Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I disagree. Until Lucid develops an extensive network of Studios and Service Centers they will have to cover the costs of shipping to homes remotely located from the Service Centers. It would be a big marketing mistake expect buyers to pay a premium of $3000(2-way) for shipping just because Lucid didn't want to build a centrally located Service Center. Will Lucid expect buyers to pay for shipping to the Service Centers for major warranty repairs and routine service? The mobile service trucks will not be able to cover all the service needs.
I paid 1500 dollars for my car to be delivered and thought it was very reasonable.
I got a wonderful lesson from a knowledgeable Lucid stud ( Sophea ) and he drove it to my residence personally .
That’s a huge expense for a new company and they went above and beyond.

I paid 1500 dollars for my car to be delivered and thought it was very reasonable.
I got a wonderful lesson from a knowledgeable Lucid stud ( Sophea ) and he drove it to my residence personally .
That’s a huge expense for a new company and they went above and beyond.
Why did you pay to have it shipped? Did they tell you they wouldn't ship to your home without paying? I've been told I would not have to pay shipping and I live 685 mi. from the Service Center in FL.

Is the 1500 dollars in addition to the standard 1500 delivery fee even if you pick it up at the service center?

Honestly, a Lyft to the studio and driving 2 hrs. home is completely doable. My only complaint is that they promised they would deliver to my home. If you want to establish yourself in the luxury car industry, don’t write checks you can’t cash. That said…I’m very excited to finally experience my own AGT. Sat in one last March before they could offer test drives, but I have been “driving” vicariously ever since. Hope you all know what you’re talking about! (j/k!!)

Now, I understand . No it wasn’t an additional fee. I payed 1500 flat.
So you only paid the $1500 destination fee that everybody pays and is listed on the initial purchase order. Correct? Normally the destination fee is the shipping fee for the factory to dealership, and in the Lucid case, the shipping fee from the factory to the Service center.

So you only paid the $1500 destination fee that everybody pays and is listed on the initial purchase order. Correct? Normally the destination fee is the shipping fee for the factory to dealership, and in the Lucid case, the shipping fee from the factory to the Service center.
I sincerely apologize. I assumed that I was paying a delivery fee ( only knowing my own situation ). So , yes, I only paid 1500 dollars.
There was nothing extra beyond that.
Now I am really impressed with the service I got .😊😊

Last edited:
I sincerely apologize. I assumed that I was paying a delivery fee ( only knowing my own situation ). So , yes, I only paid 1500 dollars.
There was nothing extra beyond that.
Now I am really impressed with the service I got .😊😊
All good. Just needed to get clarification. I am about to get my GT delivered at didn't want to get hit up with a last-minute surprise "surcharge".

All good. Just needed to get clarification. I am about to get my GT delivered at didn't want to get hit up with a last-minute surprise "surcharge".
You will love it. Don’t let misinformed people such as myself ruin the experience for you!!!
I just had mine delivered yesterday. I still can’t believe how awesome of a machine it is. Enjoy !!

Can anyone who has taken delivery of their car help me out ? I was notified via email that my car was in Millbrae on Tuesday morning. I responded great, how do I go about sending the money over so we can schedule a delivery date ? Since Tuesday morning …..CRICKETS. Is this normal ? I’ve emailed a couple of times and have left a couple of voicemails….I’m confused as hell

Did you call the delivery facility directly?

Can anyone who has taken delivery of their car help me out ? I was notified via email that my car was in Millbrae on Tuesday morning. I responded great, how do I go about sending the money over so we can schedule a delivery date ? Since Tuesday morning …..CRICKETS. Is this normal ? I’ve emailed a couple of times and have left a couple of voicemails….I’m confused as hell
Did you log into your Lucid account? There's a payment portal there.

Have they given you the purchase agreement yet? This usually takes a couple of days to sort out and receive via docusign. Once that's sorted you'll receive an email to pay but as @hydbob points out, you pay through the portal using your Lucid Account

Did you log into your Lucid account? There's a payment portal there.
did you receive the email to sign the documents or the email for “invitation to pay”? I was told by my DA that delivery would be prioritized by how quickly those two action items are completed. Call your DA is those have not been received.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they given you the purchase agreement yet? This usually takes a couple of days to sort out and receive via docusign. Once that's sorted you'll receive an email to pay but as @hydbob points out, you pay through the portal using your Lucid Account
Ok then that seems to be where the holdup is. I have not had anything sent over and there is no payment portal setup in my lucid acct page. My DA has been really on top of things until these last 3 days….

Ok then that seems to be where the holdup is. I have not had anything sent over and there is no payment portal setup in my lucid acct page. My DA has been really on top of things until these last 3 days….
It gets handed off to another team. I think my purchase agreement took 3 or 4 days to come over after speaking to my DA. Guessing it's a small team in CA covering all purchases country wide.

Back