• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Official Software 2.0 Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stuck on 1.2.17, had to call support to start working my way though the remaining 1.2.x updates

You guys are getting dangerously off topic with this baseball chatter! Someone is coming to thread ban you if you don’t watch yourselves!

Can’t wait. First road trip from Ft. Myers to Tallahassee was a struggle. Seems like almost all of my complaints will be corrected with 2.0.

Imagine the highs and lows their team went through last night. 😔 The excitement of finally releasing something that would significantly improve the customer experience after such a huge rewrite. Of course, some last minute issue occurs and you work hard to remedy without being sloppy, but know that time is not in your side. Do you release something you know has bugs to meet your deadline? No. You hold off a little longer, giving your critics something to talk about, but do it, to release a something your fans can rave about! Many of us are patiently rooting for you team Lucid. 👏🏼 @Firstto520

No updates here. (I'd figure us super early adopters (December 2021) would get first dibs. I guess not).

Still waiting... I was at Scottsdale Fashion Square today and stopped in the Lucid showroom (aka Studio) and I asked about the 2.0 update. For what it is worth they said it is being rolled out now and "in the order the cars were sold". Based upon this forum I think that they are totally incorrect. Or perhaps that's how they will do it for general distribution to the larger fleet? Who knows, but I am still waiting...

Still waiting... I was at Scottsdale Fashion Square today and stopped in the Lucid showroom (aka Studio) and I asked about the 2.0 update. For what it is worth they said it is being rolled out now and "in the order the cars were sold". Based upon this forum I think that they are totally incorrect. Or perhaps that's how they will do it for general distribution to the larger fleet? Who knows, but I am still waiting...
I highly doubt it’s by when the vehicle was sold. Probably more sequential VIN or just random. Would be too hard to be tracking back to who got what vehicle when.

I highly doubt it’s by when the vehicle was sold. Probably more sequential VIN or just random. Would be too hard to be tracking back to who got what vehicle when.
Correct. Because that would mean us with DEs would have it now. And I don’t.

Correct. Because that would mean us with DEs would have it now. And I don’t.
It is being rolled out in roughly the order the cars were sold, is my understanding, with the exception of the (extremely small number of) early testers initially and now about 100 early adopters / early release testers from this forum.

It has not been rolled out to anyone outside that early testing group yet (and hasn’t been rolled out to all of those ~100 testers from this forum yet either). They want to iron it all out so that when it goes out to production it’s really, really solid.

For those of you have have been fortunate enough to be beta testers or early adopters, have there been any glitches? Or has it been solid? In other words, do you see a reason for the wait?

For those of you have have been fortunate enough to be beta testers or early adopters, have there been any glitches? Or has it been solid? In other words, do you see a reason for the wait?
No crashes or glitches so far but I have not tried to break it yet, like asking Alexa to do something with Tidal and navigation going, which reliably crashed the audio or a whole screen before. They’re doing it slow because it has to be pushed to cars in batches and they’re being cautious to catch any bugs and ifs a HUGE update, like 3-4GB?

It is being rolled out in roughly the order the cars were sold, is my understanding, with the exception of the (extremely small number of) early testers initially and now about 100 early adopters / early release testers from this forum.

It has not been rolled out to anyone outside that early testing group yet (and hasn’t been rolled out to all of those ~100 testers from this forum yet either). They want to iron it all out so that when it goes out to production it’s really, really solid.
I really appreciate Lucid taking the time to iron out the kinks, but man, oh man, am I itching to get that update.

This is an utterly massive update In size, I decided to take a quick peak at the network traffic just to see (I’ve been neglecting taking a look here in any detail for a while now). I did find one highly concerning factor. Why is the car shooting off Facebook analytics…

I honestly dont care what Lucid’s marketing team might be trying to do there, that shouldn’t happen. I might just dive in more for specifics, but it’s quite a red flag.

Attachments

• 64ED124E-3D3C-4931-8077-0D3F5087F92C.jpeg
    64ED124E-3D3C-4931-8077-0D3F5087F92C.jpeg
    573.8 KB · Views: 159
So far this new software is awesome. I can’t get it to break between Tidal, navigation and Alexa even on Atmos tracks. Cameras a way more responsive with no drop outs. I’ve noticed a couple minor glitches but I’ll hold off describing them until the other update parts roll out.

The delivery people at my center were told that Dream Edition vehicles were being prioritized over GT's. And rightfully so.

So it sound like you've got the following groups so far

1. Beta testers
2. 100 person test group.
3. Dream Edition
4. The rest of us. Likely in waves.

Which makes total sense for several reasons. You're moving from a small group of beta testers to 100 and then to 500 users. You have a chance to correct mistakes/ errors along the way. And it's fair since the Dream Edition people have been living with the problems for longer.

In my case, I don't have to refresh looking for it until I hear the DE boarding group has been called. At which point I'll be refreshing hourly.

Still noticing lots of smaller changes here but for the first time I had some continuous screen rolling show up. It cleared itself quickly but I had never seen that before.
After the 2.0 updates are coming pretty quickly.
Meanwhile 2.05 is being downloaded now. And it a big one is seems like this might be the real monster we were waiting for.

No updates here. (I'd figure us super early adopters (December 2021) would get first dibs. I guess not).
The delivery people at my center were told that Dream Edition vehicles were being prioritized over GT's. And rightfully so.

So it sound like you've got the following groups so far

1. Beta testers
2. 100 person test group.
3. Dream Edition
4. The rest of us. Likely in waves.

Which makes total sense for several reasons. You're moving from a small group of beta testers to 100 and then to 500 users. You have a chance to correct mistakes/ errors along the way. And it's fair since the Dream Edition people have been living with the problems for longer.

In my case, I don't have to refresh looking for it until I hear the DE boarding group has been called. At which point I'll be refreshing hourly.
My GT received the update….

My car is No. 58 and I do not have it. They clearly are not rolling out in sale order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back