Munro's first engineering evaluation of the Air

Screenshot_20230328-061742.png

Doubt this becomes a huge issue but if you are worried, rotate the clamps into a orientation where nothing pokes the adjacent hose?

Worse case, you can make a plastic bracket that spaces out each individual line. Similar to what you see for brake lines. They are already using something similar to hold the hardline, an inch to the left of the hose clamps.

Screenshot_20230328-062054.png

Several of us (including me) have already had that cooling hose leak from the exact reason they mentioned in the video. Was told by CS that the hose clamp had broken off and rubbed a hole in the hose. I imaging the Lucid engineers are figuring out a way to prevent it from happening.

Several of us (including me) have already had that cooling hose leak from the exact reason they mentioned in the video. Was told by CS that the hose clamp had broken off and rubbed a hole in the hose. I imaging the Lucid engineers are figuring out a way to prevent it from happening.

Wow. That kinda boggles my mind that they would have overlooked something that obvious.

But, then again, try to plug a USB stick into the port inside the front console.

Wow. That kinda boggles my mind that they would have overlooked something that obvious.

But, then again, try to plug a USB stick into the port inside the front console.
Those ports inside the console were definitely meant for sticking in a charging cable once and leaving it there forever. They did not have USB Sticks in mind, for sure.

My car had almost 17,000 miles on it, which I assume it one of the higher-mileage Lucids out there. But no leak. Did CS say whether this problem is restricted to some cars or is something they're finding on all of them?

My car had almost 17,000 miles on it, which I assume it one of the higher-mileage Lucids out there. But no leak. Did CS say whether this problem is restricted to some cars or is something they're finding on all of them?
They didn’t say. My guess it is just the “luck of the draw”. but if they are getting a high enough frequency, they will have to figure out a fix.

They didn’t say. My guess it is just the “luck of the draw”. but if they are getting a high enough frequency, they will have to figure out a fix.
Looking at the picture if that clamp is rotated just 1/4 turn inwards, it opens up the edge of the clip to cutting that hose as opposed to its position in the video.

Will this allow charging AND USB media at the same time?
Looks like it slows down charging significantly. Check the fine print.

This is true for a lot of hubs, unfortunately. It basically has to split the power between the ports.

On the bright side, it seems to be pretty quick, speed-wise. So if you mainly need it for USB stick listening, and you charge wirelessly (as I do) it probably won't be a problem. You can also just use the USB-C port for charging.

Nothings on th underside is exposed the way it was in the video. You can see a fully intact underbelly from this video.

My dirty mind starts to think "underside" of you know what. Still Lucid is more attractive :)

Add me to this list.

Interesting how a couple months ago, Sandy Munro said they would not be tearing down a Lucid because no other OEMs wanted to buy their research.

I talked to my brother about this, as he follows Sandy Munro much more closely than I. He said Munro does not tear down every car he reviews, sometimes just doing an undercarriage view (as in these two videos) followed by separate driving, ADAS, exterior panel, and interior reviews. He also said that a few weeks back Munro mentioned that they had acquired the rear drive unit and a battery pack from a Lucid (presumably one that had been wrecked). He thinks those are the components Munro will tear down, not the ones from the car in this video.

Yep works perfectly
The power being split among the hub is my biggest reason to avoid these. Because the wireless charger charges my phone pretty slowly already. Only an OEM cable can fast charge it, and I have to rely on the usb-c because there's no 12-v adapter up front.

the usb and c and rear are all daisy chained so yes users where not truly considered but i run my PI and charge just fine lower charge rate but whats the rush .
20230328_122431.jpg

Looks like it slows down charging significantly. Check the fine print.

This is true for a lot of hubs, unfortunately. It basically has to split the power between the ports
So be sure the kids dont plug in the back as it is all interconnected charger c port usb port etc .......

So be sure the kids dont plug in the back as it is all interconnected charger c port usb port etc .......
Ahh. So it's all sharing one big controller? All four ports? Figures. Gigantic battery onboard, and it shares power like a stingy 5-year old. I guess that helps avoid people complaining about range loss.

Back