New Lucid Video: Wunderbox

Man the V2V! We also need a V2 whatever the Ioniq 5 calls it where you can power a 110 and 220 off the plug
That would be simple for Lucid to do if they wished.

I know. That thought has occurred to me. My home was a model home and the builder had his showroom in the two car part of the garage and two offices in what would have been the third bay. When he finished building, I asked him to leave the two offices when he converted the space back to a garage. So there is ductwork running from the air handler (which is in an air handler closet in the garage) right through the garage to the two offices (one for my wife; one for me) I have a 5 ton unit for my first floor so that probably has enough capacity although I would have to ask.

I would be hesitant to do that though as I would worry about how much AC I lose every time I open the garage door.

But the point to my post is that if one is in a hot area, it is good that Lucid is running the battery cooling system.
My garage gets pretty hot as well. I am in PV, and my garage doors directly face the afternoon sun. Maybe I should insulate them. I've been contemplating putting in a swamp cooler or something. I do have ductwork running along a chase on one side of the garage. Should probably call my a/c guys and see my options.

My garage gets pretty hot as well. I am in PV, and my garage doors directly face the afternoon sun. Maybe I should insulate them. I've been contemplating putting in a swamp cooler or something. I do have ductwork running along a chase on one side of the garage. Should probably call my a/c guys and see my options.
Like other posters have said, just getting a fan running to vent the air should be good enough.

I do have a ventilation fan. Unfortunately, doesn't help that much when it doesn't drop below 100 until 9pm
But it will help. In the same way a refrigerator in a small enclosed space will not keep cool because it has no place to dump excess heat, your Lucid is trying to cool the batteries and has to put the excess heat someplace. In a non ventilated garage, that space just gets hotter and hotter, and the car works very hard trying to cool the batteries. With ventilation, it shouldn't get much hotter inside than the outside air, and the car eventually will make progress.

I suspect if you can keep the bent air to 100, the coolant plus radiator will do the test for thr battery, ain't no engineer though!

I do have a ventilation fan. Unfortunately, doesn't help that much when it doesn't drop below 100 until 9pm
Ouch. That’s AZ for you. Does it ever get below even 90 In the summer?

Ouch. That’s AZ for you. Does it ever get below even 90 In the summer?
When I got up this morning at 5:00, it was 90 degrees out. My garage was at 93, the vent fan was running since midnight. I charged for just under two hours and the garage heated up to 96. The vent fan really does help.

When I got up this morning at 5:00, it was 90 degrees out. My garage was at 93, the vent fan was running since midnight. I charged for just under two hours and the garage heated up to 96. The vent fan really does help.

Interesting. Did you have the vent fan installed by a contractor? Does it run automatically, or on a timer, or do you manually turn it on and off?

I wouldn't want one in the front (ugly) but I do have a side exterior wall (alongside the walk to my front door) that could possibly work.

Thanks.

Interesting. Did you have the vent fan installed by a contractor? Does it run automatically, or on a timer, or do you manually turn it on and off?

I wouldn't want one in the front (ugly) but I do have a side exterior wall (alongside the walk to my front door) that could possibly work.

Thanks.
There was already a ceiling vent in my garage so I just bought a fan on Amazon and installed it myself. I plugged it into a WiFi programmable plug and set it to run from midnight to 8:00 AM. I can also turn it on from my phone if I want to charge at a different time.

I plugged it into a WiFi programmable plug and set it to run from midnight to 8:00 AM
Smart.

I'm awaiting a response from my HOA to see if I can put some vents on the bottom exterior of the house from the garage. Doubt they will approve though so i'm just making sure to not let the car get too low on charge to avoid the garage heating up excessively

Smart.

I'm awaiting a response from my HOA to see if I can put some vents on the bottom exterior of the house from the garage. Doubt they will approve though so i'm just making sure to not let the car get too low on charge to avoid the garage heating up excessively
Just do it where they can't see. Most garages should have at least 1 vent anyways

Back