 5 hours away!!! Cue the record scratch!! Now I can do math and 5 hours from 1:00 pm puts my delivery at 6:00 pm which is 2 hours later than I was told. Recall, my car went through PDI at Coldwater, Michigan and that's around 8 hours from Harrisburg. So I ask him, was the car just picked up this morning for a straight through drive from Michigan and if so, it sounds like the car was picked up between 9:00 am to 9:30 am and there was no way they were going to make a 4:00 pm delivery. Not only that, I wasn't happy about taking delivery when it would be dark outside. He noted my disappointment and we moved on. The car arrived around 6:15 pm and it was indeed dark out.

Virtual Walk Through:

It lasted about 45 minutes and it went faster because I had read the owner's manual "cover to cover" 3 weeks prior. However, the sales associate dropped a bomb on me when I asked where the temporary tag was located in the car because i couldn't find it. Umm, yeah you guessed it, THEY FORGOT TO PUT THE TEMP TAG IN THE GLOVE BOX! 🤬😡🤬😡

I could tell he did not want to tell me that and waited as long as he could to tell me. So I once again let him know that was I pissed about this oversight and we ended the Zoom call.

I debated what to do next, he had told me my DA was going to overnight me my tag so I'd have it the next day but my impatient ass decided I was not going to work tomorrow in any other car but the one I just spent $122,000 for so I grabbed a screwdriver out of my tool box, grabbed my old license plate which the Lucid would be transferred to anyway, and drove the car to show off to my family. Luckily they only live about 2 miles away. 😂😂

While at my family, I received an email notification from my DA that included a PDF attachment of my temporary plate. I sent it to my printer from my phone and put it in my rear window when I returned home.

Wednesday Afternoon:

A bunch of long stares on the drive to work and even more when I got there. A couple of colleagues knew I had ordered one so when one of them saw the car parked in my spot, he actually took a picture and texted it to me with glowing praise.

Later that day I had a doctor's appointment. On that drive I had a car pull up on my passenger side, roll down their window just to tell me that the car was fire! Not 45 seconds later, some dude on a motorcycle zipped past me looking at the car and a few other cars. We reach the next light, motorcycle dude is still staring and I knew he was trying to show off on his bike. The light changes and he takes off. I said okay, I see you. I catch up to him because he slows down and lets the cars in both lanes in front of us put some distance in. I reach him and hit Sprint activation, I point to him and we both floor it. Guess who won?? He catches back up to me because I'm stopped at a light with a few other cars. He pulls up on my passenger side, lifts his sun visor, I roll down the window, and his first question to me is what in the hell are you driving? 😂😂😂 I explain it's a Lucid, he tells me yeah, this ain't no Tesla because he's beaten those before. I explain he'd probably never beat a Lucid on his current bike and that he should check out the YouTube video of Sapphire smoking a Bugatti, Plaid, and a Ducati. He didn't believe me about the Ducati getting smoked so I told him go watch for himself. Oh, by the way the cars behind us were amused about us holding up traffic. Oops!

I'm fortunate that I only had 5 items on my due bill. There was a 2 inch scratch on the light bar, a scratch on the rear pillar, and rock chip on the rear passenger door, and another rock chip on the A pillar. Full PPF will be scheduled as soon as Wifey gives me the thumbs up.

The frunk as a larger gap on the passenger side, the charge port door is misaligned, there are 2 missing clips in the driver's side rear wheel well and that same well its rubber gasket not clipped fully so it's hanging a bit at the seam.

Thanks for reading!!
Congrats, @Babyrocko1908 !
She’s a beaut!

For the Ev credit did that subtract the amount after the subtotal price where the add on the destination and doc fee or after the total?
New price, plus the $1,650 destination fee, plus $75. That's what is taxed.

I'm Back!!!! 🙃😂😂

Virtual Walk Through:

Wednesday Afternoon:

Thanks for reading!!
Finally and congrats :). Still waiting to get my driver's window to go up so I can tool around. Like the 20" wheels. If I'd known we'd have 50-60 degree weather in Feb - I might have done the same.

I'm Back!!!! 🙃😂😂

Virtual Walk Through:

Wednesday Afternoon:

Thanks for reading!!
Gorgeous! How did you pick up on the scratches etc in the dark??

Back