New Member from Boston Area

Welcome, when did you reserve? We are hoping Touring begin to confirm orders in the next month or so with a target first delivery in July.

Glad to be here. Have 2 cars booked, Touring and Pure.
I live in Providence RI, getting my GT delivered next Thursday. I was hoping I’d be the first Lucid owner in RI, but I heard from my DA there’s another Lucid owner in Newport RI who is rather well known for reviewing cars and hosting talk shows and they were the first RI Lucid owner, but of course I cannot confirm that.

I live in Providence RI, getting my GT delivered next Thursday. I was hoping I’d be the first Lucid owner in RI, but I heard from my DA there’s another Lucid owner in Newport RI who is rather well known for reviewing cars and hosting talk shows and they were the first RI Lucid owner, but of course I cannot confirm that.
You think they let him keep the car?

Booked my car on March 11th. Just told I'll get my GT at the end of July. Hope that works out. Had to move from 20" wheels to 19" or it would have been November before my car would've been delivered.

Booked my car on March 11th. Just told I'll get my GT at the end of July. Hope that works out. Had to move from 20" wheels to 19" or it would have been November before my car would've been delivered.
I also selected the 19" wheels, but subsequently understand that Lucid offers or will offer wheel and tire insurance, in which case I may have gone with the 20" wheels. Lots of bad roads in NE and I do not intend to track the car so 19"s are probably the best for me.

I'm also getting a spare 5th wheel for the 19". Yes, bad roads in New England. We live in relatively remote part of NH....good use of the frunk to store the full spare.

I experienced an epic blowout and wheel failure on 20 inch wheels and performance tires in my Audi on the Mass Pike. All-season and 19” all the way for me. Roads here really suck.

Yep I’m in Rhode Island and the roads are post apocalyptic, so I went for the 19s.

I'm also getting a spare 5th wheel for the 19". Yes, bad roads in New England. We live in relatively remote part of NH....good use of the frunk to store the full spare.
I will be moving to southern NH after next week and like you will get a fifth 19" wheel/tire for road trips. Will also run with a floor jack and torque wrench. Roadside assistance is not an optimal solution. I am concerned that there are no level 3 charging stations that I can identify and very few level 2 stations in my part of the state or VT, where one of my sons lives.

Yeah looks like no EA chargers unless you want to drive across from Burlington VT to Plattsburgh. That sucks. I drive up to Nashua NH for work occasionally but it looks like southern NH has a few EA options at least. We love going on road trips to Maine but looks like the sole EA charger in Maine is in Portland.

Yeah looks like no EA chargers unless you want to drive across from Burlington VT to Plattsburgh. That sucks. I drive up to Nashua NH for work occasionally but it looks like southern NH has a few EA options at least. We love going on road trips to Maine but looks like the sole EA charger in Maine is in Portland.

The VT, NH, Maine area looks like it will have some upgrades according to EAs "future" plans but who knows how long. Like you, I love road trips in those states. Will just have to find alternate charges. I head to western PA a lot, at least that trip seems well covered by EA

Rather surprising that AE has few, if any stations along VT and NH interstates, much less those with level 3, which I believe are non-existent to date. Even if New Englanders do not adopt EVs plenty of out of state EV drivers like a road trip in northern NE. I will plan on a range of 250-280, especially in colder weather until AE installs more charging stations. Not sure of the charging time on level 2, but I believe it is sub-optimal.

Look for EVgo and Chargepoint as well. They have been installing DCFCs as well

Certainly a little more logistics involved without many charging stations. Still so excited about this car though!
I carry a full jack with me for wheel changes also .... rural Northeast and we grow bumper crops of potholes everywhere ... still foolish to depend on anyone else being around to help.

I will be moving to southern NH after next week and like you will get a fifth 19" wheel/tire for road trips. Will also run with a floor jack and torque wrench. Roadside assistance is not an optimal solution. I am concerned that there are no level 3 charging stations that I can identify and very few level 2 stations in my part of the state or VT, where one of my sons lives.

Actually, Electrify America looks pretty good in NH for travel from Boston to Burlington, especially Manchester which has a 350kW station. Concord, Lebanon, and Nashua also have EA stations. I make a regular trip to Stowe, and fortunately, there’s a 50kW station next to the Alchemist. Not a fast charger but can drink beer while you wait.

Your right ... those routes look good.
I'm below 45min east of Keene NH....just have to be sure I leave with a good charge. Not much around me, but will be fine as long as I have a decent plan.

Back