October OTA Updates

Ok, I am going to take exception to part of your statement, "The fact that this is happening at all ". I paid $169,000 for a car, sight un-seen, and received it 12/31/2021. It came with v 10.4 and no cruise control and alpha quality software. I am not bitching about release dates being late because I know that there is a lot of re-writes going on but don't tell me that I should be glad that they are finally fixing software. Sorry, but it's a sticking point with me, as everyone knows! 😇
Oh, that's not what I meant! I meant it's great that it's being released early to the forum before the rest of the fleet. Of course they had to fix the software, that's a given!

I've finished downloading 2.0.2, and nothing obvious changed in my car. The UI layout on the glass cockpit did not change to the new configuration that some others with the new software have seen. Also, the loading time for the screens was certainly no faster.

This really does just seem to be a background update to prepare for the new features that have been teased:

View attachment 5432
Correct. You will not see any functional changes until 2.0.5 or later, most likely.

The version numbers changed between the earlier testers and you guys; I had 2.0.1, 2.0.4, 2.0.7. You're getting increased version numbers (and four updates, rather than three), presumably because of updates after our feedback.

To those who got the update, did you get a push notification on your phone?
Yes. I was driving at the time, too, and the “about” screen (or whichever shows the SW version in settings) changed showing software “update available” as I was cruising. I had it on that screen waiting. Like a kid on Christmas morning.

Greetings Lucid Owners, future owners, and fans. First and foremost, we appreciate you all very much. Thank you for being a part of our mission to help realize a sustainable tomorrow.

As you’ve likely seen by now, we have a significant software update coming. If you’ve been following the Software 2.0 thread, you already have a sense of the magnitude of the updates. I’ve been driving with it myself for the past couple of weeks and can tell you it’s nothing short of amazing.

There are a series of updates that make up the entire package and we expect to begin deploying them to the fleet over the next couple of weeks. But given the passion and energy we see in this forum each and every day, we thought it’d be best to give you all a chance to be in the first wave which is expected to ship late this week.

If you want to be the first on your block to receive this round of OTA updates, drop me a DM with your name, email, and VIN. DO NOT POST THAT INFORMATION IN THIS THREAD. I will collect all of the information over the next day or two and use that to help inform the first deployment. I will need to cap this at 100 or so just to keep things manageable.

As I’ve mentioned before, we are present and always listening in the forums. Your feedback and passion give us tremendous energy and helps remind us why the work we are doing is so very important. Thank you for that.

Cheers to you,
Len & Team Lucid
Somehow I missed this thread and a great opportunity. Waiting on sidelines ....

Yes. I was driving at the time, too, and the “about” screen (or whichever shows the SW version in settings) changed showing software “update available” as I was cruising. I had it on that screen waiting. Like a kid on Christmas morning.
it sounds like you noticed it on your car's screen but not on your phone?

it sounds like you noticed it on your car's screen but not on your phone?
It was simultaneously. Push notification on my phone and the car told me as well. Also, my wife text out of excitement saying she got the push notification on her phone, too 😂.

Ok, I am going to take exception to part of your statement, "The fact that this is happening at all ". I paid $169,000 for a car, sight un-seen, and received it 12/31/2021. It came with v 10.4 and no cruise control and alpha quality software. I am not bitching about release dates being late because I know that there is a lot of re-writes going on but don't tell me that I should be glad that they are finally fixing software. Sorry, but it's a sticking point with me, as everyone knows! 😇
I can’t wait for you to get the update so you can finally be happy….just kidding, we know you will never be happy. I kid again. 😂

OK, quick question. Now that we have this update coming over the next week, it seems fitting that my car will be unavailable to me starting this Thursday night or Friday. I have to drop it off at the body shop for them to fix the damage from when the kid rear-ended me up at Chapel Hill. Anyway, can I run the updates while the car is sitting at the shop over LTE and how do I tell what the signal strength is remotely? Looks like I probably will not get the car back until 10/27, at the earliest.

OK, quick question. Now that we have this update coming over the next week, it seems fitting that my car will be unavailable to me starting this Thursday night or Friday. I have to drop it off at the body shop for them to fix the damage from when the kid rear-ended me up at Chapel Hill. Anyway, can I run the updates while the car is sitting at the shop over LTE and how do I tell what the signal strength is remotely? Looks like I probably will not get the car back until 10/27, at the earliest.
I just installed the first one over LTE. Just make sure you charge it up so. You can't so you just hope the shop has good LTE.

You could assess the signal strength when you drop it off, no? I wouldn’t start it until after they close for the day if you choose to do so as the car locks itself. In case they needed to access the interior during shop hours.

FYI .. drove around today w/ 2.0.2 and I'm happy to report that nothing happened (no changes, no new errors/issues, etc.). Seems that the v2 base is working as expected 👍

Back