Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

From the email, "plan to build all Air Touring vehicles with a common configuration of the most popular selections". I have all these aforementioned options except for DDP. Thoughts on adding the $10K option to get car earlier?
Same. To me, it's not worth it since I don't even want it, but I sure hope it does not delay the delivery much. When confirming the details, I noticed that the DDP was the only one that did not say "availability later" or something similar.

Got my invitation to confirm. Did so. Could not upload DL so called and emailed to SA. He said he would upload from his end.
White - Tahoe - Dream Drive Pro - Surreal Sound Pro. I tried to order options that would be manufactured first.

Please update my reservation details - March 5, 2021. Seems like this might happen at least by early next year. Excited.

Wow. Looks like the Quantum Grey folks are in the early lead with confirmations. At least those reporting to us.

Quick question for everyone getting their Touring

So according to an earlier reply, Highway Assist will no longer be offered with people who don't have Dream Drive.

But what about resale-ability of the Lucid if you don't get Dream Drive Pro?
Ultimately I think I want to sell or trade in my Lucid and get a Gravity when it releases.

With that being said, what does everyone think about biting the bullet and getting Dream Drive Pro for the sole purpose of future reselling? Or do you think it won't be that big of a deal?

Got my invitation to confirm. Did so. Could not upload DL so called and emailed to SA. He said he would upload from his end.
White - Tahoe - Dream Drive Pro - Surreal Sound Pro. I tried to order options that would be manufactured first.

Please update my reservation details - March 5, 2021. Seems like this might happen at least by early next year. Excited.
Dear Moderator - If you would like to fill out the rest of my details - 19" wheels - glass canopy and from CA- Thanks

Quick question for everyone getting their Touring

So according to an earlier reply, Highway Assist will no longer be offered with people who don't have Dream Drive.

But what about resale-ability of the Lucid if you don't get Dream Drive Pro?
Ultimately I think I want to sell or trade in my Lucid and get a Gravity when it releases.

With that being said, what does everyone think about biting the bullet and getting Dream Drive Pro for the sole purpose of future reselling? Or do you think it won't be that big of a deal?
I'm still hoping the customer service rep was wrong about Highway Assist not being included. The original press release Lucid put out a long time ago suggested it would be.

Lucid really needs to make this official with an actual statement somewhere. No more hearsay from random reps.

Meanwhile, on the question of resale value: I think it will certainly make a difference. But will you get the full $9k back? That's debatable. $9k minus however many years of enjoying the feature before you sell? Sure.

The fact that it cannot be retrofitted (as of today) might be worth more than the feature itself. Cars without it might not be attractive 3-5 years from now. So while you may not get $9k back, you may find a buyer that much quicker.

As someone who spent $6k on FSD for my Tesla, I can say with certainty that was not worth it to me. The features just never improved enough to be useable. From what I hear of Highway Assist, though, it already seems to be working fairly well. And I would pay the $9k just to have more cameras and the 360 view myself. Nuts, maybe. But that's my main reason for getting DDPro. All the autonomous stuff I consider to be a parlor trick in the short term.

I'm still hoping the customer service rep was wrong about Highway Assist not being included. The original press release Lucid put out a long time ago suggested it would be.

Lucid really needs to make this official with an actual statement somewhere. No more hearsay from random reps.

Meanwhile, on the question of resale value: I think it will certainly make a difference. But will you get the full $9k back? That's debatable. $9k minus however many years of enjoying the feature before you sell? Sure.

The fact that it cannot be retrofitted (as of today) might be worth more than the feature itself. Cars without it might not be attractive 3-5 years from now. So while you may not get $9k back, you may find a buyer that much quicker.

As someone who spent $6k on FSD for my Tesla, I can say with certainty that was not worth it to me. The features just never improved enough to be useable. From what I hear of Highway Assist, though, it already seems to be working fairly well. And I would pay the $9k just to have more cameras and the 360 view myself. Nuts, maybe. But that's my main reason for getting DDPro. All the autonomous stuff I consider to be a parlor trick in the short term.
Other than the autonomous driving features of Dream Drive Pro, and Blind Spot Assist, what other features will DDPro add on top?

360 view? Anything else?

And I I asked my SA to verify, and he was sure Highway Assist was in DD cars and that Pro wasn't a requirement. He said he'll investigate by Friday. I told him that for me it's an important feature to have and so I'm not finalizing until I know the truth behind that feature. So we'll see what happens.

As for resell, you're right that I probably won't get the 9k back. When it comes to financing, an additional 10k when you're already spending 103k or so will probably be negligible on the monthly payments anyways. And now here comes the whole tax rebate thing.
If we can get the rebate, that'll definitely help make the car cheaper.

I also noticed the 3k+ delivery fee, which I thought I remember someone from Lucid telling me delivery was free. I keep seeing conflicting info

@mods my reservation had DDP too, maybe didn't carry over. Thanks!

Reactions: Joe
I have a pretty old order August 2021 and I got no email about production, no email to finalize.
My original order said no glass roof , no dream drive , and Mojave interior. Is this why I didn’t get the email?? Couldn’t I possibly change my options. I would have at least liked an email…

Update: Confirmed order - Cosmos Silver / Tahoe / 20" Aero Lite / Glass Canopy / SS Pro / DD

Reactions: Joe
I have a pretty old order August 2021 and I got no email about production, no email to finalize.
My original order said no glass roof , no dream drive , and Mojave interior. Is this why I didn’t get the email?? Couldn’t I possibly change my options. I would have at least liked an email…
I spoke with my DA this evening acknowledging my dismay as I read that many of our Touring Cohorts had received invitations [via email] to finalize their order, yet [like you] I had not. This 'stung' given I reserved my Touring [back] in March 2020. With the pressure to ramp up production and satisfy all those that have been patiently waiting, I am hopeful LUCID doesn't loose sight of the customer's experience and the loss of equity & [genuine] fairness for all of us that have patiently waited in line.

I spoke with my DA this evening acknowledging my dismay as I read that many of our Touring Cohorts had received invitations [via email] to finalize their order, yet [like you] I had not. This 'stung' given I reserved my Touring [back] in March 2020. With the pressure to ramp up production and satisfy all those that have been patiently waiting, I am hopeful LUCID doesn't loose sight of the customer's experience and the loss of equity & [genuine] fairness for all of us that have patiently waited in line.
Well you certainly seem like an OG I wonder what’s the deal. I wonder how they determined how to send out Touring production emails. Did you select any of the non listed options like metal roof?

I'm a March 2021 holder and I got my invite

Well you certainly seem like an OG I wonder what’s the deal. I wonder how they determined how to send out Touring production emails. Did you select any of the non listed options like metal roof?
My understanding was that they just sent out the invitations to finalize based on reservation date so I have no clue why a reservation from March 2020 would not have been offered it. It is only after you finalize it that will determine your production queue

I upgraded my touring order but that shouldn’t affect this right ?

I think people up to July 2021 got invites to finalize. I've read here somewhere that means about the first 1000 reservation holders. The configurations we had saved have no bearing on the invite to finalize. When you finalize, if your final order doesn't include the features they are building first, your car will not be built until Lucid decides to put those features into production.

Personally, I was going to spend extra for SSP and the glass canopy that I didn't really want just to get the car ASAP (Oct 2020 reservation). But, they really fucked up my plan when they added in last minute that for reasons unknown, they are not building any Tourings with Mojave interiors until Q1 2023. That really pisses me off since they have been building GT's with that interior already. It shouldn't be a cause of delay. But, since they are not getting me my car this year and putting me at increased risk for not getting the tax credit, I am changing my order to black, metal roof and no SSP. At this point, who knows when they will get around to building it. My SA told me metal and no SSP is "later 2023" availability. More importantly, who knows what other vehicles will be available at the time they decide to build a car with the options I am now willing to pay for.

Regarding the question of DDP above, a good part of the reason I was going to get that was to get the car sooner, too. But, resale value definitely played a role in being willing to pay up front for it.

I thought the reservation window opened in August or September of 2020. If you have a reservation from March 2020, how were you able to place it so early?

If that was a typo and your reservation was from 2021, I would have thought you'd get the email to finalize since others from July 2021 got the email. Please let us know what your DA said.

Back