New Variant coming....

Regardless of all the negative energy we have heard/seen this week since Lucid announced that something was coming August 19th, I’m really excited for whatever it is. I can’t picture the announcement hurting Lucid stock…at least not in the short term.

Not sure - the Rimac Nevera is 1.85 seconds with 1914hp and weighs 4,700lbs.

I’m guessing a tri-motor Dream (essentially) would be ~5,400lbs
I hope that they remove some weight in the tri motor, maybe a pack or two of batteries just to shed some weight for increased performance

I hope that they remove some weight in the tri motor, maybe a pack or two of batteries just to shed some weight for increased performance
I doubt they will shed batteries unless they reconfigure the wiring of the modules in order to keep the same voltage. They need the full voltage to get the power for three motors.

Regardless of all the negative energy we have heard/seen this week since Lucid announced that something was coming August 19th, I’m really excited for whatever it is. I can’t picture the announcement hurting Lucid stock…at least not in the short term.
Yeah sorry don’t mean to be negative. Lucid makes incredible vehicles so I’m sure this will impress and be excellent.

Not sure - the Rimac Nevera is 1.85 seconds with 1914hp and weighs 4,700lbs.

I’m guessing a tri-motor Dream (essentially) would be ~5,400lbs

Rimac also has a top speed of 256 mph and has a production run of 150 units. And is meant primarily for track. Aside from rolling down Rodeo Drive and Avenue Princesse Grace.

I think my numbers are very reasonable on a platform with intended capacity of ~35k units per year and the top variant cost ~$225k.

Is it fair to assume that 3 motors expected max ≈ 1666.5 hp

1,111 hp / 2 motors = 555.5 hp each motor
555.5 hp X 3 motors = 1,666.5 hp

So I have to agree with the other posters who think it will be a tri-motor blue colored Air variant. Definitely about bragging rights in the EV space and headlines to keep Lucid in the news. Should be interesting to see it. I think it will be good press and PR, but I also agree with others that I hope they don't take their eye off the ball of increasing production and fixing issues like software, fit and finish, etc...

s it fair to assume that 3 motors expected max ≈ 1666.5 hp
I think it could go as high as 1860 HP because the lower models have up to 620HP with one motor. That being said I am sure there are other issues at play like heat, simultaneous energy coupling/ transfer, etc... so probably less. But I think around 1500HP will be legit.

It's all about the optics. Like when Lucid was struggling getting Dream Editions into people's hands and Peter decides to do a video on the battery. We all know the video was probably recorded months in advance but was it the ideal time to be dropping a video when the company was clearly struggling to get vehicles out and especially when the new owners didn't even have Cruise Control at the time.

Similar to this scenario. I don't think it's bad that Lucid is developing new products to push the limits etc. (it's what they should be doing to stay ahead of the curve) it's just the timing of the announcement. They slashed production forecasts, have quality issues and instead of trying to show the market and pessimists that this is a company focused on resolving issues and quickly it seems they'd rather focus on announcing new things than fixing the problems they have.

Like i've said before, Lucid can announce 50 new models but if they can't get the production issues sorted they will get a reputation for all talk no action. This announcement might have gotten a more positive result if it was announced after the Q3 earnings call IF Lucid was showing a production improvement \ ramp up. Releasing it now, some people will be excited, the media will probably love it but others will just throw the "can't deliver a car" shade until they show they're serious about fixing production problems.
They have a marketing plan.

I think it could go as high as 1860 HP because the lower models have up to 620HP with one motor. That being said I am sure there are other issues at play like heat, simultaneous energy coupling/ transfer, etc... so probably less. But I think around 1500HP will be legit.
Nope. Touring has 2 motors to achieve 620 hp using 756 volts

So I have to agree with the other posters who think it will be a tri-motor blue colored Air variant. Definitely about bragging rights in the EV space and headlines to keep Lucid in the news. Should be interesting to see it. I think it will be good press and PR, but I also agree with others that I hope they don't take their eye off the ball of increasing production and fixing issues like software, fit and finish, etc...

Yeah this is more of a publicity thing than anything. They're getting their reputation out there. Motor trend car of the year, fastest car at goodwood and now quail to unveil their flagship. Quail has always been known to unveil some crazy stuff. You usually have a collection of the craziest cars in the world there along with monterey car week. If they make a splash at quail, they have a huge crowd of people there with deeeeep pockets ready to go.

If you value price to HP, the Air Sapphire could be a serious EV bargain. The Rimac Nivera ($2M for 2000 HP) is $1000 per HP. The Air Dream at $169K for 1111 HP has been the best Lucid bargain so far, but if the Air Sapphire truly has 1500 HP and goes for around $225K, it’ll be an even better deal. Of course, there’s more to a car than price per HP. Otherwise, we’d all be driving Hellcats.

Lucid will sell oodles of them, as the market for $200K super cars in the US must be totally huge In the midst of a recession. ;)

Remember when the Reddit employee said they were making a special blue car for a Saudi prince? I guess MBS gets the first Air Sapphire.

If they make a splash at quail, they have a huge crowd of people there with deeeeep pockets ready to go.

Well, let's just hope they don't try to open the car doors in front of potential customers. Enough auto journalists have already had that experience.

Definitely the tri-motor. Rumored at 1400hp. WIll be interesting to see the announcement later today.

Definitely the tri-motor. Rumored at 1400hp. WIll be interesting to see the announcement later today.
That hp figure seems too low for the weight of added motor upgrades for brakes and maybe body panels. I’m guessing a minimum of 1500hp to a max of1650hp

What time is the reveal?

Back