Navigation Volume

ctonylee

Not having separate volume for navigation creates a horrible, crappy user experience.

Attachments

• PXL_20220602_201748245.jpg
    PXL_20220602_201748245.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 132
This is a known bug - they are aware of it and it is on their list of things to fi, FYI.

Hopefully fixed sooner rather than later

Yes I know and it hasn't bothered me until now, after a long trip, trying to use it and listen to music made it a horrible experience.
I totally agree it sucks. One of my least favorite things about the car. I want to kill nav lady, haha

So, just to make sure my expectations are aligned.

I will be getting a car where I need to use the garage door clicker as the most efficient mode to open/close my garage door.
I will be getting a car where I avoid Nav due to not being able to control the voice.
I will be getting a car without SiriusXM Satellite Radio, which is what I listen to 99.9% of the time in every one of my ICE vehicles.
I will be getting a car that most audio sources (other than AM/FM Radio and iffy BT sources) will go away if I am out of cell range.
I will be getting a car where my cell phone must be plugged in to charge and be seen.
I will be getting a car with questionably functional cupholders.

Good thing the actual drive part was so good during my test drive and most of the above looks like it can be fixed OTA. I don't really use cupholders too often and I generally don't have to charge my phone in the car.

I will be getting a car where I need to use the garage door clicker as the most efficient mode to open/close my garage door.
I will be getting a car where I avoid Nav due to not being able to control the voice.
I will be getting a car without SiriusXM Satellite Radio, which is what I listen to 99.9% of the time in every one of my ICE vehicles.
I will be getting a car that most audio sources (other than AM/FM Radio and iffy BT sources) will go away if I am out of cell range.
I will be getting a car where my cell phone must be plugged in to charge and be seen.

Good thing the actual drive part was so good during my test drive and most of the above looks like it can be fixed OTA. I don't really use cupholders too often and I generally don't have to charge my phone in the car.
Yes, but what the difference between a Homelink button and a clicker button
Yes
Yes
Yes, doesn't seem like BT is an issue on the majority of cars?
Kind of? Depends on your phone! But the to be seen part yes and I still can't find a phone mount
Kind of, cup holder work fine just like Homelink...questionable design choice for sure!

Reactions: NPN
Yes, but what the difference between a Homelink button and a clicker button
Yes
Yes
Yes, doesn't seem like BT is an issue on the majority of cars?
Kind of? Depends on your phone! But the to be seen part yes and I still can't find a phone mount
Kind of, cup holder work fine just like Homelink...questionable design choice for sure!
Evidently, from what I have seen here, it will be quicker and easier to use the clicker to close the garage door when I leave.
Not really sure about BT in other cars as I listen to SiriusXM Satellite Radio and am not forced to use BT other than in my 50+ year old Mustangs (works great in those so far.)

Anyone try one of those cup phone mounts from Weathertech? My son has one in the Volvo V60, might have to try it out if I ever get my car.

Evidently, from what I have seen here, it will be quicker and easier to use the clicker to close the garage door when I leave.
Not really sure about BT in other cars as I listen to SiriusXM Satellite Radio and am not forced to use BT other than in my 50+ year old Mustangs (works great in those so far.)

Anyone try one of those cup phone mounts from Weathertech? My son has one in the Volvo V60, might have to try it out if I ever get my car.
Problem is it's still super low and out of sight and the position is essentially the same as where the phone dock is located.

The way I deal with all of those pesky issues is to drive the damn car. One of the best drives I've ever had. I went out late at night a couple of days ago on a slow mostly empty freeway, put the baby in sprint mode and I had at it. Made me forget about all the ticky tack stuff that will certainly be fixed in upcoming updates. I hope you're reading this Lucid. Get it together, goodwill only goes so far with a $130,000 car!

You are correct. I have owned my GT for a few months and you are spot on with your list of deficiencies plus I could add more. Lack of communications is also an issue as all I hear is “it is an easy software fix” but no list or knowledge as to what is on that list or when they expect to resolve. A 150k car that you have to carry an antique garage opener to keep from being frustrated and not even being able to relax that frustration with my favorite XM station. Not sure I would buy again knowing what I know now.

• I will be getting a car where I need to use the garage door clicker as the most efficient mode to open/close my garage door.
    • Yes, the setup is not the fastest, but this is a pretty easy software fix. It doesn't bother me that much, however, I can see the frustration.
  • I will be getting a car where I avoid Nav due to not being able to control the voice.
    • I, too, would like to bludgeon the nav lady with a blunt object.
  • I will be getting a car without SiriusXM Satellite Radio, which is what I listen to 99.9% of the time in every one of my ICE vehicles.
    • No new manufacturer includes SiriusXM. It is only the legacy manufacturers. Tesla doesn't have it (or atleast didn't as of the last Tesla I drove), Rivian does not(atleast according to my Google-fu), Lucid does not. Its mainly in legacy cars as the manufacturers all have deals with either Sirius or XM from quite some time ago to install in all their cars. I don't believe SiriusXM is bribing new manufacturers the same way they did legacy ones.
    • My recommendation would be Bluetooth with your phone if you do not like the integrated offerings.
  • I will be getting a car that most audio sources (other than AM/FM Radio and iffy BT sources) will go away if I am out of cell range.
    • How is this different from any other car? No one has CD or cassette anymore. The only other source aside from AM/FM that others have is SiriusXM. This is also only in legacy manufacturers as mentioned above.
    • Have you had Bluetooth issues? I've not seen many reports of bluetooth not working. (In fact, it sometimes works tooooo good for some of us)
  • I will be getting a car where my cell phone must be plugged in to charge and be seen.
    • What do you mean by plugged in? There is NFC charging in the dock, as long as the phone fits (cases seem to be an issue for some, but in general they fit?).
  • I will be getting a car with questionably functional cupholders.
    • I think they designed the cupholders for what a human being should consume, not American cup sizes 😁

• I will be getting a car where I need to use the garage door clicker as the most efficient mode to open/close my garage door.
    • Yes, the setup is not the fastest, but this is a pretty easy software fix. It doesn't bother me that much, however, I can see the frustration.
  • I will be getting a car where I avoid Nav due to not being able to control the voice.
  • I will be getting a car without SiriusXM Satellite Radio, which is what I listen to 99.9% of the time in every one of my ICE vehicles.
    • No new manufacturer includes SiriusXM. It is only the legacy manufacturers. Tesla doesn't have it (or atleast didn't as of the last Tesla I drove), Rivian does not(atleast according to my Google-fu), Lucid does not. Its mainly in legacy cars as the manufacturers all have deals with either Sirius or XM from quite some time ago to install in all their cars. I don't believe SiriusXM is bribing new manufacturers the same way they did legacy ones.
    • My recommendation would be Bluetooth with your phone if you do not like the integrated offerings.
  • I will be getting a car that most audio sources (other than AM/FM Radio and iffy BT sources) will go away if I am out of cell range.
    • How is this different from any other car? No one has CD or cassette anymore. The only other source aside from AM/FM that others have is SiriusXM. This is also only in legacy manufacturers as mentioned above.
    • Have you had Bluetooth issues? I've not seen many reports of bluetooth not working. (In fact, it sometimes works tooooo good for some of us)
  • I will be getting a car where my cell phone must be plugged in to charge and be seen.
    • What do you mean by plugged in? There is NFC charging in the dock, as long as the phone fits (cases seem to be an issue for some, but in general they fit?).
    • I think they designed the cupholders for what a human being should consume, not American cup sizes 😁
Bravo on all points especially bashing the nav lady in the head!

Well, I have never owned a Tesla and don't plan to. I don't have use for Rivian either. This is my first EV and I will be comparing it to what I currently drive. EVERY single car I own can get SiriusXM radio and any car I might get instead of Lucid has SiriusXM Satellite radio. I do use the SiriusXM app via BT on my 50+ year old Mustangs. There is no reason Lucid could not have made this available. I can buy a head unit from Crutchfield that is SiriusXM ready. Lucid could have done that, but did not. Bottom Line, many feel that someone within Lucid had a "sirius" brain fart when they overlooked that offering. Just do a search, many have had had issues with inconsistent BT operation. SiriusXM over BT via the app is a bandaid. I am glad you have not had issues, but there are some of us who will be taking this car up into the mountains and areas with spotty cell service. I am expecting a frustrating experience in this respect, hope I am pleasantly surprised. I am not the only one that will miss SiriusXM Satellite Radio, but I will have to figure out an alternative, probably listening to downloaded playlists via BT AppleMusic or Spotify. There is a poll here and it looks like the Lucid Air will be the first EV for more than 50% (last I saw) of us here which means that most will be comparing this to what they currently drive, an ICE vehicle.

You made my point, there is ONE charging dock and it will only fit some phones. I am expecting it not to fit my phone though as I have a case and I definitely don't want to be taking the case on and off. Constantly shoving the phone in with the case on will, ultimately, damage the leather case, the Lucid cradle or both.

I generally do not use cupholders, but if I do, it is with a cup from a drive-thru, medium drink, certainly nothing huge. Since I don't have my car yet, I can't really see what the impact will be to my habits.

Last edited:
I just ordered this for my American appetite

Coricha Car Cup Holder Expander Phone Mount 3 in 1 Cup Holder Adapter Fits Hydro Flask, Yeti, Nalgene, Large 32/40 oz. Bottles & Big Drinks (Grey) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WHCLFMZ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_Z0ZZ10BFX167NX4EN5YM

Let us know how that works out. I like that it actually comes in Grey and I can get it delivered next week. Now, if I only had a car to put it in...

No new manufacturer includes SiriusXM. It is only the legacy manufacturers. Tesla doesn't have it (or atleast didn't as of the last Tesla I drove), Rivian does not(atleast according to my Google-fu), Lucid does not. Its mainly in legacy cars as the manufacturers all have deals with either Sirius or XM from quite some time ago to install in all their cars. I don't believe SiriusXM is bribing new manufacturers the same way they did legacy ones.

Polestar has Sirius XM. Tesla has it on the S and X, but not the 3 and Y. Rivian definitely does not have it.

Well, I have never owned a Tesla and don't plan to. I don't have use for Rivian either. This is my first EV and I will be comparing it to what I currently drive. EVERY single car I own can get SiriusXM radio and any car I might get instead of Lucid has SiriusXM Satellite radio. I do use the SiriusXM app via BT on my 50+ year old Mustangs. There is no reason Lucid could not have made this available. I can buy a head unit from Crutchfield that is SiriusXM ready. Lucid could have done that, but did not. Bottom Line, many feel that someone within Lucid had a "sirius" brain fart when they overlooked that offering. Just do a search, many have had had issues with inconsistent BT operation. SiriusXM over BT via the app is a bandaid. I am glad you have not had issues, but there are some of us who will be taking this car up into the mountains and areas with spotty cell service. I am expecting a frustrating experience in this respect, hope I am pleasantly surprised. I am not the only one that will miss SiriusXM Satellite Radio, but I will have to figure out an alternative, probably listening to downloaded playlists via BT AppleMusic or Spotify. There is a poll here and it looks like the Lucid Air will be the first EV for more than 50% (last I saw) of us here which means that most will be comparing this to what they currently drive, an ICE vehicle.

You made my point, there is ONE charging dock and it will only fit some phones. I am expecting it not to fit my phone though as I have a case and I definitely don't want to be taking the case on and off. Constantly shoving the phone in with the case on will, ultimately, damage the leather case, the Lucid cradle or both.

I generally do not use cupholders, but if I do, it is with a cup from a drive-thru, medium drink, certainly nothing huge. Since I don't have my car yet, I can't really see what the impact will be to my habits.
They didn't include XM because they didn't think it was important; clearly, neither did Rivian or Tesla's new vehicles. 🤷‍♂️

Also, a medium drive thru drink fits fine in the cupholder.

I, also, have not have any issues with the Bluetooth.

The phone holder is, indeed, a bad design. When that's among the worst criticisms of the car, I'd say it's a great success. :)

YMMV. Good luck.

My I Pace has SXM built-in, but I find myself using the Sirius app on CarPlay more often. For one, it allows me to stay on the CarPlay screen as opposed to having to get out of it to tune the radio. Also, there are more options and channels available on the app than on the standard tuner system. It seems that adding CarPlay would be the first priority because that would solve, at least for Apple users, the navigation issues, the satellite radio issues, and the phone/communication/contacts/texting issues.

And once again, you've missed the point about Sirius. It's satellite radio I need, because I spend a lot of time driving off the grid where there is no cell service. No steaming source will work. Apple CarPlay will not solve that. Though I want CarPlay too.

Back