Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

seeing posts like these, it will only incentivize lucid to remove basic features and make it a premium. buyers like you will just get DDP. honestly, it's unfair to customers. maybe $ is not a factor for folks.
BTW I do agree that safety should be a standard feature in all cars. Many Toyota cars seem to have them as standard at a first glance but look closely and features like 360 degree view push you into a very expensive model. I am glad that dd pro is available option in the cheapest model. However, advanced safety features do cost a lot in hardware and software. I am here because I walked away unscathed 10 years ago from a safe car which was totalled but if it had ddpro that accident would not have happened and I did pay higher premium for 3yesrs after that.

If dd pro prevents just one accident in the duration of your ownership, that is probably worth it. That is my reason for wanting it.
Tbh I hadn't considered that. +1

Driving a motorcycle for years, I've learned to be extremely timid around other drivers or avoid being next to them entirely, and to avoid stupid situations (like people in traffic letting someone in to make a left turn when the 3rd lane is unaware of what is happening)
This is what caused my 2 year old nephew to pass earlier this year (people let a tow truck in in heavy traffic, farther lanes had no idea these other guys were letting him in, and the tow truck took the opportunity and gunned it, so he popped up right in front of my sister in-law who was cruising normally and she had the right of way)

Dreamdrive feels like a misnomer now. With highway assist I could go with it. Now it’s just basic adas
I thought basic adas includes adaptive cruise control with steering without navigation. It does seem that dd is not really doing much. It is about time we see a clear table of dd and dd pro and a real time table for adding features to dd pro.

I thought basic adas includes adaptive cruise control with steering without navigation. It does seem that dd is not really doing much. It is about time we see a clear table of dd and dd pro and a real time table for adding features to dd pro.
yeah, from what I've read, I had no idea what DDrive really offers compared to pro lol, I mean it seems like it does nothing

BTW I do agree that safety should be a standard feature in all cars. Many Toyota cars seem to have them as standard at a first glance but look closely and features like 360 degree view push you into a very expensive model. I am glad that dd pro is available option in the cheapest model. However, advanced safety features do cost a lot in hardware and software. I am here because I walked away unscathed 10 years ago from a safe car which was totalled but if it had ddpro that accident would not have happened and I did pay higher premium for 3yesrs after that.
IMO, it is not an issue of being fair or unfair; it is an issue of economics. Companies spend millions developing new features. Someone has to pay for them. I remember Audi charging thousands for LED headlamps when they first offered them; now it's standard equipment for many cars. Same can be said for adaptive cruise control, power windows, power door locks, rain-sensing wipers - you name it. I'm not sure you can buy a car without power windows anymore because it's cheaper than a manual window. In a few years, many dream drive pro features will be standard on all cars. What's intriguing to me is that DDP is programmable. Hopefully, Lucid will continue to develop features that will be static on other cars. That's what I'm buying it for. I'm in my early/mid 70s. I'm hoping DDP will allow me to drive safely into my 80s if I'm still around. Just my 2-cents.

Not sure if this should be a new post or not. I am a little disappointed in the Touring ordering process. I got the email to confirm and completed that. Then a finalization email with a request for info including copies (front and back) of driver's license. I was able to submit the first two sections of the request, but the driver's license photo I was not able to complete. I made sure each image was under 5MB, but when I click "Submit"...it processes for a second but never confirms completion. So...I sent the photos directly to the sales@ email and explained what I am telling you here.

No response from them on that email at all. So we called this weekend and were told someone would call us and we weren't losing our place in line or anything. I assume this was just an answering service. Anyway, I kind of feel like I'm Ralphie on The Christmas Story waiting for my Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring, not a six digit luxury EV. Is there a staffing issue at Lucid? If I even sniff around any dealership and leave my email/phone number, I can't escape the hounding of the sales people. Does not seem to be the case with Lucid. I hope this is not a sample of what to expect after purchase now.

I know it's all "first world" problems, but we are going to Turks and Caicos this Saturday for two weeks and I really want to finalize everything I need to do before leaving. Sadly. I'm feeling that won't be the case.

Not sure if this should be a new post or not. I am a little disappointed in the Touring ordering process. I got the email to confirm and completed that. Then a finalization email with a request for info including copies (front and back) of driver's license. I was able to submit the first two sections of the request, but the driver's license photo I was not able to complete. I made sure each image was under 5MB, but when I click "Submit"...it processes for a second but never confirms completion. So...I sent the photos directly to the sales@ email and explained what I am telling you here.

No response from them on that email at all. So we called this weekend and were told someone would call us and we weren't losing our place in line or anything. I assume this was just an answering service. Anyway, I kind of feel like I'm Ralphie on The Christmas Story waiting for my Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring, not a six digit luxury EV. Is there a staffing issue at Lucid? If I even sniff around any dealership and leave my email/phone number, I can't escape the hounding of the sales people. Does not seem to be the case with Lucid. I hope this is not a sample of what to expect after purchase now.

I know it's all "first world" problems, but we are going to Turks and Caicos this Saturday for two weeks and I really want to finalize everything I need to do before leaving. Sadly. I'm feeling that won't be the case.
I had the same issues as you. I emailed my SA, and she took care of it. The email requesting my DL disappeared from my inbox.

This one looks like a flaw with their web site. Many here who confirmed have reported similar issues with uploading their license. Could be a content blocker thing, poor testing in specific browsers, or any other number of issues.

Either way, they should have responded to you after you did the manual submission. It was Halloween weekend, so maybe that had an impact? Either way, I hope they get back to you soon to confirm you are—umm—confirmed.

Everyone else who did a similar manual thing here on the forum has said their DA told them they are good to go. So you probably are. But they still should circle back with you.

And hopefully they get the web site fixed before the next round of invites goes out this week.

I had the same issue but my DA emailed me and said that I could just send it to him

IMO, it is not an issue of being fair or unfair; it is an issue of economics. Companies spend millions developing new features. Someone has to pay for them. I remember Audi charging thousands for LED headlamps when they first offered them; now it's standard equipment for many cars. Same can be said for adaptive cruise control, power windows, power door locks, rain-sensing wipers - you name it. I'm not sure you can buy a car without power windows anymore because it's cheaper than a manual window. In a few years, many dream drive pro features will be standard on all cars. What's intriguing to me is that DDP is programmable. Hopefully, Lucid will continue to develop features that will be static on other cars. That's what I'm buying it for. I'm in my early/mid 70s. I'm hoping DDP will allow me to drive safely into my 80s if I'm still around. Just my 2-cents.
I totally agree with you. I will be 66 and I kept my cars for 14 to 21 years in the past and for sure reflexes will go down.

Thanks for replies. I'm not sure what an SA or DA is. We have someone named Billy assigned to us. He never really calls us. We call him and it takes him a long time to call back (if he does). He sent me an email a while back for the test drive offering which I availed myself of and thanked him for. Then, strangely, like a few weeks later, sent me another test drive email. Perhaps it's just who you get assigned to...*shrug*

Thanks for replies. I'm not sure what an SA or DA is. We have someone named Billy assigned to us. He never really calls us. We call him and it takes him a long time to call back (if he does). He sent me an email a while back for the test drive offering which I availed myself of and thanked him for. Then, strangely, like a few weeks later, sent me another test drive email. Perhaps it's just who you get assigned to...*shrug*
SA is the sales advisor who offere you the test drives and such. DA is the delivery advisor that takes over after confirming which you did. I just got an introductory email last Friday regarding next steps in he purchasing process

That sounds like a sales advisor. Mine sent me a test drive email after I'd already done one (without asking his assistance).

Your car won't exist within the next two weeks, so I can't imagine it would make a difference if you do this stuff when you're back.

Does anyone know what the rough timeline is of when I'll need to provide payment after the reservation? I'll be securing financing so I don't want to apply to lenders too early since I think rates are only locked for a short period of time.

Does anyone know what the rough timeline is of when I'll need to provide payment after the reservation? I'll be securing financing so I don't want to apply to lenders too early since I think rates are only locked for a short period of time.
Generally, folks who have been through this advise not to start the process until you get confirmation the car is at the very least on its way to the service center or studio from which you will pick it up. Others say wait until they confirm it actually arrived at that location.

Lucid may push you to start financing before then, but like you said, start too early and you may end up with financing options that have expired. Not good.

yeah, from what I've read, I had no idea what DDrive really offers compared to pro lol, I mean it seems like it does nothing
First off, condolences on your nephew. That is a nightmare come true.

My comment on ddp is...aren't we buying these vehicles for the pleasure of driving them? It looks to me as if dd gives you all of the safety features you would ever need.Hopefully we are all cautious drivers and capable of driving such a powerful vehicle. The thought of a self driving feature boggles my mind. If you want a vehicle that you don't have to "drive", take the railroad.

you get confirmation the car is at the very least on its way to the service center or studio from which you will pick it up. Others say wait until they confirm it actually arrived at that location.
Ok good to know, so sounds like Lucid won't require payment before shipping the car to my area then.

I too have been curious on the payment and do not want to apply too early as the approvals tend to be 30 or 60 days for auto loans. However, with the FED set to raise rates again this week, it seems like the more prudent option is to find a 60 preapproval and lock in a lower rate before banks likely raise rates this week.

As someone who paid $6k for FSD features that never materialized, I totally get how you feel. For me, the 360 cam and highway assist are enough of a must-have to make the decision easier. Plus, I’m locked into original pricing, so I won’t be paying quite as much.
These are the reasons I am considering and leaning toward including DDP, especially the 360 camera. I have one now on my current DD and it would be hard to go back.

We save a whole $1K on the upgrade being locked into the original pricing.

Tbh I hadn't considered that. +1

Driving a motorcycle for years, I've learned to be extremely timid around other drivers or avoid being next to them entirely, and to avoid stupid situations (like people in traffic letting someone in to make a left turn when the 3rd lane is unaware of what is happening)
This is what caused my 2 year old nephew to pass earlier this year (people let a tow truck in in heavy traffic, farther lanes had no idea these other guys were letting him in, and the tow truck took the opportunity and gunned it, so he popped up right in front of my sister in-law who was cruising normally and she had the right of way)
sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Back