Navigation Settings

LucidNC

Verified Owner
Is there Navigation settings somewhere that restrict (or filter) routes? Perhaps by selecting only roads w/o Tolls or highway preferences, etc.?

Whenever I use Lucid Navigation, it is awful (in selecting routes). I end up having to go to my phone and use an app (Apple Maps, Waze, or Google Maps).

This is especially painful for longer trips. Yesterday, for example, I was trying to use Lucid navigation and the route it gave me seemed very long (4h 56m, 220 mi). So, I launched my 3 phone apps for comparison and the Lucid Navigation route was more than 1 hour longer than the others (Apple Maps: 3h 32m, 171 mi ... Google Maps: 3h 42m, 167 mi ... Waze: 3h 43m, 185 mi)

I realize that someday (hopefully soon), Apple Carplay and Android Auto will be released, but until then I'd like to use Navigation (so that I don't have to keep pulling my phone off the charger).

I'm hoping that there are some Lucid Navigation filters/settings that I don't know about.
Thx

Attachments

• AppleMaps.PNG
    AppleMaps.PNG
    103.2 KB · Views: 120
  • GoogleMaps.PNG
    GoogleMaps.PNG
    119.8 KB · Views: 112
  • LucidNav.jpeg
    LucidNav.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Waze.PNG
    Waze.PNG
    39.4 KB · Views: 114
I don't think so, best I can see is when you input a destination, SOMETIMES it will give you 3 options to choose from. Other times it will not.

Sounds like the Lucid Nav assumes you just like driving the car so much that it opts for a route to give you more enjoyment.

I have favorite routes to avoid some of the highways or main roads (especially in tourist season), so after I have entered a destination I add a stop or two along the way to set it up. I would really like a way to "save trip", meaning not just the destination, but also the exact route chosen as a "favorite".

Maybe in Lucid extra 40 miles route, she figured you forgot to give her a recharge. She wants to pass by charging stations to remind you.

I don't think so, best I can see is when you input a destination, SOMETIMES it will give you 3 options to choose from. Other times it will not.
ugh.. btw, the route I selected was the shortest/quickest of the 3 suggestions.

Lucid chose to use HERE mapping, a second-rate choice. They could've licensed Google Automotive Services on top of their AAOS, and had built-in industry-leading Google Navigation and Google Assistant. Instead, we'll have to access them through Android Auto when it becomes available.

We had the same issue with our Tesla - my wife didn't trust the navigation. She always double-checked it against Google, and she was right to, as Google generally presented a better route. It quickly diminished her opinion of the car.

We had the same issue with our Tesla - my wife didn't trust the navigation. She always double-checked it against Google, and she was right to, as Google generally presented a better route. It quickly diminished her opinion of the car.
I like Google Map in P*2. But sometimes, it keeps doing, “rerouting… recalculation… rerouting…” nonstop as it is confused…

F.Y.I. I copied this right out of the manual under navigation. All Lucid routes are EV routes. Lucid EV routes are integrated with your vehicle range and consumption profile. It considers not just the current state of charge, road profile, temperature, Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and traffic conditions, but it also predicts your unique vehicle consumption over time under those conditions.

F.Y.I. I copied this right out of the manual under navigation. All Lucid routes are EV routes. Lucid EV routes are integrated with your vehicle range and consumption profile. It considers not just the current state of charge, road profile, temperature, Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and traffic conditions, but it also predicts your unique vehicle consumption over time under those conditions.
Google does the same if you toggle on "EV" in the settings.

Ah ha! Maybe it will even skip country in paved road for my 21” Pirelli tires.

That would make sense as there are no EV chargers on the route(s) I normally would take .. but, the trip is less than 200 mi. .. On a full charge, range should not be a problem. I've made that same trip a number of times in our Tesla MY (w/ 318 max range) and always had plenty of charge left. .. I'll keep watching for the CarPlay announcement I guess 🙄

Another reason that I want CarPlay. I can use Waze instead of the Lucid Navigation

Where do you set this?
I mis-remembered. This is a property of Google Maps and navigation in the version of Google Maps/nav app that is part of GAS for AAOS and currently appears on (at least) Polestar, Volvo, and Cadillac EVs. The regular mobile phone maps app has a setting to choose compatible EV plugs and another to favor energy-optimized routes, but does not do any EV energy usage prediction.

I mis-remembered. This is a property of Google Maps and navigation in the version of Google Maps/nav app that is part of GAS for AAOS and currently appears on (at least) Polestar, Volvo, and Cadillac EVs. The regular mobile phone maps app has a setting to choose compatible EV plugs and another to favor energy-optimized routes, but does not do any EV energy usage prediction.
Yeah that makes sense. That’s one huge benefit of the Lucid Nav, but I also haven’t had any issues with the nav since 2.0 so I’m perfectly happy.

Yeah that makes sense. That’s one huge benefit of the Lucid Nav, but I also haven’t had any issues with the nav since 2.0 so I’m perfectly happy.
I have not had any issues with the NAV. It is just not good at all picking routes and I cannot customize it to avoid certain roads.

New owner/user. Is there a way to save other destinations in Lucid nav besides home and work?

New owner/user. Is there a way to save other destinations in Lucid nav besides home and work?
It saves your previous searches in a list, but I don't think that you can create more buttons. I would like an option to manage the buttons.

Back