• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Sorry, I thought that you could still see the bottom of the previous message in the reply. Confirmed my Quantum Grey/ Tahoe Interior/ 21” Aero Blade on 04/26/22. Also, I got invited to confirm back on 08/10/2021 and kept dragging my feet until; I saw it in person in Meat Packing...I really regret that.
Thank you - got you added!

Approximately when should a DA contact me? I had decent communication with a SA before I confirmed my order (6/11), but after doing so, my SA advised me that I should hear from my DA soon. I did select a combo that isn't due until Q4 though, so I presume it is because I am in the back of the line (GT, cosmic silver, 20" wheels, mojave interior).

Approximately when should a DA contact me? I had decent communication with a SA before I confirmed my order (6/11), but after doing so, my SA advised me that I should hear from my DA soon. I did select a combo that isn't due until Q4 though, so I presume it is because I am in the back of the line (GT, cosmic silver, 20" wheels, mojave interior).
I am in the exact same boat. My SA (Kaitlynn Jones in San Diego) was very good, and she said that I would be hearing from my DA next. It might be a while because I also selected the 20” wheels (GT, QG, Tahoe, 20”).

I am in the exact same boat. My SA (Kaitlynn Jones in San Diego) was very good, and she said that I would be hearing from my DA next. It might be a while because I also selected the 20” wheels (GT, QG, Tahoe, 20”).
Yes. 20” will be a while, but the DA should reach out just to confirm everything and to say the 20” wheels would take a while.

Well, I don't put much input into this forum but it has been very educational nonetheless.
I hadn't heard from my rep for eons then all of a sudden I get an email stating if I don't reply the same day that my order(GT) is canceled. I called and the rep attributed it to some error. Nevertheless, he tells me the car is ready for delivery and then, all of sudden, I get a flurry of emails to sign documents and give them money, being told that I have 5 days to get things done. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Then on top of things, I tried to nail him down about ApplePlay and XM radio. Amazing that he couldn't give me any information but did say that an "engineer" told him that XM was not possible and he went into some nebulous detail that didn't make sense.
Spending $150K for a car and not being able to kick the tires, so to speak, before putting down a ton of money seems foolish to me, to begin with.
Secondly, reading of all of the issues owners are having with tire bubbles/blowouts that are not being covered, and the myriad of UI problems, has giving me buyers regret to the max. I'm sort of at a loss how so many seem to accept the problems and write things off as the side affects of being an early adopter.
I've driven my poor Chevy Volt into the ground and although not a great fan of the American car, I must say that that puppy has been great. Navigation/XM etc all have worked flawlessly after 140,000 miles.
It has been a 3 year journey for me waiting for this and I just don't have the confidence that it will be worth it. I think that if Lucid as a whole was more responsive and candid about things, I would feel much more comfortable.

If what your saying is true I would think Lucid would give you more time to put your ducks in a row. I would say don't buy the car. It sounds like you have to many reservations to move forward. Maybe another Volt is in your future.

The car would not take a charge. I still have yet to hear if they have solved it or when another attempt at delivery might be.

They received my paperwork as well as payment a week ago When they said the car was ready to be delivered.
If it's going to be an extended time frame Lucid my offer to refund your money until the car is ready to be delivered. That's what they did for me but didn't take them up on the offer.

If it's going to be an extended time frame Lucid my offer to refund your money until the car is ready to be delivered. That's what they did for me but didn't take them up on the offer.
They will refund the money. My DA said it would take 2-3 days to process. That has to be on their end. My wire process takes two hours. In any event, I may or may not take them up on it depending on what they say the timing is. Unfortunately, I am not sure they really know what the timing might be. According to my DA at around 12pm today, there was no real estimate of when the issue might get resolved or when they might arrange for a new delivery time. Without knowing what the problem is, there really is no way to know if the problem existed in Casa Grande or just presented at Riviera Beach. It really doesn't matter. The fact that "something happened" is all that matters, whether it is software related, a hardware failure, physical damage in transit, a dead mouse shorting out the system or what.

The car is currently a very big, very expensive brick with no diagnosis or estimate as to when it might get fixed/resolved. There are no opinions with respect to the above, just facts.

Here's the latest update from my DA and is similar to what others have been told about not given an ETA any more. Hope the last part about leaving the factory sooner is true but with the delay to apply for financing it seems like they are still expecting a couple weeks from the time a car leaves the factory until it's delivered. He did respond to my email within 24hrs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I unfortunately do not have any updates yet.

The factory did get back to me and let me know they are no longer giving estimates on when the VIN will be assigned.

We are now having to await confirmation that the vehicle has been given a VIN and entered General Assembly.

Additionally, the finance team came back and let me know they will not be having customers apply for financing until the vehicle has completed production and preparing to leave the factory.

I know this isn't the best news given the rising interest rates, however on the plus side, we are seeing vehicles leave the factory a lot sooner than expected after the VIN is assigned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Today's inflation news is going to be interesting. I would hate to be Lucid right now given Luxury cars are usually the first things that stop selling when heading into \ in a recession. I wonder how many people are going to walk away as interest rates will continue to rise.

Hope the last part about leaving the factory sooner is true but with the delay to apply for financing it seems like they are still expecting a couple weeks from the time a car leaves the factory until it's delivered. He did respond to my email within 24hrs.
As long as they communicate throughout and give you a heads up. Mine went from at the factory to them wanting payment to deliver the car in 48h after being at the factory for 10+ weeks. A 2 week notice would be appreciated to get your ducks in a row.

I feel for you. It’s frustrating. To have delivery snatched away just 24 hours before it was to happen is the worst.
Tesla did that to me twice. My car showed up on the third scheduled appointment.

Ok, latest update, car was not the problem. One of the chargers at the Riviera Beach location had issues. It seems that is was “active”, but the car would show “preparing to charge” perpetually. I guess it would drain the car by keeping it in that status. That’s a new one. Anyway, car has been tested and retested and given a clean bill of health, ready to ship. Frustrating to say the least as the car could have theoretically been delivered today.

Oh well, I guess Lucid just learned another lesson. ”It’s not always the car at fault”

Ok, latest update, car was not the problem. One of the chargers at the Riviera Beach location had issues. It seems that is was “active”, but the car would show “preparing to charge” perpetually. I guess it would drain the car by keeping it in that status. That’s a new one. Anyway, car has been tested and retested and given a clean bill of health, ready to ship. Frustrating to say the least as the car could have theoretically been delivered today.

Oh well, I guess Lucid just learned another lesson. ”It’s not always the car at fault”
Lol, hope it wasn't the LCHCS! I know the BH service center uses Juicebox chargers. Glad to hear! Wonder how many other cars at that location got put on hold due to unable to charge...

Seriously?

I'm kind of shocked. There wasn't another charger to try? I guess they needed to confirm that it was indeed the charger causing the issue as opposed to your Air having issues with charging with certain chargers. Seems like they could have connected another Lucid Air to said charger and replicate the issue.... Kind of surprised that it took so long to figure out. I hope they were performing a full battery of charging tests on your car during that time! At any rate I'm glad for you its resolved and look forward to your impressions of the car.

Seriously?
I am just relaying what was told to me. I am glad it wasn’t the car and I am glad it did not get to the point of replacing things on the car. Just frustrated that I actually could have taken delivery today

I'm kind of shocked. There wasn't another charger to try? I guess they needed to confirm that it was indeed the charger causing the issue as opposed to your Air having issues with charging with certain chargers. Seems like they could have connected another Lucid Air to said charger and replicate the issue.... Kind of surprised that it took so long to figure out. I hope they were performing a full battery of charging tests on your car during that time! At any rate I'm glad for you its resolved and look forward to your impressions of the car.
I think that is what took so much time. They were testing the car to make sure, charging, discharging, charging etc.

Back