Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Are we really 100 pages into the GT Tracker thread for a SECOND time? Wow. Time flies.

Ok then that seems to be where the holdup is. I have not had anything sent over and there is no payment portal setup in my lucid acct page. My DA has been really on top of things until these last 3 days….
Look through your Purchase Order very carefully when it comes in. I had to send mine back three times for corrections. The folks were very service-oriented, but I think the long weekend may have distracted them. Each time you send it back, it can delay the process a bit more. I did not use the Portal - my DA provided the account information and I wired funds direct from my Credit Union.

Look through your Purchase Order very carefully when it comes in. I had to send mine back three times for corrections. The folks were very service-oriented, but I think the long weekend may have distracted them. Each time you send it back, it can delay the process a bit more. I did not use the Portal - my DA provided the account information and I wired funds direct from my Credit Union.
Thanks for the heads up. Good to know about being able to wire directly from credit union. That’s what I had planned to do until I heard about a payment portal.

So today I get an email from Lucid financial saying it's time to get started on that.

My order was confirmed on August 3, 2022 and I don't have a VIN.

I emailed my DA but no reply.

I called my contact at Goose Island and he went into his magic database and let me know there is a VIN and the car has been completed and is in AZ waiting for shipment to Goose Island.

It appears that there is a shortage of carriers and he will work with his colleagues in AZ to see about a speedy shipment.

He also said that they are moving the customer delivery process to the Oakbrook store, it appears that with all the cars at Goose Island and all the vehicles being moved about, they are de-risking the delivery process (i.e. trying to avoid folks having their cars crashed into).

He did say he could work it out that I could still do delivery at Goose Island or he would bring the car to me.

This is looking like things are really starting to pick up. It's good to see the lots continuing to fill up which means production ramp up is finally happening

1662677218576.png

rough counting, almost 300 cars in total.

This is looking like things are really starting to pick up. It's good to see the lots continuing to fill up which means production ramp up is finally happening

From what I'm told, just in a few weeks since his arrival, Steve has been able to make a huge difference and addressed many of the challenges on the production lines. Basically squashing tribal warfare & tunnel mindset help to unclog a lot of obstacles - they finally got Autosar running (what is it??).

The run rate is 30-40 cars/day now (compared to 5-15 as last quarter), they could crank up as much as 50-60. The biggest challenge they're facing now is space & distribution logistics. The Arizona plants and most delivery centers are full of cars, and pretty much run out of space. ZERO space is available at the Arizona plant, and everyone is so looking fwd to the plant expansion being completed & put into usage.

Both morale and production capability at the plant see a huge jump lately. Not everyone is happy (especially those who moved up largely based on association with their old bosses who're gone), but line workers are much happier.

Having Peter R at the plant lot of time (instead of on rare occasions as before) also helps a lot. He's a good listener.

Btw, nothing I'm told from Lucid engineer is the company's trade secret. This is generic news. But it's good news.

Btw, the tool line was set up for the solid roof - so yes, P/T will definitely come this year.

Last edited:
From what I'm told, just in a few weeks since his arrival, Steve has been able to make a huge difference and addressed many of the challenges on the production lines. Basically squashing tribal warfare & tunnel mindset help to unclog a lot of obstacles.

The run rate is 30-40 cars/day now (compared to 5-15 as last quarter), they could crank up as much as 50-60. The biggest challenge they're facing now is space & distribution logistics. The Arizona plants and most delivery centers are full of cars, and pretty much run out of space. ZERO space is available at the Arizona plant, and everyone is so looking fwd to the plant expansion being completed & put into usage.

Both morale and production capability at the plant see a huge jump lately. Not everyone is happy (especially those who moved up largely based on association with their old bosses who're gone), but line workers are much happier.

Having Peter R at the plant lot of time (instead of on rare occasions as before) also helps a lot. He's a good listener.

Btw, nothing I'm told from Lucid engineer is the company's trade secret. This is generic news. But it's good news.

Btw, the tool line was set up for the solid roof - so yes, P/T will definitely come this year.
Good to hear! Build another tent, slap a Lucid logo, desk and some fake plants inside and tell people to come pick up the car from Arizona 😂

From what I'm told, just in a few weeks since his arrival, Steve has been able to make a huge difference and addressed many of the challenges on the production lines. Basically squashing tribal warfare & tunnel mindset help to unclog a lot of obstacles - they finally got Autosar running (what is it??).

Steve? Who is Steve? And why should anyone know of him on a first name basis?

Now “Peter”, as in Rawlinson, I know of.

And regrettably, I also know of “EEEHLOHHHN”.

From what I'm told, just in a few weeks since his arrival, Steve has been able to make a huge difference and addressed many of the challenges on the production lines.

I just hope none of the "solutions" include ramrodding production through at the expense of PDI or risking any kind of recall. I'm cautiously optimistic, but find it potentially concerning how quickly they've ramped up.

I just hope none of the "solutions" include ramrodding production through at the expense of PDI or risking any kind of recall. I'm cautiously optimistic, but find it potentially concerning how quickly they've ramped up.
If you read this thread by @Grnr92663 you'll see it really was about removing roadblocks to higher output:

Long time lurker with something to add for the tracker: Quantum grey with tahoe interior GTP ordered 07.12.22, confirmed 07.21.22 and VIN assigned today 09.08.22. My delivery advisor tells me to expect delivery to Massachusetts in approximately 5 weeks.

Long time lurker with something to add for the tracker: Quantum grey with tahoe interior GTP ordered 07.12.22, confirmed 07.21.22 and VIN assigned today 09.08.22. My delivery advisor tells me to expect delivery to Massachusetts in approximately 5 weeks.
Welcome to the site
Where in MA are you (I used to live in Brookline)?
Did you get any preview on registration as some folks here have been mentioning issues with "The Registry" as it is owned. Those folks were such shits im my experience. The DMV folks in IL are from a different planet. When I moved here I went to the DMV to register a car I had shipped from MA and started filling out the form. One of the DMV staff told me to come to his desk. I was like, I am still filling in the form. He was like I will take care of it. In MA they were like what can we find to reject what you are trying to accomplish.

I’m also in MA and would suggest you request they send you the car asap AND the title and go to the registry yourself. I got my car two weeks ago, only 16 days after VIN, which was great. But with the Lucid MA registration process I still don’t have my plates (maybe will arrive this weekend), and looking at the beautiful paperweight in my garage is getting old.

I’m also in MA and would suggest you request they send you the car asap AND the title and go to the registry yourself. I got my car two weeks ago, only 16 days after VIN, which was great. But with the Lucid MA registration process I still don’t have my plates (maybe will arrive this weekend), and looking at the beautiful paperweight in my garage is getting old.
Don't you have a temporary registration?

Thanks for the tip. The DA mentioned MA being slow to so he said he was beginning the registration process today to hopefully time it right.

Do you sneak out at night?

DA Laurence continues to deliver - says my vehicle will arrive this weekend!!

Back