Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

Sort of adding to the above comment, when might it be reasonable for studios to have Pures to test drive? I also really want to see the fathom blue in person to decide between that and zenith red.
I'd try reaching out to your closest studio and ask them directly.

me. I've been fortunate enough to have driven all trims available and receive one of the first Pures
What are your thoughts on the Touring and Pure models driving dynamics? I've only test driven a GT and it took me a few days to process that. It was amazing!

I originally reserved in Jan of 22 and would actually like to change my order to get it sooner but no comms from Lucid. Even when I went in for the rest drive last month, they really didn't seem to know anything about getting my order finalized or updating my spec.
Same here. I reached out to my DA and he said once invited to finalizer my order, I can make those changes so I dont think you can change your order for an earlier delivery until you've been invited to finalize.

I have a reservation from just a couple days before the price increase, have no saved design, and have received no communication from Lucid about finalizing or ordering. Maybe your location matters? Are you two from California?
Either way, I'm actually okay with the delay, which I know seems weird, but given my exact situation, I'm okay waiting a couple years. Plus, it should help Lucid get more kinks out of production.
Edits for the tracker: Stellar White, RWD, 19" wheels, Surreal Sound ($4K for SS Pro? - REALLY?!? Is the audio that much better?), Dream Drive ($10K for DD Pro? - No thanks, I'd rather drive myself).

My initial reservation was in May 2022, and I confirmed it by paying Lucid $300 in August. My greatest frustration with Lucid is that they have not disclosed the horsepower rating, or the range, of the Pure RWD. I now doubt that I'll get the $7500 tax credit. I am willing to walk away from the $300 if I don't like the direction that Lucid takes the Pure RWD.

The other EV that I have been following is the Hyundai Ioniq 6, which is also not yet available in the US. When it is released in the US in 2023, the current guess at the MSRP is somewhere from ~$45-$60K plus dealer markup. Guesses at the MSRP keep going up over time because of the demand for EVs.

Lucid can take until Q4 2023, and I'll be OK with that for the reasons that @codys21 cites. In fact, Q1 2024 would be OK with me too.

Edits for the tracker: Stellar White, RWD, 19" wheels, Surreal Sound ($4K for SS Pro? - REALLY?!? Is the audio that much better?), Dream Drive ($10K for DD Pro? - No thanks, I'd rather drive myself).

My initial reservation was in May 2022, and I confirmed it by paying Lucid $300 in August. My greatest frustration with Lucid is that they have not disclosed the horsepower rating, or the range, of the Pure RWD. I now doubt that I'll get the $7500 tax credit. I am willing to walk away from the $300 if I don't like the direction that Lucid takes the Pure RWD.

The other EV that I have been following is the Hyundai Ioniq 6, which is also not yet available in the US. When it is released in the US in 2023, the current guess at the MSRP is somewhere from ~$45-$60K plus dealer markup. Guesses at the MSRP keep going up over time because of the demand for EVs.

Lucid can take until Q4 2023, and I'll be OK with that for the reasons that @codys21 cites. In fact, Q1 2024 would be OK with me too.
If you booked before the price increase (I think May 2022 is before), you could add SSPro and DDPro on the old price of 2K (I think) and 9K. I believe the RWD will be around 400-450 but we will have to wait for the official numbers. Each motor is capable of producing around 670 HP so they will just software limit it to some number in the 400's is my guess.

For $2K I expect Joe Bonamassa to serenade me personally from the back seat. For $4K - I expect him, Beth Hart AND the band.

For $2K I expect Joe Bonamassa to serenade me personally from the back seat. For $4K - I expect him, Beth Hart AND the band.
Yea, I think SSP is kind of a joke, really. As far as DDP, it seems the basic version of DD may not even have simple things like adaptive cruise, lane centering, and a 360 surround camera (I could be mistaken on part of these details); all things that are standard on almost every vehicle that's not an econobox nowadays. No doubt a car that starts close to $100k should have all of these standard.

Yea, I think SSP is kind of a joke, really. As far as DDP, it seems the basic version of DD may not even have simple things like adaptive cruise, lane centering, and a 360 surround camera (I could be mistaken on part of these details); all things that are standard on almost every vehicle that's not an econobox nowadays. No doubt a car that starts close to $100k should have all of these standard.
I think the issue is that Lucid has nothing in between for around the $2K to $4K add on when it comes to Driver Assistance. I don't think many cars come with 360 surround camera as standard, even Audi doesn't give you Adaptive Cruise with lane guidance in the Premium version of the A6 etc. you need to go to the Premium Plus to get it. If you want park assist that's a Prestige feature. So while it's seems competitive on the feature set in the base DD it's a tough ask to request $10K for DDP if you don't have interest in the future autonomous features just to get Adaptive Cruise with lane guidance etc.

Given the current Touring (not 100% sure on Pure) is coming with all the hardware fitted there is some room for Lucid to eventually offer something in between and just enabling via software if people aren't willing to foot the bill the DDP. $3K upgrade is an easier pill to swallow than $10K

I think the issue is that Lucid has nothing in between for around the $2K to $4K add on when it comes to Driver Assistance. I don't think many cars come with 360 surround camera as standard, even Audi doesn't give you Adaptive Cruise with lane guidance in the Premium version of the A6 etc. you need to go to the Premium Plus to get it. If you want park assist that's a Prestige feature. So while it's seems competitive on the feature set in the base DD it's a tough ask to request $10K for DDP if you don't have interest in the future autonomous features just to get Adaptive Cruise with lane guidance etc.
Agreed. Now that Lucid is shipping the full hardware package in every car, it seems logical they will eventually break out some of the DDPro features into their own less epensive package. Time will tell.

Agreed. Now that Lucid is shipping the full hardware package in every car, it seems logical they will eventually break out some of the DDPro features into their own less epensive package. Time will tell.

Given the current Touring (not 100% sure on Pure) is coming with all the hardware fitted there is some room for Lucid to eventually offer something in between and just enabling via software if people aren't willing to foot the bill the DDP. $3K upgrade is an easier pill to swallow than $10K
I was very surprised when we bought our old Q7 on how rare the adaptive cruise and lane centering packages were. We looked forever and eventually just ordered one. I think the uptake in the broader industry is actually quite low. That being said, for buyers of high tech electric cars, its become a very common selection. There is a reason super cruise on GMs are only on top models but also is available on the Bolt. Even Rivian's driver assist package is standard, albeit, its really not great, requires mapping and doesn't work that well.
This feels like a miss on Lucid's part to me.

I was very surprised when we bought our old Q7 on how rare the adaptive cruise and lane centering packages were. We looked forever and eventually just ordered one. I think the uptake in the broader industry is actually quite low. That being said, for buyers of high tech electric cars, its become a very common selection. There is a reason super cruise on GMs are only on top models but also is available on the Bolt. Even Rivian's driver assist package is standard, albeit, its really not great, requires mapping and doesn't work that well.
This feels like a miss on Lucid's part to me.
I believe the original plan was to have Highway Assist, at least, be part of standard DD. That changed when the software was completed, likely because the develoeprs felt they could not get lane centering up to the standard they wanted without LiDAR.

Now that all cars have LiDAR, it's possible they will change that decision down the line. The nice bit about doing this all in software is that it can evolve over time. Once they have more compelling features like Traffic Jam assist done, they may open up Highway Assist (or something like it) to non DDPro customers. Hard to say.

I believe the original plan was to have Highway Assist, at least, be part of standard DD. That changed when the software was completed, likely because the develoeprs felt they could not get lane centering up to the standard they wanted without LiDAR.

Now that all cars have LiDAR, it's possible they will change that decision down the line. The nice bit about doing this all in software is that it can evolve over time. Once they have more compelling features like Traffic Jam assist done, they may open up Highway Assist (or something like it) to non DDPro customers. Hard to say.
Thats curious, I've never heard of lane centering needing LiDAR, usually its used for obstacle detection/tracking & classification.
Traffic jam assist would be wonderful for sure, we have that on our X7 and it really makes the commutes much more livable. The highway assist has become a must for me, we do lots of roadtrips and I use it often to combat fatigue when everyone else in the car is sleeping and I'm driving in silence by myself for long stretches.

I emailed my SA and DA about the estimate delivery date for fully loaded Phantom blue Pure. No reply from SA and DA said he doesn't have any information until the VIN assigned. I dont know hwy other DA can provide more info/details but not my DA.My dashboard showed prepare for production almost a month.

It’s just such a weird shape to me. It looks like the car hit some tremendous pothole and the rear sagged as a result.

Thats curious, I've never heard of lane centering needing LiDAR, usually its used for obstacle detection/tracking & classification.
Traffic jam assist would be wonderful for sure, we have that on our X7 and it really makes the commutes much more livable. The highway assist has become a must for me, we do lots of roadtrips and I use it often to combat fatigue when everyone else in the car is sleeping and I'm driving in silence by myself for long stretches.
I have traffic jam assist on my i4, and during a recent 2 1/2 hour torturous ride over the Throgs Neck Bridge, this feature was an absolute life saver.

My experience with Model 3 without FSD, just base autopilot which includes adaptive cruise and lane centering for free, has been a life saver for me as well. Both heavy traffic and long road trips are so much more manageable, especially lane centering. Fingers crossed that Lucid brings back lane centering on standard DD.

Those frunk issues suck; service can fix those, though.

To be clear, it doesn't give you the 'turtle of doom' but it puts you in 'turtle mode' which limits speed/power (presumably so the frunk doesn't fly open at high speeds).

The "doom" you see people refer to is a drivetrain failure or an HV battery failure, which both cause the car to die; these are far more rare, and you may get the 'turtle mode' in otherwise 'normal' circumstances, for example if the frunk is open as you saw. Typically, 'turtle mode' is fixed by a reset.

Not saying it doesn't suck, just clarifying for anyone else reading.
I had the same frunk issue with my touring delivered 12/24/22. Still waiting for service this week. (took 2 weeks to schedule). For me it is even worse, It got stuck and when I pressed the eject button from inside the car, it made a huge noise and the driver side headlight trim came out and the I got the hood paint shipped at the corner. Made me so upset!!!... I hope they can fix it. What upsets me more is it seems that this issue was there before I take delivery and was glued with some form of black glue and they put a blue padding cut piece to avoid friction (no way it came out of the factory this way).

Reservation Date May 21, 2022 / I don't see a confirmation date. I did the reservation at the dealer.
Fathom Blue, Mojave PurLuxe with Alcantara Headliner
20” Aero Lite Wheels
Metal Roof and AWD Drivetrain
Surreal Sound Pro

Got my lucid air pure on December 30. Was out of town a friend picked it up for me .. amazing vehicle !

Back