Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

After dinner tonight I decided to go check out the Goose Island facility.
Turns out it is like a minute from the Lexus and Acura facilities I use for the NSX and LC 500 Convertible respectively.
They had about 10 Airs waiting for delivery out front and a DE with Conn plates (wonder why)
Our son noted it was strange that they had all this high value inventory sitting out unprotected (no fence, no nothing).
The upside message is they are clearly pumping out some cars and getting them to customers.

I bet it’s a replacement for that one that caught on fire from that transporter… https://www.lucidinsider.com/2022/04/24/lucid-air-catches-on-fire-over-over-again-until-it-melts/

I got my Gray GT on Aug 2ond and drove it back from Scottsdale to San Diego. I started w/ a full charge and only got to Yuma and had 23% left to get to San Diego, I knew that would not work so go lucky and found a supercharger and got a 50% charge in 35 min. I love the car, truly amazing.
Was notified they are coming out w/ the Sapphire 1300 HP version coming out next year. I 0,000think they are getting carried away w/ pricing, $250,000 is a number that is ridiculous. The new Tesla sports car
is much cheaper and just as fast, $75,000 over the Dream addition is a real stretch. Can't wait to see how many of these they sell.

DA called this morning. Our car left the factory Friday, should arrive at their Florida facility today. Might receive the car here in Tennessee next week! We shall see. Grey, Mojave, 19”, confirmed March 2, VIN August 9.

Took deliver today
39F0D191-FE60-49A5-A762-A2F875352929.jpeg

As we approach September, we are in shouting distance of Q4. I have a 5/10 confirm date including 21's with a quoted range of 2-5 months. With the 20" wheel stated to be available in Q4, I called the Delivery Line to inquire about switching to 20's if my delivery doesn't take place in the next 5 weeks. I was told that they will begin to "acknowledge" orders with 20's in Q4 but would more than likely not be available right away.

Also, and more importantly, once you get your VIN, any changes will lose the original pricing and move you into the new, higher quoted prices. I thought that was a bit harsh, but, I guess that means I am sticking with the 21s. The only positive was that he said my VIN should be in the next couple of weeks. YEAH!!! (not holding breath though)

It might be because Goose Island is the closest FULL service center to CT. I, unfortunately, have personal experience in this situation.
A crazy piece of Lucid trivia

DA called this morning. Our car left the factory Friday, should arrive at their Florida facility today. Might receive the car here in Tennessee next week! We shall see. Grey, Mojave, 19”, confirmed March 2, VIN August 9.
13 days from VIN to leaving the factory - quick!

...With the 20" wheel stated to be available in Q4, I called the Delivery Line to inquire about switching to 20's if my delivery doesn't take place in the next 5 weeks. I was told that they will begin to "acknowledge" orders with 20's in Q4 but would more than likely not be available right away...
I did the same, and it sounded like changing back to the 20's could push my car into early 2023. So I stuck with the 19's but am constantly second-guessing this decision.

Also, and more importantly, once you get your VIN, any changes will lose the original pricing and move you into the new, higher quoted prices. I thought that was a bit harsh, but, I guess that means I am sticking with the 21s. The only positive was that he said my VIN should be in the next couple of weeks. YEAH!!! (not holding breath though)
I haven't received a VIN yet on my Zenith Red GT and when I spoke to my DA they said I could only change my wheels. Other changes required authorization and could result in a change in the price (I am in on the 139k as well as I confirmed in March). I didn't really push it too much because it was a matter of maybe changing my interior color from Mojave to Santa Cruz, and I am so indecisive about it I figured I would stick with Mojave, but its frustrating they cant keep their messaging straight.

Where in TN are you from? I grew up in Chattanooga. I wonder if you’re one of the first Lucid owners in TN.

As we approach September, we are in shouting distance of Q4. I have a 5/10 confirm date including 21's with a quoted range of 2-5 months. With the 20" wheel stated to be available in Q4, I called the Delivery Line to inquire about switching to 20's if my delivery doesn't take place in the next 5 weeks. I was told that they will begin to "acknowledge" orders with 20's in Q4 but would more than likely not be available right away.

I had confirmed a GT on June 1st with 21 wheels and was contemplating this exact same thing about switching to 20 inch wheels. I haven't received my VIN yet -- but it sounds like if I switched to the 20 inch wheels there is a chance that I might miss delivery by the end of the year -- which may make claiming the $7500 tax credit more difficult? I'm less concerned with range and more about wheel/tire damage after reading some posts - but not sure if that represents just a small portion of those who have the 21 in wheels?

Reservation: December 31, 2021
Order Confirmation: Mar 2, 2022
VIN: August 11, 2022
Interior: Mojave
Exterior: Quantum Grey with 21 Aero wheels

I just received an email from the DA today that the "vehicle has completed production, and is being prepped for shipment from our factory to Seattle for its final inspection before delivery". I hope it doesn't take long for shipment and inspection to get done. :)

Reservation: December 31, 2021
Order Confirmation: Mar 2, 2022
VIN: August 11, 2022
Interior: Mojave
Exterior: Quantum Grey with 21 Aero wheels

I just received an email from the DA today that the "vehicle has completed production, and is being prepped for shipment from our factory to Seattle for its final inspection before delivery". I hope it doesn't take long for shipment and inspection to get done. :)
Have you paid for it yet, and when does that happen? Thanks.

The new Tesla sports car
is much cheaper and just as fast,

The Tesla Roadster that is quoted as being just as fast is the 2 seater with SpaceX package at $250k.

The base 2+2 is $200k. That was not quoted at 1.9 0-60.

Those prices were pre-pandemic.

Pricing will almost certainly change. Maybe specifications as well.

I was told today that my car has left the factory and a purchase agreement will be sent in 1-2 days. I’m guessing now is the time to start scheduling wraps/tint?
I’d wait until you’re told the vehicle is leaving the service center unless you’re going to pick it up and have been given a clear date window when they’ll have the vehicle ready.

I was told today that my car has left the factory and a purchase agreement will be sent in 1-2 days. I’m guessing now is the time to start scheduling wraps/tint?
IMO, wait before you schedule wraps & tints. I think those guys need a firm solid date, and if it is several weeks out, sure.

But if you are scheduling it day after your delivery, that delivery date is *not* set in stone, till it reaches SC, PDI done, financing completed, etc ..

Example: Me.
I thought my car will be ready within a week on reaching SC. But there was a crack that pushed it out by 2 weeks.
And then since I was financing, Lucid told me I needed to wait *upto* 5 days before they get their hands on funds & release the car!!!. (The 5 day window )is supposedly an internal Lucid memo.
I had to push (pun intended) Lucid to release the car, after I proved that ALL funds were transferred & my portal showed up a zero balance.
I went & picked the car from the SC.
I have my vehicle color wrap (not XPEL) scheduled for Monday 29th.

YMMV. G'luck on your delivery.

And don't forget to share pix. No pix. No car. ;-)

Back