New Touring vs Used Grand Touring

Yep, mine was a steal, the Zenith Red with Tahoe Interior and 19" wheels, took me forever to see one pop up, got lucky and pulled the trigger the moment I saw one for cheaper than 130k

PPF will run over $7k usually
Registration (depending on state) another $8k+
And then insurance of around $150-$250 a month

Just do all the math and if the extra range and massage seats are worth it, then pull the trigger!

I'm super happy with mine, and the extra range helps a lot with disregarding range anxiety.
And I'm a early 2021 Touring reservation holder who bought a used AGT.

I would get Touring if DDPRo is not a consideration.
Otherwise AGT if the extra $ isn't a problem
Yes. If you want Touring with DDp, a used AGT makes a lot of sense for a bit more.

Fully loaded Touring for 113k vs Used Grand Touring for 120ish k with under 1k miles
Is the Touring and wait still worth it, or is it better to go the used route if you have additional 10k to throw in.
If I find my ideal build in on the used market I will probably go for that, can walk way from confirmation
I vote for used GT

It's funny, I went with the Touring because I like it better. The space in the rear seat is a big deal to me and the things I'm not getting are not issues.
Honestly, the touring is better like you said. Except I need a GT member to sell their alcantara dash and doors to me. Or maybe lucid can pull through with the mismatched doors again?

I went with a new Touring, the 7.5k credit was a deal breaker
For the price, I don't blame you. Honestly, for an EV, I wouldn't buy used regardless. I'm fairly firm on wanting the tax credit + free charging + full warranty support.

The Touring is a great value. I valued the size of my battery and a few of the other features (power) more to not wait for the Touring though.

Just picked up a pre-owned AGT for slightly over 110k. So I lose free charging, but I do get DDPro, Dolby atmos & a couple of hundred extra hp essentially for free, and given that the car’s only 5 months old, I’m hard pushed to find any cons to the situation

Just picked up a pre-owned AGT for slightly over 110k. So I lose free charging, but I do get DDPro, Dolby atmos & a couple of hundred extra hp essentially for free, and given that the car’s only 5 months old, I’m hard pushed to find any cons to the situation
You forgot to mention the best feature -- Massage Seats! 😂 😂

I've been watching used GT prices closely for the past month or so as they slide gently downward. There was a Quantum Gray car at a Porsche dealership in Atlanta that went for $105k - I missed out on that one by a couple of hours. What surprises me, though, is the number of sellers who still think they're competitively priced at $120k or more.

I agree---NO cons. If you believe in the quality/character of the car in the first place, those shouldn't change bec someone else briefly owned it....

On the other hand, the steep depreciation is a bit off-putting for those of us who bought new

I agree---NO cons. If you believe in the quality/character of the car in the first place, those shouldn't change bec someone else briefly owned it....

On the other hand, the steep depreciation is a bit off-putting for those of us who bought new

Maybe because I have no intention of selling my car I just don't pay attention to depreciation values. I just read an article yesterday of the ten worst depreciating cars for this year, and Lucid wasn't on it. (Tesla's Model 3 was number 1.)

I was taught as a teenager that a car is a terrible investment. There are exceptions, of course, but the general rule of thumb has always been that cars never hold value. Smarter people than me have always bought used for this very reason.

I just can't get enough of that "new car smell."

Lol good thing you didn't spring for a Dream Edition...

I've been watching used GT prices closely for the past month or so as they slide gently downward. There was a Quantum Gray car at a Porsche dealership in Atlanta that went for $105k - I missed out on that one by a couple of hours. What surprises me, though, is the number of sellers who still think they're competitively priced at $120k or more.
Premium cars aren't meant to be "competitive" in pricing really. It just depends on how important it is to move inventory. Regarding $120k, that is the average pricing I see up for sale used.
Heck, here's the Aston Martin dealership near me: https://www.astonmartinorlando.com/used-Orlando-2022-Lucid-Air-Dream+Edition-50EA1DAA1NA001560.

$120k is competitive based on the average values the car is running for. If someone needs to move inventory faster, then you get a better deal.

Luxury cars have always had terrible depreciation. Part of their cost. In more normal times, large discounts on large luxury sedans like the S-class were standard practice (significantly more than the $7500 credit).

Since large luxury sedans are a dwindling market segment, and all new Lucids at worst had the $7500 off MSRP, this degree of depreciation - at least - was always expected.

Luxury cars have always had terrible depreciation. Part of their cost. In more normal times, large discounts on large luxury sedans like the S-class were standard practice (significantly more than the $7500 credit).

Since large luxury sedans are a dwindling market segment, and all new Lucids at worst had the $7500 off MSRP, this degree of depreciation - at least - was always expected.
Yeah, I always think about this. I got my AGT for 119k.
Do I regret pulling the trigger? No because then that means I would've potentially given up the amazing mileage I've put on the car, the experiences and the drive. Already been on 2 road trips. I was addicted to the forums checking every second. I would've lost my mind if I didn't buy it when I did lol.

Very happy with my "used" GT. I feel I got a great deal because it wasn't really used. Had 160 miles on it when I got it.
Also I can assure you that being a used owner doesn't diminish the quality of care you receive from Lucid customer service.

Back