Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I just received a box of pencils from Lucid! Anyone else received goody bags from Lucid prior to delivery?
It's a nice box of pencils, but between keyrings, mugs, hats, hoodies and everything else they could send to their customers ... A box of pencils? 🤪 I mean if I was a designer of some sort or had held a pencil in my hand in the past ten years, I would have been excited, but I just chuckled when I opened the box

Attachments

• IMG_20220827_183124.jpg
    IMG_20220827_183124.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20220827_183024.jpg
    IMG_20220827_183024.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 116
I just received a box of pencils from Lucid! Anyone else received goody bags from Lucid prior to delivery?
It's a nice box of pencils, but between keyrings, mugs, hats, hoodies and everything else they could send to their customers ... A box of pencils? 🤪 I mean if I was a designer of some sort or had held a pencil in my hand in the past ten years, I would have been excited, but I just chuckled when I opened the box
I'm still pissed that I did not get my box of pencils. This was a thing earlier this year with multiple GT owners (and Dream owners) getting these pencils. I did not. On the plus side, I have a GT that does not need to be reset often. Yes, I've had my share of glitches but things mostly work as they are supposed to.

Yet most of us will just write our shopping lists or doddle with them
I want to get my fancy shmansy Lucid pencils so I can then re-gift them to someone in my family with a real creative bent. I already have someone in mind.

I guess even pencils has supply chain issue… 🤔

FYI..those pencils have a list price of ~$160. Artists love em.
Are they? Closest thing I could find on Blackwing website was this:

But that was also kind of my point, paying a pretty penny for a gift that probably 1% of your customers truly appreciate ... I don't know ... I'm not complaining ;) But it's a curious decision.

It's the kind of thing that if you don't receive it, you are pissed, if you do, you would go " Hmm, interesting ..."

P.S. For people who really want to have this, seems like you can buy them on eBay for $20:

Are they? Closest thing I could find on Blackwing website was this:

But that was also kind of my point, paying a pretty penny for a gift that probably 1% of your customers truly appreciate ... I don't know ... I'm not complaining ;) But it's a curious decision.

It's the kind of thing that if you don't receive it, you are pissed, if you do, you would go " Hmm, interesting ..."

P.S. For people who really want to have this, seems like you can buy them on eBay for $20:
Yes, $20….for one pencil! There are 12 in a box…

I have to say, initially when I got this box with pencils shortly after my order confirmation, my first reaction was that “I think I’ve made a mistake buying a Lucid.” If a company clearly says that they’re all about design and quality materials, what they themselves call sleek “post luxury,” getting a cardboard box with some crinkle paper and a box of pencils that don’t really mean anything to the recipient (even if they are expensive) because no one on this planet knows what Blackwing is, shows me I can’t trust them to get the car right either. The unboxing experience could have been an awesome opportunity for Lucid to really generate excitement while we all wait for our cars, instead they really made me question my choice.
I kept the reservation as at the end of the day, I think we’re all more fans than true customers (similar to what Tesla had early on) and I want to see Lucid succeed. But I think they need to improve a lot in the image department and that includes the pencils and their ability to communicate with their customers which so far has been less than stellar.

I have always loved Blackwing pencils. I am part of the 1% who do. [Full disclosure: I am paid to play with Magic Markers for a living.]

I received two shipments of a dozen pencils [about two weeks apart] some months ago. I now have enough to last my lifetime while I await my VIN [order confirmed March 9]. I also appreciate the sketch that accompanied the pencils and understand the thought behind the sending the pencils.

The gesture was a gift and I am not put-off by it but to Akula's point, unfortunately I too am a fan rather than a customer. That is only off-putting given the lack of any communication to me about the delay of game.

For what it is worth, I received a beautiful carbon fiber fountain pen from a German car maker after the delivery of their automobile. [It took nine months to deliver - but there was communication along the way.] The dried-up ink right out of the box rendered the otherwise beautiful pen just a nice gesture as well. I think LUCID wins this gift comparison as the Blackwings are functional out of the box for their intended purpose.

Holding my breath that I will be one of the lucky ones who will end up with an auto that functions as intended. In the meantime I am happy to sit back and doodle with a pencil while I wait for that to occur.

Confirmed Zenith Red, Mojave, 19" wheels on 4/19/22. Got my VIN 8/26.
I am trying to change to Tahoe which may delay delivery a bit which at this point in time, I really do not care much anymore. I just want to get the config that I really want.
Did anyone lease their car from Lucid/BofA? The numbers do not make sense to me.

I am trying to change to Tahoe which may delay delivery a bit which at this point in time, I really do not care much anymore. I just want to get the config that I really want.
Did anyone lease their car from Lucid/BofA? The numbers do not make sense to me.
Wtf. I have the exact same configuration confirmed before you and I have no VIN. And I’m paying cash.

Wtf. I have the exact same configuration confirmed before you and I have no VIN. And I’m paying cash.
This could be a logistics issue with too many cars slated to go through Goose Island so they are choosing people where the car will go through a service center that isn't as full. Of course, that goes out the window if @Chiquita is also going through Goose Island. There are other instances in the tracker where several people are skipped over and the guess has been that it is related to what service center is getting the car. Whether it is proximity to the factory or capacity issues at the service center, it does seem to be a factor in choosing who gets a VIN.

No reason to be angry. Cars are not delivered in linear order like an Amazon Prime package... there are tons of logistics (trucker and freight transport, paperwork, taxes, registration, etc) that go into shipment that are better done in groupings instead of individually.

Confirmed the same config on 3/2/22 -- still no VIN....

But at least I got my pencils :rolleyes:

For additional data: I received my delivery in OH on Aug. 18 and I know they did at least another OH delivery about 45 mins away on the same day.

Back