Lucid Gravity

Decision decision…

Rivian R1S
Lotus Eletre
MB EQS SUV
Polestar 3
Lucid Gravity

Decision decision…

We're finally getting some real choices in the EV space.

The recent "Throttle House" review of the R1S resolved my last doubts about canceling the reservation I've had since February 2019. (I haven't done it yet, but I've ignored the last two emails asking me to do the final configuration -- four years after I reserved.)

"Throttle House" loved the R1T pickup, except for the software and user interfaces, which they really disliked. However, they found the R1S ride and handling much degraded from the pickup, probably due in part to the much shorter wheelbase. They also found, as have other reviewers, that the third row can really accommodate only children comfortably. That was the deal-breaker for me, as we're looking for an EV to replace our very roomy Honda Odyssey at some point.

The recent "Throttle House" review of the R1S resolved my last doubts about canceling the reservation I've had since February 2019. (I haven't done it yet, but I've ignored the last two emails asking me to do the final configuration -- four years after I reserved.)

"Throttle House" loved the R1T pickup, except for the software and user interfaces, which they really disliked. However, they found the R1S ride and handling much degraded from the pickup, probably due in part to the much shorter wheelbase. They also found, as have other reviewers, that the third row can really accommodate only children comfortably. That was the deal-breaker for me, as we're looking for an EV to replace our very roomy Honda Odyssey at some point.
Ditto this, cancelled my R1S reservation after doing my First Mile with it.

Rivian R1S
Lotus Eletre
MB EQS SUV
Polestar 3
Lucid Gravity

Decision decision…
Also Volvo's EX90 once it is available with Lidar.

Yes, I watched that video made me think about R1S twice. I also watched Kim Java’s review saying R1S is not as quiet as her Model-X. But as for now, that R1S is roomiest SUV EV on the market. Then later I see Rivian is 400 volt with big battery with weak charging curve….. Grrrr…

TBH, I really like R1S clean modern look outside as Range Rover, but I like MB EQS SUV interior way more. I am very torned. I think I may find compromising ground in Lucid Gravity with 900 volt fast charging, cabin space and luxury, however Gravity exterior design is still enigma to me.

What I found out Rivian is trying to do their motor and battery in-house like Tesla and Lucid, but their engineering is not up there yet, so maybe wait for later generation of Rivian? I’m not canceling my order, but I am very tempted to just go online and bid an R1S.

Also Volvo's EX90 once it is available with Lidar.
Revised… (luxury SUV EV not a cross over)

Rivian R1S
MB EQS SUV
Polestar 3
Lucid Gravity
Volvo EX90

Rivian R1S
MB EQS SUV
Lucid Gravity
Polestar 3
Volvo EX90
BMW iX

I think I pretty covered all? Did I miss anyone? I want 3rd row option like our Honda Odyssey for my wife and her side of family visiting.

Yes, I watched that video made me think about R1S twice. I also watched Kim Java’s review saying R1S is not as quiet as her Model-X. But as for now, that R1S is roomiest SUV EV on the market. Then later I see Rivian is 400 volt with big battery with weak charging curve….. Grrrr…

TBH, I really like R1S clean modern look outside as Range Rover, but I like MB EQS SUV interior way more. I am very torned. I think I may find compromising ground in Lucid Gravity with 900 volt fast charging, cabin space and luxury, however Gravity exterior design is still enigma to me.

What I found out Rivian is trying to do their motor and battery in-house like Tesla and Lucid, but their engineering is not up there yet, so maybe wait for later generation of Rivian? I’m not canceling my order, but I am very tempted to just go online and bid an R1S.

While the lack of third-row space makes the R1S a non-starter for us, I wouldn't argue that it should not be considered by other buyers for whom that is not a concern. I think Rivian has engineered a very clever and robust vehicle for some uses. While I really like "Throttle House" reviews, I take theirs as well as all other reviews with a grain of salt. What looms as a big issue for one reviewer is often not something that bothers me at all or, even if it does, is of less magnitude than the reviewer made it out to be.

Rivian R1S
Lotus Eletre
MB EQS SUV
Polestar 3
Lucid Gravity

Decision decision…
Will take this year if available:
Hummer SUV Edition 1 - Sometime this year??
Lotus Eletre - 2023 if I can get the 900HP version.

Will watch for next year or beyound:
Rivian R1S - 2024ish
Lincoln Navigator EV - 2025ish maybe
Lucid Gravity - Maybe once Lucid gets their act together.

Ditto this, cancelled my R1S reservation after doing my First Mile with it.
I’m going to Venice Hub next week to test drive.

Rivian R1S
MB EQS SUV
Lucid Gravity
Polestar 3
Volvo EX90
BMW iX

I think I pretty covered all? Did I miss anyone? I want 3rd row option like our Honda Odyssey for my wife and her side of family visiting.
Ioniq 7, Kia EV9, Porsche Macan EV

Phantom customer service. 🤣
11EE4E45-FC6A-43B3-B526-C9CE42632D84.png

Please let us know what you think. I really like the design but I think it is a very poorly run company, with borderline dishonest messaging at times.

I was supposed to receive my R1S in the July through October window, but lost my window when I just reconfigured to get what I thought was a more available interior. Apparently Rivian sent out an email with fine print late last year that said that reconfiguring will now cause a loss of the delivery window. When I called Rivian “customer support” to plead my case, I was pretty much told to pound sand and wait for my new window when they update everyone later this month.

Short story long, don’t reconfigure your R1S!

Kind of thinking I'm going to sell my Rivian reservation somehow, since I reserved before the price increase. They don't allow you to transfer the reservation, but I know a couple of people that wouldn't mind jumping the line.

Please let us know what you think. I really like the design but I think it is a very poorly run company, with borderline dishonest messaging at times.

I was supposed to receive my R1S in the July through October window, but lost my window when I just reconfigured to get what I thought was a more available interior. Apparently Rivian sent out an email with fine print late last year that said that reconfiguring will now cause a loss of the delivery window. When I called Rivian “customer support” to plead my case, I was pretty much told to pound sand and wait for my new window when they update everyone later this month.

Short story long, don’t reconfigure your R1S!
New windows will be released after midnight today and every 3 months afterwards. You didn't necessarily loose your window, they will recalculate the window based on the changes you made. It may push out or pull in or stay the same, who knows? I'm waiting to see if my Oct-Dec 23 window for my R1S changes as well.

New windows will be released after midnight today and every 3 months afterwards. You didn't necessarily loose your window, they will recalculate the window based on the changes you made. It may push out or pull in or stay the same, who knows? I'm waiting to see if my Oct-Dec 23 window for my R1S changes as well.
I didn’t realize that was happening tonight. Good luck to both of us!

Back