No-drill front license plate?

Here is a New Jersey dilemma: I just picked up my Air Touring yesterday and did not have my front plate installed. Now I find out that I have to take the car for inspection when I get my plates. Now what? It will not pass inspection w/o the front plate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Are we allowed to get glued on front license plate in NJ

I wonder if that's legal in NY. I currently have no front plate on my i4 and I've been fine. In fact I pass by a police car many days that's parked in one spot with an officer inside and he's never pulled me over.
Can you install these adhesive plates over PPF and ceramic coat?

They applied my '19 Tesla Model S front plates with double sided 3M tape (over Stek Dynoshield PPF) and it has worked fine. It start to detach once and I had to replace with fresh tape, but it's a decent alternative to drilling holes.

I am curious if you do the sticker license plate outside of california (I live in seattle), will it attract police more given that it’s an illegal license plate vs just not having one?

I keep going back and forth, but feel like it’s just going to draw more attention =/.

I am curious if you do the sticker license plate outside of california (I live in seattle), will it attract police more given that it’s an illegal license plate vs just not having one?

I keep going back and forth, but feel like it’s just going to draw more attention =/.
I also live in Seattle and can’t recall ever seeing a sticker plate.

Yeah I don’t think it’s legally viable to use a sticker plate. I just wanted to do it to “attempt” to be legal, but don’t want to damage the bumper or reduce the mileage. I guess we will see how long until I decide to do anything with the front bumper. Im currently without a front license plate, but only just got my official plates a week ago.

Yeah I don’t think it’s legally viable to use a sticker plate. I just wanted to do it to “attempt” to be legal, but don’t want to damage the bumper or reduce the mileage. I guess we will see how long until I decide to do anything with the front bumper. Im currently without a front license plate, but only just got my official plates a week ago.
Just say you haven't gotten a chance to call service to drill the holes for your bracket if you get pulled over 😁. Not a cop or lawyer so don't take my advice!

I live in Ontario Canada and I'm curious if anyone has found a really good no-drill front license plate option. Any suggestion would be great!
In Cali we can use licenseplatewrap.com. They make front license plate stickers. They cost about $100. No need for brackets. Just peel and stick!

Attachments

• 70D803DC-A991-493E-98FA-EF59D570695A.jpeg
    70D803DC-A991-493E-98FA-EF59D570695A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
Too bad as it’s perfectly legal in California.

Does haunt this adhesive tape affect the paint ? Someone recommended this

Attachments

• PXL_20230810_220637665.jpg
    PXL_20230810_220637665.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
Correct. Not legal in WA. Yes, I are a lawyer ....

RCW 46.16A.200

License plates.​

(1) Design. All license plates may be obtained by the director from the metal working plant of a state correctional facility or from any source in accordance with existing state of Washington purchasing procedures. License plates:
(a) May vary in background, color, and design;
(b) Must be legible and clearly identifiable as a Washington state license plate;
(c) Must designate the name of the state of Washington without abbreviation;
(d) Must be treated with fully reflectorized materials designed to increase visibility and legibility at night;
(e) Must be of a size and color and show the registration period as determined by the director; and
(f) Before July 1, 2010, may display a symbol or artwork approved by the former special license plate review board and the legislature. Beginning July 1, 2010, special license plate series approved by the department and enacted into law by the legislature may display a symbol or artwork approved by the department.
(2) Exceptions to reflectorized materials. License plates issued before January 1, 1968, are not required to be treated with reflectorized materials.
(3) Dealer license plates. License plates issued to a dealer must contain an indication that the license plates have been issued to a vehicle dealer.
(4)(a) Furnished. The director shall furnish to all persons making satisfactory application for a vehicle registration:
(i) Two identical license plates each containing the license plate number; or
(ii) One license plate if the vehicle is a trailer, semitrailer, camper, moped, collector vehicle, horseless carriage, or motorcycle.
(b) The director may adopt types of license plates to be used as long as the license plates are legible.
(5)(a) Display. License plates must be:
(i) Attached conspicuously at the front and rear of each vehicle if two license plates have been issued;
(ii) Attached to the rear of the vehicle if one license plate has been issued;
(iii) Kept clean and be able to be plainly seen and read at all times unless an exception in (b) of this subsection applies; and
(iv) Attached in a horizontal position at a distance of not more than four feet from the ground.
(b)(i) The Washington state patrol may grant exceptions to this subsection if the body construction of the vehicle makes compliance with this section impossible.

Check out:
Works well, aerodynamic, and avoids drilled holes.
“There is no such law that determines that non-standard vinyl licence plate replica are illegal. Therefore, you should not be in any legal trouble for using a non-standard vinyl licence plate replica.”

That’s literally not true. I wouldn’t order anything from this site.

“There is no such law that determines that non-standard vinyl licence plate replica are illegal. Therefore, you should not be in any legal trouble for using a non-standard vinyl licence plate replica.”

That’s literally not true. I wouldn’t order anything from this site.
Again, correct. I didn't bother posting the "unlawful acts" provision of the Washington State statute before, but here it is:

(7) Unlawful acts. It is unlawful to:
(a) Display a license plate or plates on the front or rear of any vehicle that were not issued by the director for the vehicle;

Again, correct. I didn't bother posting the "unlawful acts" provision of the Washington State statute before, but here it is:

(7) Unlawful acts. It is unlawful to:
(a) Display a license plate or plates on the front or rear of any vehicle that were not issued by the director for the vehicle;
The only place I’m aware of it being legal is in CA, through licenseplatewrap.com

What’s worse? Having no plate or having a fake plate? With the former you can claim ignorance, and usually just fix it. With the latter that’s harder, since you presumably know a plate is required, but have chosen to use a fraudulent one.

IANAL, etc.

Does haunt this adhesive tape affect the paint ? Someone recommended this
Did you end up trying this? Did it work? I just can't bring myself to having the front bracket screwed into the bumper and so i'm looking at going the adhesive tape route, too, to mount the bracket. Something that I can remove later on. But also don't want it flying off when cruising down the highway.

Back