New Lucid Air GT w Stealth - 1 week review

billvb

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Air GT
I picked up this vehicle on Monday and have been in love with and in awe of it all week. I had a little bit of trepidation from reading forum posts here, as well as seeing the Q1 sales numbers and related stock prices. But I have to say, I have absolutely NO REGRETS. I can't imagine being this happy and excited with any of the other vehicles I had considered.

Real quick:

- The delivery experience is the best I've ever had. The local delivery advisor and service and detailing staff were friendly, helpful and extremely competent. It felt like a true 'concierge' experience - very different than the flatbed driver dropping off your vehicle and leaving you to figure it out.
- The driving experience is fabulous and addictive. I keep thinking of some other errand I need to go off and do.
- The fit and finish and build quality are stunning. I've never had a car as well appointed and put together.
- Don't listen to anyone who says that the Surreal Sound Pro is 'meh' - it is the best sound system I've had in a car, and I've had some very good ones. And even better since this car is SO QUIET - almost 10dB quieter than my Model S on the highway.
- In terms of reliability:
- Locking/Unlocking behavior has been better than the Model S I'm replacing
- I had no problems with 'Plug-n-charge' with Electrify America
- Backup camera and Surround View have been very quick and reliable in response and appropriateness.
- Homelink works great - the only thing it doesn't do is auto-open and auto-close.
- Surround View is a total game changer! Love it; no longer need rim rash protection.
- Dream Drive Pro provides what I need for highway driving with adaptive cruise control and 'highway assist' (in-lane steering); though it's nowhere near as solid as the software on my Model S with FSD. That said, the Lucid software is a little over a year old, while the Tesla Model S was released 11 years ago - so, I'm okay with giving Lucid a little time to start catching up.
- Having this level of range is amazing; range anxiety is truly a thing of the past.

So, if you're reading this and you're like I was - a little worried about buying an expensive and fairly uncommon car like this, after reading all of the negativity on the internet and the early adopter problems on this forum, I just wanted to share my experience about what an amazing car this is.

Also, just look at it - it's an epiphany every time I come out and see it in a parking lot.

(File under newly-minted Brand Ambassador)

Attachments

• IMG_9134.jpeg
    IMG_9134.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 432
  • IMG_9141.jpeg
    IMG_9141.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 408
  • IMG_9136.jpeg
    IMG_9136.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 412
  • IMG_9135.jpeg
    IMG_9135.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 404
  • IMG_9138.jpeg
    IMG_9138.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 393
  • IMG_9137.jpeg
    IMG_9137.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 445
Pretty sick...you will have to concentrate hard to ignore all the stare you're gonna get!

Back