Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Lovely post. Thank you. I tried logging into my Lucid app after receiving that financing email and it still says "No car connected yet" or something along those lines?!
They have fixed the bug in the Android app that I had exploited to stalk Luci. As one member put it I got hit with a restraining order. According to the Studio/Service Center manager in Torrance they all enjoyed my stalking but had the app fixed as a result. I guess thet didn't want someone to try to open the Frunk or something, I was very tempted to honk the horn. 😃 I would expect in days your app will start echoing the "Will Arrive Soon" screen.

Ok, purchase agreement done, financing locked down. For those of you who don’t want to dig up those mason jars of cash buried in the backyard…Carolina Coop is still (as of today) offering 2.99% financing for up to 84mo with great credit rating.

Well, we weren't wrong siirrr:cool:
Got the email from my DA today and received my VIN.
Again my confirmation was 3/16/22, Zenith Red, Tahoe
Looks like Lucid batch painted the Reds in the last two weeks, and maybe still painting. You get your VIN as it enters general assembly, right after painting.

I guess the local delivery priority is real.

Love that all of the above people are getting their cars that are basically the same spec as mine, but the fact that I confirmed weeks before they did doesn't seem to matter.

Nothing I can do but grit my teeth and mutter "come on, Lucid".

Also I changed my configuration to red/Tahoe from Grey/Tahoe on June 30th. That seems to have had no effect on my delivery.

You can update the tracker (if that's still being done). The car is officially picked up, and the ride home was surreal. Everything went smoothly.

Build​

Model: Air
Trim: Grand Touring
Color: Grey
Interior: Tahoe

Timeline​

✅ Reservation made: 2021-09-18
✅ Order confirmed: 2021-12-14
✅ VIN assigned: 2022-06-15
✅ Assembly complete: 2022-07-29
✅ Goose Island: 2022-08-16
✅ Pick up: 2022-08-25

image1.jpg
image2.jpg

Has been CD-ROM this forum for many months. So many (Red) VIN assigned recently. I hope mine is close!! For tracker.

Build​

Color: Red
Wheel: 19

Timeline​

✅ Reservation made: 2022-03-07
✅ Order confirmed: 2022-03-31
✅ VIN assigned: Waiting
✅ Assembly complete: Waiting
✅ Millbrae: Waiting
✅ Pick up:
Waiting

Reactions: Joe
Has been CD-ROM this forum for many months. So many (Red) VIN assigned recently. I hope mine is close!! For tracker.

Build​

Color: Red
Wheel: 19

Timeline​

✅ Reservation made: 2022-03-07
✅ Order confirmed: 2022-03-31
✅ VIN assigned: Waiting
✅ Assembly complete: Waiting
✅ Millbrae: Waiting
✅ Pick up:
Waiting
There seems to be many of us in the same boat! Millbrae, Red, Tahoe, 21’s, ordered 4/1/22. Fingers crossed for us all! I see a meet and greet for the Bay Area in the future!

Just received a third call from my DA in just under a week. Fri 18 Aug, received VIN, car entering final assembly (AGT, quantum gray, Mojave, 19” wheels, confirmed 15 Dec 2021). Tues 23 Aug, car finished and awaiting shipment. Thurs 25 Aug, car just arrived Goose Island, awaiting inspection. I was told that upon passing inspection (knock wood), there might be a few days delay in shipping onward to Tysons VA as they wait for other cars to be ready for a consolidated shipment. Very pleased at both the rapidity and comms from Lucid. Here’s hoping that others who’ve been waiting awhile have a similar experience - judging from other recent posts in this thread, seems like things are indeed ramping up.

I also asked for any update on availability of the Lucid Connected Home Charger, was told an announcement that it was available was still expected as early as the end of this month. No waiting list to be put on, but the DA implied that priority might go to those who’ve already had a car delivered.

Back