New Variant coming....

One thing that I find funny that isn’t being noted. They switched to Michelin tires, away from the troublesome pirellis 😂
I doubt the foam-filled Pirelli's are specced for the amount of torque of the Sapphire anyway

I doubt the foam-filled Pirelli's are specced for the amount of torque of the Sapphire anyway
They specially developed the tires alongside Michelin, could’ve done the same with Pirelli as they did originally..

The Lucid website says the $249,000 does not include options. Wonder what that means?

The Lucid website says the $249,000 does not include options. Wonder what that means?
Stealth Pack not included
Dolby sound not included
DreamDrive Pro not included
😂

The way Lucid is pricing its cars and packages at the moment nothing would surprise me at this point. Lol

$249,000 US, reservations August start Aug 23rd

• Lucid Air Sapphire features three motors, carbon-ceramic brakes, aerodynamic package, new sport seats, and track-tuned suspension for a sublime driver-focused sporting experience
  • Sub-two seconds 0-60 mph, sub-four seconds 0-100 mph, sub-nine seconds quarter mile, and top speed exceeding 200 mph
  • Production begins in first half of 2023
$80K over DEP and 89 more hp.

$80K over DEP and 89 more hp.
At least 89hp. Unless that’s now been confirmed to be exactly 1200hp? Plus a whole other motor. And a significant performance increase at least in terms of straight line acceleration. Plus I do like the look of the car vs the classic (haha can we already be using that word for a car not even a year old yet…) eureka gold of the DE. And much better looking rims imo. Even the covers are cooler - I’d use them if I really needed range because they appear acceptably aesthetic to me. But of course looks can be infinitely customized aftermarket.

If I didn’t have the GT already, I would seriously consider this. May still put down a reservation. Probably years away from actual production anyways 🤷‍♂️

A disadvantage of an EV is that you can't just put a supercharger and better exhaust on it to get a lot more HP without buying a new car.

It's definitely not just the Stealth debut, as they specifically mention that in the article. Four bullets after the below is where they mention the new variant.

"Motorlux (Wednesday, August 17) – Lucid will have a stand at this updated event at the Monterey Jet Center for the public debut of its recently announced Stealth Look for Lucid Air. Attendees will have the opportunity to see this darker and more assertive exterior design theme for the very first time during this exclusive event."
It’s the Sapphire 3 motor version.

@MoniputerLM id going to like this as it’s Mercedes cool concept car.

BMW i4 M50 Quad motor

Will Lucid's Quad motor be on the market soon as well?
quad motor bmw? unless they are using LUCID tech, i'm out, can't stand BMW's current design language anyways (former bmw owner)

Lucid proprietary motors are much more power dense than others. For example, Tesla can only squeeze out 1,020hp from three motors, but Lucid manages 1,111 from two.

Four motors would be too much torque for any road tire available unless they developed a new lower powered motor.
this is true, Lucid seems to have the best tech so far, will Tesla catch up and beat them? who knows..but competition is always good. Elon is a smart guy, or at least employs a lot of smart people, but if they no longer work for him and jump ship because of the work enviroment (which i hear is terrible)....only time will tell.

I totally agree but at $250k, a Ferrari will hold its value a lot better. This is for the rich and exclusive people. I will buy one if I hit the lotto!
for sure Ferraris will hold it's value better, but i'm also sure Sapphire will last a lot longer and require a lot less maintenance.

Back