New Bugs Thread as of April 9, 2023

I've never had that happen, but when I am around my car and it starts up, it takes control of my call. And when I change it back to phone only, Lucid will take control of my call again. And then I only realize when I can't hear the person anymore. That's kind of annoying. Had to turn off Bluetooth.

This is what I see happens in morning randomly my car play disappeared off Home Screen and don’t know how to get it back

Is this the same bug or diffent bug?
Randomly car play goes missing in home screen can I report it ??
View attachment 12876
Do you have two phones connected to the same profile?

This happens to me with my work phone and personal phone. Go back to devices in connectivity and select one of the two phones is what fixes it for me. Maybe you can try the same.

BUG: Auto park doesn't work, as far as I can tell. Sometimes it offers to park perpendicularly when it's pretty obviously a parallel parking situation, and at others, it simply doesn't see parking spots.

Is the car play bug the one where car play just disappears off the Home Screen ?
This happens to both me and my wife, every so often. There are two potentially related problems:

• CarPlay won't show up as an option, and can't be turned on from the "Devices and Connectivity" menu. It randomly fixes itself, most of the time.
  • CarPlay won't play Apple Music. Hitting play immediately returns to pause. Switching to bluetooth and back fixes it -- usually.
I think this has to do with multiple profiles, but it's too much trouble to verify.

This happens to both me and my wife, every so often. There are two potentially related problems:

• CarPlay won't show up as an option, and can't be turned on from the "Devices and Connectivity" menu. It randomly fixes itself, most of the time.
  • CarPlay won't play Apple Music. Hitting play immediately returns to pause. Switching to bluetooth and back fixes it -- usually.
I think this has to do with multiple profiles, but it's too much trouble to verify.
I only have one profile in my car, not worth setting up another profile for my wife who drives it less than 1% of the time. The good news is, I don't see the CarPlay issues you mention. Not sure if that's related.

BUG: Auto park doesn't work, as far as I can tell. Sometimes it offers to park perpendicularly when it's pretty obviously a parallel parking situation, and at others, it simply doesn't see parking spots.
There should be an option to select an orientation for parking. It also will not see spots that do not have an object to base the area where a spot would be i.e. a car or wall

There should be an option to select an orientation for parking. It also will not see spots that do not have an object to base the area where a spot would be i.e. a car or wall
This is the way.

I had the same two issues with CarPlay intermittently, and only have one profile. The first issue you mentioned has seemed to have resolved after I removed my phone, re-paired it, and did a reset of my phone. Now that I said it, hopefully it doesn’t come back! The second issue you mentioned does however still happen. Thankfully there’s the “Bluetooth” tap to use as a work around for now, but I too hope it’s resolved soon.

Maybe you are too far from the spot to get it to register as a parallel or there is the arrow circle that shows allowing you to swap the parking orientation. Or you possibly didn’t drive far enough past the other car past your spot for it to see its parallel parking.

Second part you need other vehicles there to see the spot. It does not track off lines. If there are vehicles, maybe you are too far from the other vehicles to register autopark capabilities. Try driving closer to the side you want to park on.

I do a lot of auto parks and it works all the time. But I’ve learned to get closer to see the spot better. And I drive past a little further to ensure spot visibility. Try those and report back with your results.

can Lucid make the auto unlock more reliable? it's always a hit or miss. I think i have a 50/50 success rate of auto unlocking while approaching the car with fob in pockets. sometimes double tapping the fob doesn't work and i have to try multiple times. I never setup mobile key because i heard fob is more reliable.

at the very least let me unlock the car by pressing the manual handle in the trunk just like how you can unlock by pressing the door handles. it's annoying to carry something to your trunk but you end up waiting for the car to auto unlock.

can Lucid make the auto unlock more reliable? it's always a hit or miss. I think i have a 50/50 success rate of auto unlocking while approaching the car with fob in pockets. sometimes double tapping the fob doesn't work and i have to try multiple times. I never setup mobile key because i heard fob is more reliable.

at the very least let me unlock the car by pressing the manual handle in the trunk just like how you can unlock by pressing the door handles. it's annoying to carry something to your trunk but you end up waiting for the car to auto unlock.
Have your entry antennas checked. @Bobby has more details l, but I think he had to have his rear one replaced and that made all the difference.

I never carry the fob unless I intend to valet.

Mobile key had been extremely reliable for me about 97% of the time. I recently had the antenna at the rear of the car replaced and it seems to have made it 100% reliable. Judging from posts here on the forum, iPhone mobile key seems to be much more reliable and simpler to use than android. Another good reason to visit your local Apple Store.

The fob suffers a problem with battery voltage. This is especially true if the battery has had “bitterant” applied to it. For more information on that, consult the FAQ at www.lucidupdates.com. The bottom line is, make sure you wipe any such battery with alcohol thoroughly before putting it in the key. if the battery is even slightly below desirable voltage, the fob can begin to fail. This isn’t only true of our fob, apparently the same problem can occur other electronics, like Apple AirTags.

Fob schmob.

Mobile key had been extremely reliable for me about 97% of the time. I recently had the antenna at the rear of the car replaced and it seems to have made it 100% reliable. Judging from posts here on the forum, iPhone mobile key seems to be much more reliable and simpler to use than android. Another good reason to visit your local Apple Store.

The fob suffers a problem with battery voltage. This is especially true if the battery has had “bitterant” applied to it. For more information on that, consult the FAQ at www.lucidupdates.com. The bottom line is, make sure you wipe any such battery with alcohol thoroughly before putting it in the key. if the battery is even slightly below desirable voltage, the fob can begin to fail. This isn’t only true of our fob, apparently the same problem can occur other electronics, like Apple AirTags.

Fob schmob.
Interesting. I might try the mobile keys and see if it's reliable.

I also only carry the fob for valet! I'm all about the digital key.

Interesting about the rear antenna. My trunk access is hit or miss. I've followed the "push the button on the trunk, wait for car to unlock and push again " advice and that works about 60% of the time. Otherwise I have to open the app to get it to open. I might make a stab at the rear antenna at some point.

Also interested in the rear antenna thing. My Mobile Tech told emphasized multiple times that the car does not have a key receptor towards the rear end of the car, and that is why the trunk cannot be unlocked when the car is asleep using the key proximity. I posted a thread on this forum and multiple members agreed that they had this problem as well.
If @Bobby had a rear antenna, did Lucid stop putting them in cars midway? Why would they do that? :/

Also interested in the rear antenna thing. My Mobile Tech told emphasized multiple times that the car does not have a key receptor towards the rear end of the car, and that is why the trunk cannot be unlocked when the car is asleep using the key proximity. I posted a thread on this forum and multiple members agreed that they had this problem as well.
If @Bobby had a rear antenna, did Lucid stop putting them in cars midway? Why would they do that? :/
I got my car in late December, and my car detects me approaching it from the rear almost 100% of the time. It takes a few extra moments sometimes, but it just about always opens up.

For a long time (pre-2.0.51), I had an issue with the Lane Departure setting re-enabling itself spontaneously, usually 1-5 days after I'd disabled it. 2.0.51 and later seemed to fix the problem and I didn't have to think about it again... until 2.1.x dropped. The first time it spontaneously re-enabled, I chalked it up to a reset coming from the new warning feature. The second time the intervention pulled me towards a gaggle of bicyclists I was trying to give space to. The work around of course is to set it to warning only, but I'd rather the setting stayed off like I intend it to.

Mobile key had been extremely reliable for me about 97% of the time.
the key Fob has been reliable 100% of the time for me. It is that 3% for the mobile key that would bother me.

the key Fob has been reliable 100% of the time for me. It is that 3% for the mobile key that would bother me.
Read it more carefully. What I said is it had been 97% reliable but after the replacement antenna it is now 100%.

Back