October OTA Updates

Hm anyone have a chance to try out the new de-ice mode? And what are the additional user customizable settings for vehicle entry and exit?

I am super bummed. The update starts to drop tomorrow, same day I am dropping my car off at the body shop to have the damage repaired from being rear-ended by some young college girl...

Oh well, at least when I pick the car up, it will seem brand new in multiple respects.

Yeah we are actually out of town starting tomorrow morning for the week so no driving for us either. Was hoping for yesterday or today but happy it’s here either way. It’ll be fully charged, not plugged in and ready to update over the Wi-Fi though.

Love the communication from Lucid, too. They really are listening to us 😊

860Mb downloaded yesterday.......

1665687754246.webp

I hope tomorrow is the day! I wonder what time we will see the update.

Funny. I only had 56 MB downloaded yesterday but 976MB uploaded! And Tuesday had 105 MB downloaded and 1.7Gb uploaded. Not sure what that means
Where do you get that info? In car or router?

One thing that is extremely noticeable is that Lucid is getting a LOT of data back from the car..... this could all be pure speculation also but I don't see what else the car would need to download in that size if it wasn't OTA updates given all the media etc. is streamed.

1665702254140.webp

1665702272668.webp

1665702290775.webp

One thing that is extremely noticeable is that Lucid is getting a LOT of data back from the car..... this could all be pure speculation also but I don't see what else the car would need to download in that size if it wasn't OTA updates given all the media etc. is streamed.

View attachment 5479

View attachment 5480

View attachment 5481
My speculation is sensor data get collected to ship back to server. Maybe there is internal simulation on how DDPro computer would respond to road conditions. Collected data and simulated responses will need to be validated back in HQ allowing DDProb computer sending commands to physical hardwares such as throttle and steering wheel.

ADAS software is often driven in "shadow mode" where the car's sensor input is gathered, and the software makes decisions as if it were driving, but does not control the car. The results are uploaded to servers for analysis. The ADAS' decisions are compared to what the car's operator chose to do, with the goal of making ADAS behave more like a human.

Lucid is probably like "Good lord, these owners are nosy. Can't even scratch ourselves without them noticing" 😂
Quit picking your nose, and we’ll quit telling you to stop mining for gold!

ADAS software is often driven in "shadow mode" where the car's sensor input is gathered, and the software makes decisions as if it were driving, but does not control the car. The results are uploaded to servers for analysis. The ADAS' decisions are compared to what the car's operator chose to do, with the goal of making ADAS behave more like a human.
I would say Lane Keep Assist will have many conflicts in milliseconds frequency and they need those data to gauge driving comfort.

New De-Ice Mode combines defrost, automatic wiper blade movement, and wiper fluid to clear ice that may be obstructing the view through the windshield.
Clever. I scratched my last car scraping ice off of it when the scraper slipped.

It’s Friday morning, waking up first thing I do is checking Lucid mobile app instead of brushing teeth.

Alas….no 🔵 yet….

Back