• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

My Air touring has a cracked windshield and been in the shop for 11 weeks with no end in sight

Johnboy

Cars
Grand Touring
It’s so bad that I’m going to have to buy another car!!! Don’t buy one if youre thinking about it. They can’t service the car if anything goes wrong……..I’m sorry I trusted them

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they not even give you an ETA? They have the windshields, I guess they only want to use them to produce new vehicles?

I thought a few members had a windshield replaced already? They must have some on hand , no?

Wait… you have a Touring? Can you post a couple pictures of it?

Screenshot_20220911_191850_Chrome.jpg

That's awful :(

Do you have email exchange screenshots you can show us? Maybe we can tweet at Rawlinson/Lucid to raise awareness for this issue, it's totally unacceptable.

That's awful :(

Do you have email exchange screenshots you can show us? Maybe we can tweet at Rawlinson/Lucid to raise awareness for this issue, it's totally unacceptable.
Because it's not true.

I sure wish it were not true. Can’t share a screen shot without going to the shop where it is sitting waiting for parts. It’s not at a Lucid service center as I live in DFW area and there is none. Lucid contracted with Mercedes to handle there body work in Texas. Mercedes is waiting for parts. Hope you naysayers don’t have it happen to you. It’s been in the shop longer then I possessed it!! I’ll need to be re-oriented to operate it! Anyone want to buy it as is?

You must have at least one picture taken when you got it delivered. Post it here...
I mean how can you not....

I sure wish it were not true. Can’t share a screen shot without going to the shop where it is sitting waiting for parts. It’s not at a Lucid service center as I live in DFW area and there is none. Lucid contracted with Mercedes to handle there body work in Texas. Mercedes is waiting for parts. Hope you naysayers don’t have it happen to you. It’s been in the shop longer then I possessed it!! I’ll need to be re-oriented to operate it! Anyone want to buy it as is?
If your situation is true, did you get customer care involved? You could also get your DA involved and he could push the problem up to Zac Edson, Director of Sales and Service. I would bet that if he knew about the problem, he could override the bureaucracy and get it fixed. Worth a try.

Have you had any other issues with the car? Based on your previous posts, you've had since at least April. Just trying to understand your experience. When did you take delivery?

Agree with @DaveyBoyGT that you should escalate if you're not getting anywhere on the repairs...

I have been having TERRIBLE customer service here in DFW as well. I get absolutely NO response via email or via texting (the service advisors). I still can't get the title to my car sent to the bank, and the bank has been after me about it. I feel bad for @Johnboy, I don't have the level of problems he has but certainly have several (steering wheel is waiting to be replaced, trunk closing issues, epoxy holding felt onto trunk has come off, left window doesn't close properly intermittently) and still no title. Emails unanswered over several weeks (3 weeks now), radio silence from techs locally. I think if you have a service center near where you live they are better, but for us in DFW it is bad. What pisses me off is the horrible customer service from corporate. It is so bad I sent emails to the sales team ,but they too haven't answered back. I don't own a Tesla, and have seen how everyone lambasts them for bad service. Seems that Lucid hired all the same poor customer service people from Tesla and the experience for me is not much better than what people describe for Tesla. Folks in California and Arizona seem to have good service and maybe Houston because they have a service center. Not us though. Car is still a good piece of engineering, but major advantages of a "Legacy" carmaker is that you can take the car into their dealership and they fix it.

Why would Lucid partner with Mercedes? This makes no sense at all. Every case where a car has needed to be fixed regardless of having a local Service Center it's been towed to the nearest one. If that's the line you're being fed then you should be escalating and as others have pointed out, they've had cracked windshields replaced pretty quickly.

if DFW is that bad then i'd be asking for a meeting with Zak Edson. He's pretty quick to respond and get things moving also.

Post some evidence or proof that it's been in the shop for 11 weeks for a windshield replacement so that Lucid gets the negative PR they would deserve. Let it run in the news.

Although I’m generally reluctant to jump to the conclusion that a poster is being untruthful — including in this case — I find the notion that any car would be in the shop for 11+ weeks for a windshield replacement extremely implausible.

My car had a battery management system part and vehicle control unit replaced in 5 weeks. In both instances it took Lucid about a week to get the part delivered. There is no shortage on glass given how many cars are coming off the production line so someone is feeding you some BS or not doing their job properly if you've been waiting 11 weeks.

Back