Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Received Vin # today, Zenith Red, Santa Cruz, Order confirmed 03/23/2022
My guess is you will hear happy news in September. Once they issued VIN, those zenith red comes out like Big Mac seems faster than other colors.

My guess is you will hear happy news in September. Once they issued VIN, those zenith red comes out like Big Mac seems faster than other colors.
I talked to my new DA today who shared that my car is supposedly set for production in late September. She then said it would be about four weeks in production, then another three weeks before it made it to the Costa Mesa center. If any of that holds true, I’m looking at possible delivery in late October-November. The wait continues……

I talked to my new DA today who shared that my car is supposedly set for production in late September. She then said it would be about four weeks in production, then another three weeks before it made it to the Costa Mesa center. If any of that holds true, I’m looking at possible delivery in late October-November. The wait continues……
I was told the same in March, but in 20 days it arrived. They usually give worst case scenario.

Guys - I too just got that "Apply now for financing through Lucid" email today, an hour ago stating my delivery is approaching faster! No VIN# yet. MY DA is out of the office today, but I will send an email to him.
Zenith Red, Tahoe, Order confirmed 03/23/2022

Guys - I too just got that "Apply now for financing through Lucid" email today, an hour ago stating my delivery is approaching faster! No VIN# yet. MY DA is out of the office today, but I will send an email to him.
My Zenith Red order was confirmed in mid-April, so hopefully I am just a month behind you.

Hmm, now that's starting to look like a trend. same configuration for me, confirmed March 16th.

Tracking you. As you well know, we both confirmed at around about the same time.

You can take it as shabby customer communications but I think the financing email goes to everyone when the car gets close to be completed. I let my DA know that I was paying cash but received the financing email and then a week or so later received a call from my DA that the car would be shipping soon.
Agreed. I got my "Apply for Financing" email on 7/21 and since I was able to track Luci at the time it appeared she was already built and sitting in the wrapped cars lot. She got on a truck to her new home on 7/28. So not to get your hopes up to high for those receiving this email but it does really mean your Air is approaching adoption pretty soon.

When I asked my DA about the "Apply for Financing" email he said don't worry, I promise I will tell you when its time to get financing in order. Well if you followed my posts at the time, had I listened to him my adoption would have been delayed by several days as when he finally did call me, our Luci had already completed her health checks (PDI) and was simply waiting to be paid for. Since I already knew she was at the service center (remember I was stalking her), I had already arranged my wire funds and my loan so when my DA did call I was in a position to say "send my adoption paperwork now". That was completed the next day and almost instantly after (within a hour) I got a call to schedule delivery which I did for the very next day.

Just FYI, my credit union (Kinecta) had pre-approved the loan and once I sent them the final adoption papers (Purchase Contract) I was able to pick up a check in a couple of hours.

Agreed. I got my "Apply for Financing" email on 7/21 and since I was able to track Luci at the time it appeared she was already built and sitting in the wrapped cars lot. She got on a truck to her new home on 7/28. So not to get your hopes up to high for those receiving this email but it does really mean your Air is approaching adoption pretty soon.

When I asked my DA about the "Apply for Financing" email he said don't worry, I promise I will tell you when its time to get financing in order. Well if you followed my posts at the time, had I listened to him my adoption would have been delayed by several days as when he finally did call me, our Luci had already completed her health checks (PDI) and was simply waiting to be paid for. Since I already knew she was at the service center (remember I was stalking her), I had already arranged my wire funds and my loan so when my DA did call I was in a position to say "send my adoption paperwork now". That was completed the next day and almost instantly after (within a hour) I got a call to schedule delivery which I did for the very next day.

Just FYI, my credit union (Kinecta) had pre-approved the loan and once I sent them the final adoption papers (Purchase Contract) I was able to pick up a check in a couple of hours.
Lovely post. Thank you. I tried logging into my Lucid app after receiving that financing email and it still says "No car connected yet" or something along those lines?!

DA told me 3-6 week for Build, then whatever it takes for prep, transport and deliver, I expect late October delivery, he will update when car is built for further news

My Zenith Red order was confirmed in mid-April, so hopefully I am just a month behind you.
Looks like they have been ramping up production, Hope they start clearing waiting list for GT and start making lower priced models, they still need one more model with lower price in order to get mass market

Haha yes that's the dilemma I'm in right now. I definitely want a Lucid Air - just a question of the trim. Like you mentioned, I have this feeling that If I took delivery of my GT P, I would have this bitter feeling that Lucid is coming up with a new trim most of the things that I wanted checked off - even though it could be 1-2 years away. I would imagine some of the lucky Dream Edition owners having a similar thought with Sapphire. Right now I'm wondering if I should eat the cost of depreciation (and the potential bite of luxury tax) and take delivery of the car potentially within the next 10 days, or to just wait for Sapphire and get that. I'm not too sure what the used market will look like in a year, especially for the GT P which isn't a limited production trim.
why not lease the GT-P for 2 years

Reserved in Dec'21, Confirmed in Mar'22, getting delivery this week.
Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 21"
I picked up my car yesterday (VIN got assigned in June) and i love it. Still have to go through the entire functions in the car, but drive has been absolute pleasure.

Looks like they have been ramping up production, Hope they start clearing waiting list for GT and start making lower priced models, they still need one more model with lower price in order to get mass market
Agreed but they are years away from being a mass market player
The first SUV will help a lot but it will be another large size expensive vehicle
Hopefully Petey will do a Model Y type vehicle prior to a Model 3 type, then sales will be huge

After around 7 weeks of VIN assignment, finally got my delivery of Lucid! Amazing and a very fast car - have received a lot of compliments already! It took them over two weeks to ship and detail the car after it was built, but even after that it was loaded with dust and dirt everywhere, took a while to clean it up myself. Minor issues with finishing inside but exterior is gorgeous!! Hoping to get their charger released soon!

Attachments

• DSC00051111.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 125
Back