Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

IMO, wait before you schedule wraps & tints. I think those guys need a firm solid date, and if it is several weeks out, sure.

But if you are scheduling it day after your delivery, that delivery date is *not* set in stone, till it reaches SC, PDI done, financing completed, etc ..

Example: Me.
I thought my car will be ready within a week on reaching SC. But there was a crack that pushed it out by 2 weeks.
And then since I was financing, Lucid told me I needed to wait *upto* 5 days before they get their hands on funds & release the car!!!. (The 5 day window )is supposedly an internal Lucid memo.
I had to push (pun intended) Lucid to release the car, after I proved that ALL funds were transferred & my portal showed up a zero balance.
I went & picked the car from the SC.
I have my vehicle color wrap (not XPEL) scheduled for Monday 29th.

YMMV. G'luck on your delivery.

And don't forget to share pix. No pix. No car. ;-)
Thank you for the heads up. I appreciate all of the input I’ve gotten so far from everyone who’s had to go through the growing pains before the rest of us. Purchasing a new vehicle from a start-up is like entering the unknown.

I will absolutely share photos the moment she returns from the glam squad! I’m sure the detail guys will love that reference. 😉

Thank you for the heads up. I appreciate all of the input I’ve gotten so far from everyone who’s had to go through the growing pains before the rest of us. Purchasing a new vehicle from a start-up is like entering the unknown.

I will absolutely share photos the moment she returns from the glam squad! I’m sure the detail guys will love that reference. 😉
Which service center are you picking up from?

So officially switched to Stellar White, Mojave, 19”. VIN assigned 8/18. Purchase agreement expected later today. I need home delivery which will likely delay things a few days. I’ll post when it’s in the driveway!

So officially switched to Stellar White, Mojave, 19”. VIN assigned 8/18. Purchase agreement expected later today. I need home delivery which will likely delay things a few days. I’ll post when it’s in the driveway!
When did you make the switch? I've been told to expect my VIN in the next couple weeks, so am curious. Congrats!

When did you make the switch? I've been told to expect my VIN in the next couple weeks, so am curious. Congrats!
When was your confirmation? I dont see you on the tracker.

When was your confirmation? I dont see you on the tracker.
I confirmed silver 3/9. Got an offer to switch after telling my DA I needed a car sooner than “Q4 maybe”.
Caught one otherwise identical to my order out of production and wrapping up in Goose Island. Probably a cancellation although that wasn’t stated.

I confirmed silver 3/9. Got an offer to switch after telling my DA I needed a car sooner than “Q4 maybe”.
Glad they were able to make that happen for you. Had asked about taking on a cancellation previously and was told if something becomes available they'd let me know, so we'll see...

Just got a nice call from my DA that my car (GT, quantum gray, Mojave, 19” wheels, confirmed 21 Dec2021, received VIN 18 Aug) has finished production and is now with the logistics team awaiting shipment to Chicago, final destination Tysons VA. This is four days after the call in which I received the VIN and my DA told me the car had just entered final assembly. When I expressed a pleased surprise at the rapid assembly, he commented that things are really ramping up. I hope this portends good news for others who’ve been waiting awhile.

Here’s hoping for a smooth final inspection process. Looking to get Suntek Ultra front end PPF and Ceramic Pro coating. Still haven’t seen a Lucid in the wild yet - not sure how many are in the DC Maryland Northern Virginia area yet.

Just got a nice call from my DA that my car (GT, quantum gray, Mojave, 19” wheels, confirmed 21 Dec2021, received VIN 18 Aug) has finished production and is now with the logistics team awaiting shipment to Chicago, final destination Tysons VA. This is four days after the call in which I received the VIN and my DA told me the car had just entered final assembly. When I expressed a pleased surprise at the rapid assembly, he commented that things are really ramping up. I hope this portends good news for others who’ve been waiting awhile.

Here’s hoping for a smooth final inspection process. Looking to get Suntek Ultra front end PPF and Ceramic Pro coating. Still haven’t seen a Lucid in the wild yet - not sure how many are in the DC Maryland Northern Virginia area yet.
That is fast! It must have been further along the production process than normal when they assigned your VIN. I got my VIN 8/19 so I might be further down the production path as well. Hope all goes well in the inspection process, and you get your delivery fast!

Wow. Got my vin on the 19th for the same configuration. Things seem to be moving faster.

Just checking in, our baby Luci seems to be adjusting to her new home very well. 600 miles so far with no issues, however my wife doesn't like the time it takes to change her clothes (ie: switch profiles). As it has been said before to those that may get frustrated, stay the course, you will not be disappointed. Smooth, fast, comfortable, and she even gives back massages. Glad to see the "Air" under the Stork's wings reaching other neighborhoods deliverying all these beautiful Luci's to their anxious adoptive owners.

It sounds like the deliveries are definitely picking up!

I was momentarily hopeful last night when I received an email from Lucid (Finance) proclaiming "Your Lucid Air delivery is approaching, so if you're planning to finance or lease, it's time to get started".

However, 1) I have indicated to them before that I will not use their financing 2) I would expect to have heard something from my DA if that were actually the case...

More shabby customer communications from Lucid, sadly....

I was momentarily hopeful last night when I received an email from Lucid (Finance) proclaiming "Your Lucid Air delivery is approaching, so if you're planning to finance or lease, it's time to get started".

However, 1) I have indicated to them before that I will not use their financing 2) I would expect to have heard something from my DA if that were actually the case...

You can take it as shabby customer communications but I think the financing email goes to everyone when the car gets close to be completed. I let my DA know that I was paying cash but received the financing email and then a week or so later received a call from my DA that the car would be shipping soon.

You can take it as shabby customer communications but I think the financing email goes to everyone when the car gets close to be completed. I let my DA know that I was paying cash but received the financing email and then a week or so later received a call from my DA that the car would be shipping soon.
I like that timeline stevelitchfieldpark -- I hope it bears out for me as well!

Received the same email today at noon.

Back