Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

My car is on the east coast at Riviera Beach. It has been there for over 10 days. It was done with PDI and ready to be shipped a week ago. The earliest they could arrange transport was tomorrow from Riviera Beach to Charlotte. They are troubleshooting it now, but will have to find another transport once they have resolved the issues.
And they are just now finding this out? It went through enhanced PDI at Casa Grande. I would have thought they would charge it before it left. (BTW, still cant get charging and battery history on my car before delivery, it’s proprietary).

And they are just now finding this out? It went through enhanced PDI at Casa Grande. I would have thought they would charge it before it left. (BTW, still cant get charging and battery history on my car before delivery, it’s proprietary).
Yes, you would have thought so, but I guess that makes too much sense. Time for an enhancement to the "enhanced PDI"???? It might be a good idea to plug the car in before asking for payment going forward. The Delivery Rep said they were diagnosing it as we were speaking and that was around 1pm est today. We had originally talked last Tuesday about delivery and he said at that time he thought it would be difficult to make the end of the week and he finally called back with tomorrow as the date. I wonder if we are at the same point now, meaning that it will be another week at the very least before they can arrange delivery after the car clears whatever level of inspection it now has to clear and be detailed once again. The journey just continues on with its' "uniqueness".

Yes, you would have thought so, but I guess that makes too much sense. Time for an enhancement to the "enhanced PDI"???? It might be a good idea to plug the car in before asking for payment going forward. The Delivery Rep said they were diagnosing it as we were speaking and that was around 1pm est today. We had originally talked last Tuesday about delivery and he said at that time he thought it would be difficult to make the end of the week and he finally called back with tomorrow as the date. I wonder if we are at the same point now, meaning that it will be another week at the very least before they can arrange delivery after the car clears whatever level of inspection it now has to clear and be detailed once again. The journey just continues on with its' "uniqueness".

Well, I don't put much input into this forum but it has been very educational nonetheless.
I hadn't heard from my rep for eons then all of a sudden I get an email stating if I don't reply the same day that my order(GT) is canceled. I called and the rep attributed it to some error. Nevertheless, he tells me the car is ready for delivery and then, all of sudden, I get a flurry of emails to sign documents and give them money, being told that I have 5 days to get things done. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Then on top of things, I tried to nail him down about ApplePlay and XM radio. Amazing that he couldn't give me any information but did say that an "engineer" told him that XM was not possible and he went into some nebulous detail that didn't make sense.
Spending $150K for a car and not being able to kick the tires, so to speak, before putting down a ton of money seems foolish to me, to begin with.
Secondly, reading of all of the issues owners are having with tire bubbles/blowouts that are not being covered, and the myriad of UI problems, has giving me buyers regret to the max. I'm sort of at a loss how so many seem to accept the problems and write things off as the side affects of being an early adopter.
I've driven my poor Chevy Volt into the ground and although not a great fan of the American car, I must say that that puppy has been great. Navigation/XM etc all have worked flawlessly after 140,000 miles.
It has been a 3 year journey for me waiting for this and I just don't have the confidence that it will be worth it. I think that if Lucid as a whole was more responsive and candid about things, I would feel much more comfortable.

Well, I don't put much input into this forum but it has been very educational nonetheless.
I hadn't heard from my rep for eons then all of a sudden I get an email stating if I don't reply the same day that my order(GT) is canceled. I called and the rep attributed it to some error. Nevertheless, he tells me the car is ready for delivery and then, all of sudden, I get a flurry of emails to sign documents and give them money, being told that I have 5 days to get things done. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Then on top of things, I tried to nail him down about ApplePlay and XM radio. Amazing that he couldn't give me any information but did say that an "engineer" told him that XM was not possible and he went into some nebulous detail that didn't make sense.
Spending $150K for a car and not being able to kick the tires, so to speak, before putting down a ton of money seems foolish to me, to begin with.
Secondly, reading of all of the issues owners are having with tire bubbles/blowouts that are not being covered, and the myriad of UI problems, has giving me buyers regret to the max. I'm sort of at a loss how so many seem to accept the problems and write things off as the side affects of being an early adopter.
I've driven my poor Chevy Volt into the ground and although not a great fan of the American car, I must say that that puppy has been great. Navigation/XM etc all have worked flawlessly after 140,000 miles.
It has been a 3 year journey for me waiting for this and I just don't have the confidence that it will be worth it. I think that if Lucid as a whole was more responsive and candid about things, I would feel much more comfortable.
That is weird. May I ask what color combo you ordered, when you ordered it officially (not reserved) and I guess you had no idea when you received a VIN?

Quantum Grey with Tahoe interior.
After a while, I simply stopped trying to contact my rep. He wasn't always responsive and really never was able to furnish me with much new information.
So, I simply decided to sit tight and wait things out.
I just expected, and still expect, a certain concierge approach. I mean, it's not like I'm buying a Yugo.

Like @rbbarry said something slipped up here. Throughout all our deliveries posted, this feels like the first time anyone got invited to pay without a VIN/cancellation? Anywho, the bubbles/blowouts are not happening randomly. They are occurring on low profile tires driven on crappy roads and/or after hitting potholes. They seem to occur at a higher clip compared to other tires, but I would not let this detract from purchase the car as this has nothing to do with Lucid themselves (even though they chose to go with Pirelli). UI issues you will discover are on a base by case basis and a personal issue for many depending on your expectation, normal usage, etc. My assumption is that you've been on a test drive, so you should already have a feel for how the car feels, handles, and functions.

After a while, I simply stopped trying to contact my rep. He wasn't always responsive and really never was able to furnish me with much new information.
I just expected, and still expect, a certain concierge approach. I mean, it's not like I'm buying a Yugo.
This is not typical of what we've seen here but there are always outliers. Sorry, you are going through this.

This forum is great agreed. But, it also is a soap box for people to complain. I have brought a couple issues on here myself. However, this car is definitely worth it once you are piloting it. To each their own, but the driving experience for me far outweighs anything software related. It has never behaved in a way that isn’t car-like while driving. Or in a dangerous way. At its core, it is a wonderful driving machine. Have faith in a company that wants to be successful that the small stuff will fall into place. Signed, a very happy GT owner and car enthusiast

That must certainly be frustrating. But then, look on the bright side. You’re finally getting your car.

I would be delighted if my rep called me out of the blue to say my silver AGT was ready. I was prepared for Q3 availability due to my color choice, but there are now rumors of Q4 and I was just informed that Victoria will be replacing Leo as my new rep. He hadn’t mentioned leaving the company, but also hadn’t responded to my last few emails. I emailed Victoria with a question or two but she hasn’t responded either.

I agree with previous posts…if you can’t give out certain info, then don’t. But at least have the courtesy of replying.

Ok, deep breath….better!

I have been frustrated with the lack of communication by the DAs as you described. Unlike you, I didn't stop contacting just to sit back and wait. Was trying to get specifics about what was happening. They generally responded, but were short on the specifics. Nonetheless, even with me contacting them, your experience about “the car is ready” is eerily familiar to mine. Since I kept in touch, I was told on a Monday that my car has finally completed the enhanced PDI at the factory and would be shipped “in the coming days.” My DA said he would tell me when it shipped. On Wednesday, I get an email, NOT that it had shipped, but that it was already at the Delivery center and awaiting inspection. Two hours later I got a call saying it was ready and to bring a cashiers check. It was very rush, rush. I thought it was because it was June 29th and they wanted to make the quarter numbers. I told him that if he had just communicated better, I could have had everything ready. However, I had to get the cash and insurance binder, both of which would take time (in particular liquidating the cash). With the upcoming 3-day holiday weekend, it would obviously take longer. They ended up scheduling me to pick up the car 8 days later. Again, communication has not been their strong suit.

However, you will love the car when you get it. She drives smooth, is quiet, handles great, and is very comfortable. To top it off, the girl is built to run and loves it when you let her go!

PS. I have not been bothered by the software at all. No glitches to this point (knock on wood).

Victoria will be replacing Leo as my new rep. He hadn’t mentioned leaving the company, but also hadn’t responded to my last few emails. I emailed Victoria with a question or two but she hasn’t responded either.
Fyi, Victoria is great if you schedule time on her calender to touch base. She is not very reponsive to emails.

PS. I have not been bothered by the software at all. No glitches to this point (knock on wood).
This right here alone should warn future owners that emotion and frustration can sometimes present things worse than what they appear. Yes, the software has quirks but it's by no means "the sky is falling" moment. I think the dream owners had it way worse than GT owners but overall i'm impressed with what Lucid has delivered. building a car from the ground up is no mean feat when competitors have decades of experience so Lucid does need to be given some credit for what it's been able to achieve. Am I giving them a free pass on the software issues? no, but I don't think it's ever been at a point where it's made me regret buying the car.

Lucid's problem from day 1 has been communication and even after months and months of people complaining on here it still doesn't seem to have gotten any better. As others have stated, the post sales service is a much better experience than pre sales so they work opposite to traditional car dealers. They'll lie their asses off to get the sale and post sale they don't give a damn about you. At least with Lucid, if you're not happy with the communication pre sale everyone has the freedom to walk away but post sale i've been extremely happy with the responses i've received from them. There's alway pros and cons to everything.

This right here alone should warn future owners that emotion and frustration can sometimes present things worse than what they appear. Yes, the software has quirks but it's by no means "the sky is falling" moment. I think the dream owners had it way worse than GT owners but overall i'm impressed with what Lucid has delivered. building a car from the ground up is no mean feat when competitors have decades of experience so Lucid does need to be given some credit for what it's been able to achieve. Am I giving them a free pass on the software issues? no, but I don't think it's ever been at a point where it's made me regret buying the car.

Lucid's problem from day 1 has been communication and even after months and months of people complaining on here it still doesn't seem to have gotten any better. As others have stated, the post sales service is a much better experience than pre sales so they work opposite to traditional car dealers. They'll lie their asses off to get the sale and post sale they don't give a damn about you. At least with Lucid, if you're not happy with the communication pre sale everyone has the freedom to walk away but post sale i've been extremely happy with the responses i've received from them. There's alway pros and cons to everything.
Even though Lucid says they monitor this board, it does seem that a couple months ago they were giving more info on the status of the cars but now they're not giving any info but generalties - not good!

Even though Lucid says they monitor this board, it does seem that a couple months ago they were giving more info on the status of the cars but now they're not giving any info but generalties - not good!
Probably because they are monitoring the board...

Please reply with your Confirmation Date, Exterior/Interior Color, and VIN/Delivery dates if you have them to be added to the tracker.

Delays:

OptionIn Production?
Santa Cruz interior✅
Grey exterior color✅
Silver exterior colorDelayed till June/July (via two source)
20" Aero Lite WheelsDelayed till end of year (via one source)
Home Charging StationDelayed till Q3 (via many sources)

User tracker (by color): PERFORMANCE EDITIONS DENOTED WITH (*), VOLUNTARILY MOVED BACK IN QUEUE (**)

Confirmation DateColorInteriorUserVIN AssignmentDelivery Date
January 5, 2022BlackMojave@lawtechMay 10, 2022
March 1, 2022BlackSanta Cruz@BauerApril 30, 2022July 9, 2022
March 9, 2022BlackMojave@ddruker
March 9, 2022BlackMojave@LuciPearlJuly 5, 2022
March 15, 2022BlackMojave@BockiusMay 27, 2022
March 29, 2022BlackTahoe@Whatchagot
April 19, 2022BlackSanta Cruz@Pwmac
May 3, 2022BlackTahoe@Andromeda
May 10, 2022BlackMojave@Thinjake
May 20, 2022BlackTahoe@maxwang
June 17, 2022BlackTahoe@zebulondanny

November 2, 2021GreyMojave@beancounterApril 20, 2022
November 2, 2021GreySanta Cruz@RussApril 21, 2022
November 2, 2021GreyTahoe@histalApril 27, 2022
November 16, 2021GreySanta Cruz@GulliverMay 5, 2022
November 16, 2021GreyMojave@CLTGTApril 28, 2022
November 16, 2021GreyMojave@Bruce Browne*May 11, 2022
November 30, 2021GreySanta Cruz@Gavin88May 10, 2022
November 30, 2021GreySanta Cruz@SandvinsdApril 26, 2022July 8, 2022
November 30, 2021GreySanta Cruz@OrangeMay 5, 2022
November 30, 2021GreyTahoe@BalinMay 13, 2022
November 30, 2021GreyTahoe@King510May 10, 2022
November 30, 2021GreyMojave@Smith1959May 13, 2022
December 1, 2021GreyMojave@JimKJune 16, 2022
December 1, 2021GreyMojave@Burydav
December 1, 2021GreyTahoe@LRSIIIJuly 1, 2022
December 1, 2021GreyTahoe@oldnick25June 15, 2022
December 1, 2021GreySanta Cruz@PFM
December 1, 2021GreySanta Cruz@gregvJune 13, 2022
December 14, 2021GreyMojave@ingwithstingMay 4, 2022
January 5, 2022GreySanta Cruz@MtnSloGuy
January 5, 2022GreySanta Cruz@cplewes
January 5, 2022GreyTahoe@DevTechJuly 11, 2022
February 15, 2022GreySanta Cruz@TCGT
February 28, 2022GreyMojave@EVhou
March 1, 2022GreyTahoe@Wolfman
March 1, 2022GreyMojave@dwhumphrey
March 2, 2022GreySanta Cruz@CaptainLysol
March 2, 2022GreyMojave@Phil
March 9, 2022GreyMojave@Boomer AZ
March 9, 2022GreyMojave@steveairgt
March 23, 2022GreyTahoe@rbbarry
March 23, 2022GreyTahoe@allens
March 24, 2022GreyTahoe@Capt1derlich
March 29, 2022GreyMojave@Casadeagumar
March 29, 2022GreyMojave@crazzy
March 29, 2022GreyMojave@Minnesota Mike
March 29, 2022GreyMojave@riverstrand
April 1, 2022GreySanta Cruz@Ybor
April 9, 2022GreyMojave@yosh1993
April 11, 2022GreyTahoe@Navy06
April 13, 2022GreyTahoe@Knolly
April 13, 2022GreySanta Cruz@adrenalain
April 13, 2022GreySanta Cruz@windscar911
April 20, 2022GreySanta Cruz@pravaasi
April 21, 2022GreyTahoe@LucidRider
April 23, 2022GreyTahoe@TonyD
April 29, 2022GreySanta Cruz@Amgz
May 8, 2022GreyTahoe@martinmeyer
May 28, 2022GreyTahoe@Bobby
June 7, 2022GreyMojave@LucidDropkick
June 13, 2022GreyTahoe@skywaterbanjo
June 13, 2022GreyTahoe@SubSailor
June 30, 2022GreyTahoe@fischman
July 5, 2022GreyMojave@sean1doc

December 1, 2021RedSanta Cruz@Matt TannenbaumMay 26, 2022
January 5, 2022RedSanta Cruz@MufastaApril 19, 2022
February 20, 2022RedMojave@Drdon220April 28, 2022
March 1, 2022RedMojave@DJ@SJMay 27, 2022
March 1, 2022RedMojave@hellolucidMay 3, 2022July 14, 2022
March 1, 2022RedSanta Cruz@stevelitchfieldparkJune 16, 2022
March 1, 2022RedSanta Cruz@DaveyBoyGT
March 1, 2022RedTahoe@maractwinJune 16, 2022
March 9, 2022RedTahoe@NPN
March 9, 2022RedTahoe@Dawgly
March 15, 2022RedTahoe@hamidh
March 16, 2022RedTahoe@dmm58075
March 23, 2022RedMojave@whywar
March 23, 2022RedSanta Cruz@niceguy
March 23, 2022RedTahoe@bhramabull
March 23, 2022RedTahoe@SolucidMarch 26, 2022
March 23, 2022RedTahoe@zipcube
March 23, 2022RedMojave@Nyc10069
March 26, 2022RedMojave@Akula
March 26, 2022RedTahoe@electrified
March 29, 2022RedMojave@movieguy
March 29, 2022RedTahoe@SantaRosa
April 9, 2022RedTahoe@Drendino
April 11, 2022RedTahoe@Navy06
April 12, 2022RedTahoe@sicsyman
April 19, 2022RedSanta Cruz@DJL
April 19, 2022RedMojave@Chiquita
May 10, 2022RedSanta Cruz@'Bus Driver
May 13, 2022RedTahoe@EmJayJune 15, 2022
May 17, 2022RedSanta Cruz@extesla
May 19, 2022RedTahoe@EricM
May 28, 2022RedTahoe@nightowl
May 29, 2022RedTahoe@AS10
June 7, 2022RedTahoe@PAbuilt
June 11, 2022RedMojave@Snafu
July 1, 2022RedTahoe@SM_NCarolina
RedSanta Cruz@Dkars1

November 2, 2021SilverTahoe@bobofat
November 16, 2021SilverSanta Cruz@FirstEV
November 16, 2021SilverSanta Cruz@OldAg
March 1, 2022SilverSanta Cruz@Ozspeed
March 1, 2022SilverSanta Cruz@petew
March 9, 2022SilverMojave@BradSholl
March 9, 2022SilverMojave@Moupiece
March 29, 2022SilverSanta Cruz@victoryroad
March 30, 2022SilverTahoe@Bel
March 31, 2022SilverTahoe@jfrancis
May 4, 2022SilverMojave@kil0ud*

November 30, 2021WhiteTahoe@momoMay 13, 2022
December 1, 2021WhiteTahoe@GKHoppyMarch 9, 2022
January 5, 2022WhiteMojave@jffryApril 5, 2022
February 18, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@SunnyMay 31, 2022
March 1, 2022WhiteMojave@JJ_5
March 1, 2022WhiteTahoe@jtbgJune 9, 2022
March 1, 2022WhiteTahoe@BocabobJune 9, 2022
March 8, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@MkavourasJune 22, 2022
March 23, 2022WhiteMojave@DeaneG
March 29, 2022WhiteMojave@RasmussenJuly 5, 2022
March 31, 2022WhiteMojave@Scott in AZJuly 5, 2022
April 12, 2022WhiteTahoe@Pasquint
April 12, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@Espan40July 5, 2022
April 12, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@MiamiAlex
April 16, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@Car Guy
April 21, 2022WhiteTahoe@Carllock
May 3, 2022WhiteMojave@lucidbalspadu123
May 4, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@YouAintTheHost
May 6, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@Zeek
May 30, 2022WhiteMojave@woblingoblin
June 2, 2022WhiteTahoe@mageshJuly 6, 2022
June 9, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@Compy
June 13, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@Ksa23
June 15, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@OutofSpecDave
June 19, 2022WhiteTahoe@Luckyismydog
June 23, 2022WhiteMojavenatebeske
June 23, 2022WhiteTahoe@tigers31
June 30, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@Lucid-PA-DE-AZ
Quantum Grey / Santa Cruz / 21" wheels -- Confirmed July 8

My car is on the east coast at Riviera Beach. It has been there for over 10 days. It was done with PDI and ready to be shipped a week ago. The earliest they could arrange transport was tomorrow from Riviera Beach to Charlotte. They are troubleshooting it now, but will have to find another transport once they have resolved the issues.
I might have missed it but what exactly are they troubleshooting?

The car would not take a charge. I still have yet to hear if they have solved it or when another attempt at delivery might be.

They received my paperwork as well as payment a week ago When they said the car was ready to be delivered.

Last edited:
Back