Lucid V BMW

Doc B

Cars
Lucid Pure
For whatever it's worth, I owned a BMW i5 for 18 months and had two complete drive train failures with fewer than 9000 miles. Granted, that may be an outlier, but BMW, deciding it was a safety risk to return the car, agreed to a buyback. I now have a Lucid Air. Tech problems aside, I MUCH prefer the Lucid. It looks beautiful, drives beautifully, and outperforms the i5. At least that is this man's opinion. I don't regret the switch from BMW to Lucid.

The electric i5 has only been out for only one year. So are you talking about an ICE 5 series or an i4?

Agree the GT is the best DD and also most frustrating one at the same time I’ve owned.
lol

For whatever it's worth, I owned a BMW i5 for 18 months and had two complete drive train failures with fewer than 9000 miles. Granted, that may be an outlier, but BMW, deciding it was a safety risk to return the car, agreed to a buyback. I now have a Lucid Air. Tech problems aside, I MUCH prefer the Lucid. It looks beautiful, drives beautifully, and outperforms the i5. At least that is this man's opinion. I don't regret the switch from BMW to Lucid.
As I said, both great cars with many alluring aspects that will turn prospective buyers one way or the other. Being on the BMW i4 forum too, your experience is certainly both unfortunate and an outlier.

My M50 has been flawless, but it has 3K miles on it. I would expect more out of a Lucid, as it costs much more. My M50 has just about every option BMW offers and custom purple paint, and it was topped out at 84K. The Lucid is more than that if you're getting the touring. So I'd expect more performance for more money

Which Lucid did you get?

My M50 has been flawless, but it has 3K miles on it. I would expect more out of a Lucid, as it costs much more. My M50 has just about every option BMW offers and custom purple paint, and it was topped out at 84K. The Lucid is more than that if you're getting the touring. So I'd expect more performance for more money
Spend more money and find out.

Well, expectations are like chocolates (assholes) you never know what you gonna get.

Spend more money and find out.

Well, expectations are like chocolates (assholes) you never know what you gonna get.
Waiting for the Gravity. The M50 is the wife's car, I have an R1T so I need something to replace that.

Back