New 20" Wheel Design for Touring?

gavram

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I just noticed that the design of the standard Touring wheel changed on the Lucid website and now resembles the Dream Edition wheel...which I like. Is this recent?

1668435341767.png

Has to be a glitch. Those are the DE 21s.
I thought so too but the Dream Edition wheels on the site have the smaller side wall of a 21" tire, and more detail on the face of the wheel, while the Touring wheels show a larger side wall and a different design:
1668437529598.png
1668437550982.png

I see the "usual" 20s on the site right now. Probably a glitch in the browser for you.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 10.54.18 AM.png

I thought so too but the Dream Edition wheels on the site have the smaller side wall of a 21" tire, and more detail on the face of the wheel, while the Touring wheels show a larger side wall and a different design:
View attachment 6675View attachment 6676
Those are definitely 2 different wheels, very similar in looks but different!

It's only showing on the main landing page of the website for me (across browsers/devices) but configurator still shows Aero Lites...another view:
1668445449565.png

It's only showing on the main landing page of the website for me (across browsers/devices) but configurator still shows Aero Lites...another view:
View attachment 6682
Ah, Okay. I see that now. Weird. I hope they haven't changed the design. I definitely prefer the originals.

If I'm not mistaken, Lucid used the DE 21s as a placeholder for the actual 20s before they had a digital rendering way back when the configurator launched. Maybe that's where this glitch came from?

Back