Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Lower lot is starting to look a lot emptier now. Hope there's not a slowdown again with getting cars completed

View attachment 4388
Maybe Lucid is running out of car cover after recent sandstorm deteriorated them? 🤔

Confirmed order on June 21, 2022; Exterior Color Quantum Gray; Interior Santa Cruz; 19" Aero Range tires; no VIN yet

Reactions: Joe
My understanding is that he received a cancellation, however its hard to believe that July 7 was the oldest order in the area that could've been matched with....
It's more like July was the oldest reservation in that geographic region since the car was already at the service center.

It's more like July was the oldest reservation in that geographic region since the car was already at the service center.
From my N of 1 experience matching may be ad hoc.

I only learned of 2 GT-P cars being available after multiple attempts to find out about if we are eligible for the IL EV tax rebate and was connected to a person at the Goose Island facility. Now that he know what I would like/accept he will be on the look out for one for me.

My SA didn't offer any follow up so it would be hard to imagine that he would be trying to play the match game but other SAs may be actively engaged in it. Same goes for my DA.

I am happy that the person I spoke with most recently at the Oakbrook store (likely the manager) followed up quickly and put me in tough with the right person.

I visited Goose Island today, super slick lndustrial loft look
Got to see the Mohave and Tahoe interior schemes in person, confirmed that I prefer Tahoe with the contrasts between black and tan
it is warm today and when the Lucid rep opened the car door you could really smell the leather
He said their leather supplier is Bridge of Weir from Scotland, they also supply Aston Martin and McLaren
I was at GI myself today, I bought the center caps and lugnut covers so I can remove the black plastic wheel inserts on the 19" wheels the day I pick the car, much thanks to Mohammad in service at GI.
It's really impressive that Lucid is using the same leather supplier as Aston, when sitting in an Aston you just feel and know you are in a special car.

I asked my guy at Goose Island if there was a slowdown after seeing the most recent Bear's Workshop video. he said no, there haulers were heading his way from AZ.
There were two car haulers parked on Cherry St. when I was there today (11:00 AM) one of the drivers looked like Aaron Paul's- Jesse Pinkman character from Breaking Bad.

There were two car haulers parked on Cherry St. when I was there today (11:00 AM) one of the drivers looked like Aaron Paul's- Jesse Pinkman character from Breaking Bad.
For what these cars cost Petey should be using enclosed carriers

Thanks
All the trailers I have seen in the factory fly over videos were open

Thanks
All the trailers I have seen in the factory fly over videos were open
At least they’re covered pretty well. I see plenty of Tesla haulers with S’s and X’s on them not covered as well as BMW’s.

Hmmm maybe you should check to see if the sound deadening foam inserts inside the Pirelli’s are blue…

Hmmm maybe you should check to see if the sound deadening foam inserts inside the Pirelli’s are blue…
Enlighten me on these foam inserts? I might be back on the northside today to get some Littleneck clams at Dirk's which is just north of GI.

Confirmation date: July 7, 2022, Exterior: White,Interior: Mojave, VIN: August 25,2022, Delivery: August 31, 2022
For the record…This short interval was due to an opportunity to move quickly and pick up a cancellation that was ready for deliver.

They wouldn't let me past the glass wall to get a close look at a red car that was prepped for delivery, so I'm thinking they sure as hell are not going to allow me to take a Sawzall to a new tire 😅

Dirk's is great,
Yes it is!
Did they let you past the glass wall?

They wouldn't let me past the glass wall to get a close look at a red car that was prepped for delivery, so I'm thinking they sure as hell are not going to allow me to take a Sawzall to a new tire 😅

Yes it is!
Did they let you past the glass wall?
Well, if you are ever unfortunate enough to need a tire replacement, Lucid service will show you your busted tire.:p

I was also not allowed into the servicing area (beyond the glass wall).
The company appears to have some policies drummed into the staff's minds.
The GT-P stellar white on mohave that was offered to me was on a lift, so I could not go see it.
They also are not allowed to let you sit an a car allocated to someone else.
They were ok with opening the door of a car with a Tahoe interior that was parked outside to let me get a good look (and smell of the leather).
I am appreciative of having the Goose Island facility and staff near home as a resource.

I was at GI myself today, I bought the center caps and lugnut covers so I can remove the black plastic wheel inserts on the 19" wheels the day I pick the car, much thanks to Mohammad in service at GI.
It's really impressive that Lucid is using the same leather supplier as Aston, when sitting in an Aston you just feel and know you are in a special car.
I had them do this for me before delivery. They charged $120 for the parts but only $3.70 for labor.

Where do you buy the center caps and lugnut covers? I really like the idea of removing the black inserts

Back