Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I had them do this for me before delivery. They charged $120 for the parts but only $3.70 for labor.
How does any company come up with $3.70 for labor, that's amazing in a crazy way 😅 My thoughts with picking up the parts yesterday was to have them on hand when the car is ready (avoid any supply chain issues). When I get the call to pay for the car I will go back to GI and ask them to do the install as I would be pissed if I scratched a wheel removing the plastic 😄

Reactions: NPN
How does any company come up with $3.70 for labor, that's amazing in a crazy way 😅 My thoughts with picking up the parts yesterday was to have them on hand when the car is ready (avoid any supply chain issues). When I get the call to pay for the car I will go back to GI and ask them to do the install as I would be pissed if I scratched a wheel removing the plastic 😄
exactly! I don't know how much they charged you for the parts but wanted you to know that it is likely not worth the hassle of installing yourself>

exactly! I don't know how much they charged you for the parts but wanted you to know that it is likely not worth the hassle of installing yourself>
Probably because when the cars are shipped, they are shipped without the covers inserted. At least that's how it was for the Dream Wheels. So all they are doing is not putting something on and charging you $3.70!!!

Where do you buy the center caps and lugnut covers? I really like the idea of removing the black inserts
I walked into the Goose Island facility in Chicago and told them that I recieved a VIN on Monday and asked if I could make the purchase and they said I could.

What does it signify when I get a scheduled call with a DA from Costa Mesa? I don't have a VIN, and live in Santa Rosa, much closer to Millbrae. To clarify, the scheduled call is her (Ariel, the DA) initiative. My SA has largely been AWOL.

What does it signify when I get a scheduled call with a DA from Costa Mesa? I don't have a VIN, and live in Santa Rosa, much closer to Millbrae. To clarify, the scheduled call is her (Ariel, the DA) initiative. My SA has largely been AWOL.
Good news or bad news, fairly certain it's one of those two options! Also, once you confirm your order, almost everything goes through the DA instead. Previous statement is /s in case anyone thinks I'm crazy.

Good news or bad news, fairly certain it's one of those two options! Also, once you confirm your order, almost everything goes through the DA instead. Previous statement is /s in case anyone thinks I'm crazy.
OK, the reference to an SA was incorrect. He was the "inside DA", with whom I confirmed my order for a Zenith Red GT on 3/29. The recent communication is from Ariel G, a new DA linked to the Costa Mesa center. I have me fingers crossed that this means I will either be getting a VIN, or even better a delivery time window.
What seems odd is that everyone else on this forum seems to get a VIN by email or phone call as the first step toward delivery.

Sorry for the lack of identifiers for the VIN issued today. Red, March 9 Confirmation.

I just took delivery of my Lucid Air GT today at Tysons VA (quantum gray, Mojave, 19” wheels, confirmed 14 Dec 2021, VIN 18 Aug 2021). Amazing comfort, amazing performance, great sound system. User interface seemed overwhelmingly complex at first, but after a few hours use already feels very intuitive. Took me about 30 minutes to get used to the regenerative braking, but I now much prefer it to standard ICE car braking - a greater sense of control. The acceleration even in Smooth is a rush, and I love the way the car corners. Kudos also to my DA for great communication throughout.

I’ve been an avid reader of this forum for nearly a year, and am very grateful for all the insightful posts, as well as the identification of software glitches that have since been fixed.

I just took delivery of my Lucid Air GT today at Tysons VA (quantum gray, Mojave, 19” wheels, confirmed 14 Dec 2021, VIN 18 Aug 2021). Amazing comfort, amazing performance, great sound system. User interface seemed overwhelmingly complex at first, but after a few hours use already feels very intuitive. Took me about 30 minutes to get used to the regenerative braking, but I now much prefer it to standard ICE car braking - a greater sense of control. The acceleration even in Smooth is a rush, and I love the way the car corners. Kudos also to my DA for great communication throughout.

I’ve been an avid reader of this forum for nearly a year, and am very grateful for all the insightful posts, as well as the identification of software glitches that have since been fixed.
Enjoy it in the best of health

My dad confirmed his order with the same specs the same day as me. I received my car several weeks ago but, he hadn’t even received a VIN. His DA was sort of awol, but last week he got a call from a different DA who gave him a VIN. Hopefully that’s what’s going on with yours. He is Zenith Red, which I believe you are getting. Keep us posted.

Back