Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Wow. Just had a peek at our tracker. We're getting really close to everyone getting a VIN, at least.
Must be. I'm on the waiting list for a touring and yesterday we received an email stating that production will start soon. It must mean they are almost done with the GT backlog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be. I'm on the waiting list for a touring and yesterday we received an email stating that production will start soon. It must mean they are almost done with the GT backlog.
The last Bears Workshop drone video showed a massive amount of AGTs spread around the huge facility waiting to be shipped. I was shocked. They are really pumping the cars out. May be getting ready to ship to Europe once the US market is up to date. Tourings and Pures next. While I have had my AGT for a month now, I am excited to hear that they are notifying Touring folks that they cars are getting ready for production. The future of the company is with these models (and the Gravity once the new facilities get completed). The work on the new facilities is moving forward at a remarkable pace. Exciting times!

I put in my order for the Grand Touring last week and the sales rep said it would take 2 to 5 months but then the delivery person called today and said they had a Grand Touring in inventory that matches my exact specs and I could get the car in 2 to 5 weeks. Should I accept the inventory model? What are the downsides to accepting the inventory model?

I put in my order for the Grand Touring last week and the sales rep said it would take 2 to 5 months but then the delivery person called today and said they had a Grand Touring in inventory that matches my exact specs and I could get the car in 2 to 5 weeks. Should I accept the inventory model? What are the downsides to accepting the inventory model?
Got for it! There is little to no downside if it matches your spec. Its a brand new car with all of the warranties. Inventory models are often the result of people canceling the orders after they went into production. Good luck!

There are no down sides, especially with UX 2.0.x going out. You will get the best car you have ever owned!

YES! Unless you don’t want your car this year and don’t want the $7500 tax credit.

How lucky!!!!
I was hoping for DE, no such luck for me.

I took a cancelled order in April of this year and I am glad I did. In fact I have had less problems than most on this forum.

Confirmation date: July 30, 2022
Color: Quantum Gray
Interior: Tahoe
VIN Assignment: October 4, 2022
Update for the tracker - took delivery yesterday (October 27) in Scottsdale - no issues so far, and it came with 2.0.14 and our delivery advisor said it was part-way through the updates - still takes a bit to boot up, etc. so it definitely has a few more to go.

The Scottsdale delivery center was stuffed to the gills with GTs for delivery BTW... :)

Update for the tracker - took delivery yesterday (October 27) in Scottsdale - no issues so far, and it came with 2.0.14 and our delivery advisor said it was part-way through the updates - still takes a bit to boot up, etc. so it definitely has a few more to go.

The Scottsdale delivery center was stuffed to the gills with GTs for delivery BTW... :)
Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health

When do pencils arrive after delivery of GT? Just curious. Never been this excited about pencils before. lol

When do pencils arrive after delivery of GT? Just curious. Never been this excited about pencils before. lol
I dont think anyone knows. Seemingly random. For example, I received mine a month ago but no car yet.

You know how when you wait for something for a very long time and the anticipation builds and builds? And your imagination runs a little crazy and you make something into much more than it really is? And then when that day comes, it doesn't quite meet your inflated expectations? Well that's NOT what's going here at all. I picked up my AirGT last Saturday and can't get this stupid grin off my face. The car is a pure joy to drive and in my opinion looks awesome inside and out!

My process of ordering and waiting for a VIN, etc. took an unexpected last minute twist when my wife and I decided to visit the Lucid studio in Tysons Corner, Virginia. I had seen some chatter on this forum about the silver car and suggested to her that we go take a look at one in Tysons. As it turns out my wife loved the silver version and the white one I had on order... 'not so much'. I liked the silver car as well and in the spirit of 'happy wife, happy ...', I asked the fine folks at the studio about the implications of switching exterior colors. Later that day I got a call from Lucid asking if I could take delivery in a week (vehicle reallocation). I was delighted as my white car was scheduled to go into production in a few weeks which meant a probable delivery in late November.

Electrician ran a 240V 60A circuit to my garage yesterday. ChargePoint HF arrives tomorrow. Moving along!
So I now join the masses anticipating LUX 2.X - Thank You beta testers!

I tried to order the Graphite All Weather mats but you guys beat me to it. I'm wondering what 'back in stock soon' means.

Reservation 06/11/21
Order 06/10/22
VIN 10/17/22
Delivery 10/22/22
Air GT - Cosmos Silver, Santa Cruz, 19 inch wheels

You know how when you wait for something for a very long time and the anticipation builds and builds? And your imagination runs a little crazy and you make something into much more than it really is? And then when that day comes, it doesn't quite meet your inflated expectations? Well that's NOT what's going here at all. I picked up my AirGT last Saturday and can't get this stupid grin off my face. The car is a pure joy to drive and in my opinion looks awesome inside and out!

My process of ordering and waiting for a VIN, etc. took an unexpected last minute twist when my wife and I decided to visit the Lucid studio in Tysons Corner, Virginia. I had seen some chatter on this forum about the silver car and suggested to her that we go take a look at one in Tysons. As it turns out my wife loved the silver version and the white one I had on order... 'not so much'. I liked the silver car as well and in the spirit of 'happy wife, happy ...', I asked the fine folks at the studio about the implications of switching exterior colors. Later that day I got a call from Lucid asking if I could take delivery in a week (vehicle reallocation). I was delighted as my white car was scheduled to go into production in a few weeks which meant a probable delivery in late November.

Electrician ran a 240V 60A circuit to my garage yesterday. ChargePoint HF arrives tomorrow. Moving along!

I tried to order the Graphite All Weather mats but you guys beat me to it. I'm wondering what 'back in stock soon' means.

Reservation 06/11/21
Order 06/10/22
VIN 10/17/22
Delivery 10/22/22
Air GT - Cosmos Silver, Santa Cruz, 19 inch wheels
Congrats on the car! Welcome to the club.

I dont think anyone knows. Seemingly random. For example, I received mine a month ago but no car yet.
Totally random. I got my pencils 2 months after got my GT.

Did you use Lucid recommended QMeric? I have 240V 60M hardwired on a full 200A panel to 25 feet away. Just curious how much it cost you?

How lucky!!!!
I was hoping for DE, no such luck for me.
So, I told them I'd take the car yesterday. I just got the Purchase Agreement from Lucid and the car in the agreement has 200 miles on the odometer. This concerns me. Should I be concerned? What questions should I be asking my DA?

So, I told them I'd take the car yesterday. I just got the Purchase Agreement from Lucid and the car in the agreement has 200 miles on the odometer. This concerns me. Should I be concerned? What questions should I be asking my DA?
200 is standard, typically delivered with less than 50. See here

Back