Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

Question for Pure owners that came from a Tesla. How's the UX experience? More specifically, how the mobile app features? I don't think Lucid has "sentry mode" yet, but is there the ability to view cameras, control temperature, view GPS location, etc. all through the app like Telsa?
Also, does the car feel "heavy"? I currently have a Model Y (around 4,500 lbs) and the Lucid is around 5,200 lbs. Just curious if the extra weight makes that much of a difference in terms of drive.
Thanks.

Question for Pure owners that came from a Tesla. How's the UX experience? More specifically, how the mobile app features? I don't think Lucid has "sentry mode" yet, but is there the ability to view cameras, control temperature, view GPS location, etc. all through the app like Telsa?
No
Also, does the car feel "heavy"? I currently have a Model Y (around 4,500 lbs) and the Lucid is around 5,200 lbs. Just curious if the extra weight makes that much of a difference in terms of drive.
Thanks.
Yes, it makes it feel very luxurious, solid, and quiet.

Thanks.
Came from a Model S Performance - In my 4 days so far in the Pure, the UX has been more than adequate in comparison. There are still a lot of things that will need to be improved (not being able to have NAV and Audio up at the same time for example). A few things I'll miss in the Model S but the Pure more than makes up for it by completely outclassing the Model S in capability and quality.

Cant view cameras just yet but temperature, GPS location and being able to send the car your destination before you get in it all work well. I feel like the Lucid drives lighter due to the better chassis, semi-active dampers etc.

Thanks.
Get the Pure. The ride and handling is miles ahead of any Tesla. Not to mention the quality. App not as responsive but who cares about that. You use the app for a few seconds a day, you drive the car 1 hour a day. App can be improved, car ride and handling cannot. Best car I ever bought- past owner of a Model S, Model 3 and other well regarded ICE cars.

Get the Pure. The ride and handling is miles ahead of any Tesla. Not to mention the quality. App not as responsive but who cares about that. You use the app for a few seconds a day, you drive the car 1 hour a day. App can be improved, car ride and handling cannot. Best car I ever bought- past owner of a Model S, Model 3 and other well regarded ICE cars.
I have 1700 miles in the first week. Great car.

I just wanted to share that this Forum is awesome and thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge. I’ve been trolling (in a good way) this site for awhile now and learning everything I can about the Air. My day finally arrived and I picked up my fathom blue air pure, DM-AWD, Surreal Sound System. Since I took delivery before the end of their special leasing promotion, they threw in a set of all weather mats -no other freebies were offered, like hats/pencils/cups. As expected the delivery process was quick and painless, and the assigned DA wasn’t the one that walk me through the final steps, but all good. Prior to picking up the vehicle today, I thought I should go for a test drive just to confirm everyone’s experiences - honestly, because of this forum it was like I had already driven the car 😁. I was lucky to have test driven the exact same car as mine except it had the DDP. The feature that I wish the standard DD included is the surround and blind spot views when changing lanes - maybe at some point Lucid will allow us to add additional features for an additional fee, then again not sure if it would require additional cameras. Anyhow, the car handled great and took the curves like it was on rails. It handled the small twisties on Sunset Blvd (between Veterans and Beverly Glen) with no problems. The SA allowed me to drive this stretch a few times so I could test out all three drive modes - you can really feel the suspension in swift and sprint modes, and the acceleration was amazing and more than I’ll ever need. The odometer shows 29 miles (10 miles when I picked it up) and I’m looking forward to putting on more miles over this long weekend. Happy motoring and I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_2423.jpeg
    IMG_2423.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 171
Congratulations!

I picked up my Lucid Air Pure AWD in Fathom Blue a week ago today, and I am loving the build quality, power and performance, the interior ergonomics, style and design.

Lucid Air (not BMW) is the ultimate driving experience.

Enjoy!

I just wanted to share that this Forum is awesome and thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge. I’ve been trolling (in a good way) this site for awhile now and learning everything I can about the Air. My day finally arrived and I picked up my fathom blue air pure, DM-AWD, Surreal Sound System. Since I took delivery before the end of their special leasing promotion, they threw in a set of all weather mats -no other freebies were offered, like hats/pencils/cups. As expected the delivery process was quick and painless, and the assigned DA wasn’t the one that walk me through the final steps, but all good. Prior to picking up the vehicle today, I thought I should go for a test drive just to confirm everyone’s experiences - honestly, because of this forum it was like I had already driven the car 😁. I was lucky to have test driven the exact same car as mine except it had the DDP. The feature that I wish the standard DD included is the surround and blind spot views when changing lanes - maybe at some point Lucid will allow us to add additional features for an additional fee, then again not sure if it would require additional cameras. Anyhow, the car handled great and took the curves like it was on rails. It handled the small twisties on Sunset Blvd (between Veterans and Beverly Glen) with no problems. The SA allowed me to drive this stretch a few times so I could test out all three drive modes - you can really feel the suspension in swift and sprint modes, and the acceleration was amazing and more than I’ll ever need. The odometer shows 29 miles (10 miles when I picked it up) and I’m looking forward to putting on more miles over this long weekend. Happy motoring and I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend
What are the specs of your car?

I just wanted to share that this Forum is awesome and thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge. I’ve been trolling (in a good way) this site for awhile now and learning everything I can about the Air. My day finally arrived and I picked up my fathom blue air pure, DM-AWD, Surreal Sound System. Since I took delivery before the end of their special leasing promotion, they threw in a set of all weather mats -no other freebies were offered, like hats/pencils/cups. As expected the delivery process was quick and painless, and the assigned DA wasn’t the one that walk me through the final steps, but all good. Prior to picking up the vehicle today, I thought I should go for a test drive just to confirm everyone’s experiences - honestly, because of this forum it was like I had already driven the car 😁. I was lucky to have test driven the exact same car as mine except it had the DDP. The feature that I wish the standard DD included is the surround and blind spot views when changing lanes - maybe at some point Lucid will allow us to add additional features for an additional fee, then again not sure if it would require additional cameras. Anyhow, the car handled great and took the curves like it was on rails. It handled the small twisties on Sunset Blvd (between Veterans and Beverly Glen) with no problems. The SA allowed me to drive this stretch a few times so I could test out all three drive modes - you can really feel the suspension in swift and sprint modes, and the acceleration was amazing and more than I’ll ever need. The odometer shows 29 miles (10 miles when I picked it up) and I’m looking forward to putting on more miles over this long weekend. Happy motoring and I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!
Congrats and enjoy the car! Excellent choice. Now that I've had my experience with my GT, if I did it again, I'd pick your car with the same exact specs and fathom blue!

Gorgeous. Congrats!

Congratulations!

I picked up my Lucid Air Pure AWD in Fathom Blue a week ago today, and I am loving the build quality, power and performance, the interior ergonomics, style and design.

Lucid Air (not BMW) is the ultimate driving experience.

Enjoy!
As a BMW owner and long time bimmer fan (M4 and I considered I7), I can relate. That's what I tell my friends and neighbors, in my view BMW lost that moniker of ultimate driving machine 😛

Oops... Short hit list:

1. Get tire certificates from America's Tire / Discount Tire

2. PPF and tint your car. Get the invoice or receipt and call or submit to your insurance. State Farm confirmed for me that they would replace that value.

3. No matter how small or big, keep a list of issues and give it to them during any service stops. They will put their best effort to address all of them.

Oops... Short hit list:

1. Get tire certificates from America's Tire / Discount Tire

2. PPF and tint your car. Get the invoice or receipt and call or submit to your insurance. State Farm confirmed for me that they would replace that value.

3. No matter how small or big, keep a list of issues and give it to them during any service stops. They will put their best effort to address all of them.
What is this certificates? I know about certificates from tires purchased from discount tire. Are you telling me they will issue certificates for OEM tires that weren't purchased from them? If so..how much time do I have for them to honor that before bringing it in?

Also insurance will pay for tint?

1. It's like tire insurance, and yes, they will cover OEM tires if they qualify. As soon as you get the car, you have America's Tire evaluate to qualify them for certificates. Cost me about $65 / tire for the Pirellis. More info here https://www.americastire.com/customer-service/certificates?storeCode=1046

2. No, insurance won't pay for tint. But if you get PPF and tints done = body detailing work, it adds to the value of your car. I'm not sure if every insurance company allows this but State Farm confirmed for me and they have my receipt on file so if I get damage, they will replace the work.

1. It's like tire insurance, and yes, they will cover OEM tires if they qualify. As soon as you get the car, you have America's Tire evaluate to qualify them for certificates. Cost me about $65 / tire for the Pirellis. More info here https://www.americastire.com/customer-service/certificates?storeCode=1046

2. No, insurance won't pay for tint. But if you get PPF and tints done = body detailing work, it adds to the value of your car. I'm not sure if every insurance company allows this but State Farm confirmed for me and they have my receipt on file so if I get damage, they will replace the work.
Replacing the work is something insurance has to do regardless; as long as it's legal (and sometimes even when it's not, because everything can be a "parking sensor" if needed lol), their job is to either a) declare it a total loss or b) fix it to how it was prior to the accident. Option B includes PPF, tint, and anything else that might have been on the car before a claim.

Option A is where your scenario comes in. In the case of a total loss, insurance will now consider your tint and PPF as added value to the car, increasing your potential payout.

@Sunman67
Congratulations, The "surround and blind spot views when changing lanes" are now offered as a DD-Premium (a small step-up from DD) for $2K extra option. But it is not clear if you can only order it when buying new or if you can add it to previously bought cars as an option you can add. Most cars are hard-ware ready for this, especially those that have the DD-Pro on 90 day trial.

I just received an email from my Delivery Advisor saying that they are expecting to start production of rear wheel drive Pures in 6 to 8 weeks. This is good news for me.
I am liking my metal roof with this hot weather. I will be interested to hear the reviews on the rear wheel drive when it comes out

I just received an email from my Delivery Advisor saying that they are expecting to start production of rear wheel drive Pures in 6 to 8 weeks. This is good news for me.
This is great news for all of the Pure RWD reservation holders! Congratulations on having a light at the end of the waiting tunnel :)

Back