Navigation Volume

And once again, you've missed the point about Sirius. It's satellite radio I need, because I spend a lot of time driving off the grid where there is no cell service. No steaming source will work. Apple CarPlay will not solve that. Though I want CarPlay too.
You don't need to stream - download music or podcasts onto your phone, play it over Bluetooth.

I have a lot of music on my phone (15,000 songs). But I like listening to a good DJ who will introduce me to new music in addition to playing familiar stuff. I haven't found a streaming service that does a good job of that.

What have you found to be the best service to download music to your phone? I have over 850 songs on a thumb drive but the ports on a Lucid are only for charging…..🙁

I own thousands of CDs and have ripped them on my computer, then synched from there to phone.

I use Apple Music. I find it works very well. And it can be integrated with Alexa. It can be used to play your library or stream.

Interesting... I had issues with satellite radio through mountains. One thing I will miss is my usb music stick... easily solved by loading it all on my phone.

Oh, and I find the mimick spotify xm Playlists pretty handy as well... no ads or talking either.

Is the issue with using a usb thumb drive or a usb connected phone a software issue? Is the port capable of allowing music to play pending a software update?

Is the issue with using a usb thumb drive or a usb connected phone a software issue? Is the port capable of allowing music to play pending a software update?
The two ports will only allow for charging and are not set up to read thumb drives. Who knows why. Even 35k cars will read thumb drives….

The two ports will only allow for charging and are not set up to read thumb drives. Who knows why. Even 35k cars will read thumb drives….
My understanding from a vehicle engineer is that they are *wired* for data but the software doesn’t allow it presently. My understanding is it likely will in the future.

• I will be getting a car where I need to use the garage door clicker as the most efficient mode to open/close my garage door.
    • Yes, the setup is not the fastest, but this is a pretty easy software fix. It doesn't bother me that much, however, I can see the frustration.
  • I will be getting a car where I avoid Nav due to not being able to control the voice.
    • I, too, would like to bludgeon the nav lady with a blunt object.
  • I will be getting a car without SiriusXM Satellite Radio, which is what I listen to 99.9% of the time in every one of my ICE vehicles.
    • No new manufacturer includes SiriusXM. It is only the legacy manufacturers. Tesla doesn't have it (or atleast didn't as of the last Tesla I drove), Rivian does not(atleast according to my Google-fu), Lucid does not. Its mainly in legacy cars as the manufacturers all have deals with either Sirius or XM from quite some time ago to install in all their cars. I don't believe SiriusXM is bribing new manufacturers the same way they did legacy ones.
    • My recommendation would be Bluetooth with your phone if you do not like the integrated offerings.
  • I will be getting a car that most audio sources (other than AM/FM Radio and iffy BT sources) will go away if I am out of cell range.
    • How is this different from any other car? No one has CD or cassette anymore. The only other source aside from AM/FM that others have is SiriusXM. This is also only in legacy manufacturers as mentioned above.
    • Have you had Bluetooth issues? I've not seen many reports of bluetooth not working. (In fact, it sometimes works tooooo good for some of us)
  • I will be getting a car where my cell phone must be plugged in to charge and be seen.
    • What do you mean by plugged in? There is NFC charging in the dock, as long as the phone fits (cases seem to be an issue for some, but in general they fit?).
  • I will be getting a car with questionably functional cupholders.
    • I think they designed the cupholders for what a human being should consume, not American cup sizes 😁
Minor clarification. Tesla Model S and X refresh do have SiriusXM. It was enabled after launch via a software update.

I am sure (usb stick, SXM, etc.) are not present because someone at Lucid senior management decided it was a good idea to do so. Removing hardware customers want is a bad idea. It is such a dumb thing to do that I do hope the hardware is present but the software needed to make them available is not ready.

Minor clarification. Tesla Model S and X refresh do have SiriusXM. It was enabled after launch via a software update.
Sounds liked it is not sat and is cellular based. In fact, Tesla does not show on SiriusXMs website.

I am sure (usb stick, SXM, etc.) are not present because someone at Lucid senior management decided it was a good idea to do so. Removing hardware customers want is a bad idea. It is such a dumb thing to do that I do hope the hardware is present but the software needed to make them available is not ready.
According to this article https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/21/...inate-the-dashboard-of-the-connected-car.html from NYTimes SiriusXM pays out a ton of cash per year in revenue sharing to legacy manufacturers, making up about 75% of the market in 2016. What this tells me is that they are no longer entering into those deals with any newer manufacturers, which is why you don’t see it with Lucid, Rivian, etc.

I’d say all of your issues are basically legitimate. I have a Model S parked next to my lucid and each day I decide which one I’m going to drive. The Model S has SiriusXM satellite radio that is all I listen to, the garage door opens and closes automatically when I come and go, the cup holders are the correct size, the nav works really well and actually routes around traffic jams and construction, my contacts and favorites load immediately, and the Model S is ready to drive as soon as I get in the car. Despite my Lucid having none of that, I have driven it every day for the past week because the drive and ride are so much better than the tesla. I’ve even tolerated several “events” like my screens not coming on and having to get out of the car to walk over and close the garage with the outdoor remote. This level of tolerance isn’t for everyone but right now it seems there are twice as many used Mercedes EQS for sale on cars.com than used Lucids which might imply Lucid isn’t alone or even leading the imperfect luxury EV category.

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to be a software beta tester. Not really the job of consumers purchasing a high end vehicle. But that’s the current state of affairs. When my vehicle went back to the service center right after delivery to fix an issue that was found at the service center before delivery, yet was still delivered, I wasn’t very happy and asked Lucid to keep the vehicle and refund my money. They politely declined and informed me they don’t have a return policy, so the car came back and I’ve actually enjoyed driving it despite the beta testing/unfinished software.

The only other thing I would add is that I use the Tesla autopilot for 2 1/2 hours of my three hour weekend commute to my lake home. It’s fantastic and I barely have to touch the wheel. I have no confidence whatsoever in a Lucid “Dream Drive” system that would run on this software architecture. The current platform is so laggy and buggy I don’t even trust it as a back up camera let alone as an autopilot. They have a long way to go toward a stable system before I would ever trust it for Level II or III autonomy.

That’s my two cents

I’d say all of your issues are basically legitimate. I have a Model S parked next to my lucid and each day I decide which one I’m going to drive. The Model S has SiriusXM satellite radio that is all I listen to, the garage door opens and closes automatically when I come and go, the cup holders are the correct size, the nav works really well and actually routes around traffic jams and construction, my contacts and favorites load immediately, and the Model S is ready to drive as soon as I get in the car. Despite my Lucid having none of that, I have driven it every day for the past week because the drive and ride are so much better than the tesla. I’ve even tolerated several “events” like my screens not coming on and having to get out of the car to walk over and close the garage with the outdoor remote. This level of tolerance isn’t for everyone but right now it seems there are twice as many used Mercedes EQS for sale on cars.com than used Lucids which might imply Lucid isn’t alone or even leading the imperfect luxury EV category.

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to be a software beta tester. Not really the job of consumers purchasing a high end vehicle. But that’s the current state of affairs. When my vehicle went back to the service center right after delivery to fix an issue that was found at the service center before delivery, yet was still delivered, I wasn’t very happy and asked Lucid to keep the vehicle and refund my money. They politely declined and informed me they don’t have a return policy, so the car came back and I’ve actually enjoyed driving it despite the beta testing/unfinished software.

The only other thing I would add is that I use the Tesla autopilot for 2 1/2 hours of my three hour weekend commute to my lake home. It’s fantastic and I barely have to touch the wheel. I have no confidence whatsoever in a Lucid “Dream Drive” system that would run on this software architecture. The current platform is so laggy and buggy I don’t even trust it as a back up camera let alone as an autopilot. They have a long way to go toward a stable system before I would ever trust it for Level II or III autonomy.

That’s my two cents
Have you used the Lucid ACC? It’s honestly the best I’ve ever used in a car.

Agreed on the rest.

Have you used the Lucid ACC? It’s honestly the best I’ve ever used in a car.

Agreed on the rest.
Yes, I did the drive in the Lucid and the ACC did well, much smoother in transitions than the Tesla or my previous S550. The lane keep assist and attention assist on the other hand were not so tolerable on the highway. More bothersome than useful.

Yes, I did the drive in the Lucid and the ACC did well, much smoother in transitions than the Tesla or my previous S550. The lane keep assist and attention assist on the other hand were not so tolerable on the highway. More bothersome than useful.
Yeah that one is much more “dependent on the user”. I don’t mind it, wife hates it.

I am excited for Highway assist, based on how well ACC works

Back