Music stops when lane departure flashes red

ajroxstar

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Sometimes the car will flash in red the lane departure warning and music will stop for a few seconds and annoying beeping will continue for up to 10 seconds. I've noticed this sometimes when driving on the highway. If my car slightly gets out the lane it will go off. Is there a way to make the lane departure just a visual warning (flashing red line on screen display) with no audible alert so the carplay music does not stop. I cannot seem to see a setting for this.. Does anyone else find this super annoying?

The audible warning stops as soon steering measure is taken…..so not sure about the 10 seconds you mentioned. I think it’s a great feature with both audible and visual alerts 🔔.
One should not be thinking of listening to or complaining about music interruption while drifting away from the lane….potentially causing an accident. However, I agree that the lane departure sensitivity does need some improvements.

Sometimes the car will flash in red the lane departure warning and music will stop for a few seconds and annoying beeping will continue for up to 10 seconds. I've noticed this sometimes when driving on the highway. If my car slightly gets out the lane it will go off. Is there a way to make the lane departure just a visual warning (flashing red line on screen display) with no audible alert so the carplay music does not stop. I cannot seem to see a setting for this.. Does anyone else find this super annoying?
I have had that happen as well. I guess the idea is if you need to take control the car takes away your distractions. That being said, the red flash and warning goes off sometimes while i am driving in the middle of the lane and looking directly at the road. I don’t know what it is that the system is looking at, but whatever it is, it doesn’t work properly.

This is a safety feature. In a shot period of time if you depart from the line for first three times it will just flash red and chime. When it happens for the 4th time or the 3rd time in this short period, it will stop all the audio including if you are in a phone call 😅 and continues the red flashing and chiming for 10sec. In my opinion this is a great way of making us pay attention rather than annoying.

On my first day, during 3 hour drive back from studio I turned off mine. The car tends to keep right. Instrument cluster flashes red warning even when my left tires have not crossed the left white line.

I figured I'll get used to it but after driving 4500 miles, most of it interstates, I am still not comfortable turning on my lane departure warning/intervention.

I drove Lucid loaner with DD pro for a 1200 mile road trip and basically had the same experience. The car sticks to the right lane marker sometimes even crossed it during right turns. Stays uncomfortably close to the car/truck next to me. That said, fine tuning on turns and Highway Assist will be comparable to Tesla Autopilot on highways.

Back