Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

My Dashboard says: "Preparing for Production". It has said this for the last 30 days. Is this what others are seeing?

In mid-January my sales advisor said Pure production would begin in six weeks, i.e. at the end of February. If that’s true (a big ”if”) my best guess is that they would produce the full spec blue cars until they satisfy demand and then switch to other colors in all wheel drive spec next and then produce the rear wheel drive cars. Given Lucid’s (growing) production throughput and their stated order backlog, my guess is that they won’t be able to satisfy the existing Pure backlog until Q4 of 2023 at the earliest. When you get your car will primarily depend on your spec and secondarily on when you placed your order.

Your response to The703KG is one factor in the frustration. There are others. Part of the discontent of a number of us with early reservations is that, for whatever reason, the California 12 were a one-off right before the end of the year and Pures haven’t been produced since. Some of us were miffed that folks with much later reservations were invited by Lucid to jump the line ahead of us thinking it was the beginning of a solid run of Pure production rather than a year-end publicity event. According to the tracker I have one of the 2 oldest reservations and I have the configuration for earliest production. My DA‘s response today to my question of when will production of Pures start was that he hoped he would have an answer in Feb. I fully understand the realities a new company like Lucid faces. But there are buyer realities as well: succumbing to delay-fatigue; facing the reality that their current drive has to be replaced sooner rather than later; finding themselves forced out of Lucid’s price range by the change in economic circumstances; or discovering a new BEV that comes close to what they want and is available. In the best of a buyer’s world, my DA would have said, ”Production is slated to begin ….” But, I remind myself, when my new model 2013 MKZ was delayed, Lincoln wasn’t any more forthcoming than Lucid as to when I could expect delivery. I wish there were an emoji for drumming one’s fingers because that is the one I would post. 27 months and counting; in our culture, that is a life-time.
Car is amazing, you waited this long, be patient. I promise you, the drive will blow you away! Absolutely amazing the way it rides over bumps. Lucid has the best EV tech, software continuing to be improved. Very satified with my purchase! Actually, now considering booking a Gravity for my wife.

They produced several Pures just so they can say they delivered Pures Q4 2022 but then apparently moved back all their production to Touring.

Met an old gentleman maybe 75+ at a bakery several days ago who approached me and asked about Lucid (I was wearing the Lucid zip jacket). He reserved the very base Pure more than 2 years ago. I'm very excited for him but geez that wait though. I told him if he got AWD he could maybe get it in 3-4 months but he seemed to not care waiting.

Reservation date: Oct 9, 2021
Finalized date: Nov 22, 2022
Exterior color: Fathom Blue
Options: Alcantara, AWD, 19" wheels

They produced several Pures just so they can say they delivered Pures Q4 2022 but then apparently moved back all their production to Touring.

Met an old gentleman maybe 75+ at a bakery several days ago who approached me and asked about Lucid (I was wearing the Lucid zip jacket). He reserved the very base Pure more than 2 years ago. I'm very excited for him but geez that wait though. I told him if he got AWD he could maybe get it in 3-4 months but he seemed to not care waiting.
There’s a few of us who waited 30 months for our GT’s. I imagine there’s many who will be waiting longer for their Tourings and Pures if they were early reservation holders like us in early 2020. The good news is that production has absolutely ramped up from the early days.

All I can say is that it’s 100% worth the wait!

He may not have cared waiting for the same reason I don’t, the current state of the software. Honestly, if faced with taking delivery today I don’t know what I’d do. Driving an i4 today, with no software issues, makes me a bit paranoid about transitioning into the myriad of issues that still exist for many here.

I’m confident that a year from now the software will be in a far better place than it is now. I know many will say the issues for them are minor, but these pages are littered with many other owners who tell a far different story.

This car is just too good to be let down by the current state of its software and I’m convinced Lucid will not allow it to continue to be dragged down by these issues.

Makes sense. I mean, if the market acts senseless, that’s how you manage your production as well.

He may not have cared waiting for the same reason I don’t, the current state of the software. Honestly, if faced with taking delivery today I don’t know what I’d do. Driving an i4 today, with no software issues, makes me a bit paranoid about transitioning into the myriad of issues that still exist for many here.

I’m confident that a year from now the software will be in a far better place than it is now. I know many will say the issues for them are minor, but these pages are littered with many other owners who tell a far different story.

This car is just too good to be let down by the current state of its software and I’m convinced Lucid will not allow it to continue to be dragged down by these issues.
Yep, software is an easy fix. They’ve done the difficult part well!

I just received a phone call from my Delivery Advisor that my car is scheduled for production at the end of February and expected to be delivered the middle of March. Whoo-hoo!

Pure - Infinite Black Mojave PurLuxe with Alcantara headliner 20” Aero Lite Wheels Metal Roof AWD Drivetrain Surreal Sound Pro DreamDrive Pro

I just received a phone call from my Delivery Advisor that my car is scheduled for production at the end of February and expected to be delivered the middle of March. Whoo-hoo!

Pure - Infinite Black Mojave PurLuxe with Alcantara headliner 20” Aero Lite Wheels Metal Roof AWD Drivetrain Surreal Sound Pro DreamDrive Pro
Whoo-hoo!. When did you place your reservation?

Back