Lucid start to drive time

My experience is:

1. From waiting outside the door to door handle popping out: anywhere from instantaneous to indefinite (always happens if car is awake, variable when car is asleep). But I’ve had 100% success with the handle push method which usually pops out the handle in about 1-3 seconds.
2. From door handle popping out to ready to back out of garage: about 15 seconds if car is in deep sleep; almost immediate if car is awake.

My experience is:

1. From waiting outside the door to door handle popping out: anywhere from instantaneous to indefinite (always happens if car is awake, variable when car is asleep). But I’ve had 100% success with the handle push method which usually pops out the handle in about 1-3 seconds.
2. From door handle popping out to ready to back out of garage: about 15 seconds if car is in deep sleep; almost immediate if car is awake.
and that includes backup cameras and ability to hit garage door buttons? While driving is relatively quick, the other ancillary systems are the ones that block me.

and that includes backup cameras and ability to hit garage door buttons? While driving is relatively quick, the other ancillary systems are the ones that block me.
Yes to back up camera. I don’t have a lot of delay usually with that one. The surround camera is more delayed but I thankfully don’t have to rely on that one too often. Still, of course I’d love for all systems to turn on instantly.

In terms of homelink, I’m not sure how long that takes to wake up because when I leave my garage I use a clicker. When I approach my house, the homelink pops up automatically and works perfectly every single time.

Yes to back up camera. I don’t have a lot of delay usually with that one. The surround camera is more delayed but I thankfully don’t have to rely on that one too often. Still, of course I’d love for all systems to turn on instantly.

In terms of homelink, I’m not sure how long that takes to wake up because when I leave my garage I use a clicker. When I approach my house, the homelink pops up automatically and works perfectly every single time.
homelink - I have a garage AND a gate. Having them auto-click based on geofencing would be awesome. Bringing the widget up with fewer clicks when I'm starting the car @ home would be great. Having the widget close before I can click both is a bit annoying.

homelink - I have a garage AND a gate. Having them auto-click based on geofencing would be awesome. Bringing the widget up with fewer clicks when I'm starting the car @ home would be great. Having the widget close before I can click both is a bit annoying.
I'm complaining a bit, but all of this stuff is truly simple software updates - I'm just so close to it feeling like magic!!

Totally agree! Yes the software is buggy and annoying more often than I’d like, but the degree of improvement already via OTA updates is encouraging and the car is still a pleasure to drive despite the bugs in my opinion.

My benchmark, for now, is my wife's AMG EQS. When I walk up to it, the door handles always come out, and stay out, I sit down and all of the screen come on and its ready to go. So take note Lucid software guys, made my DE work as well and I will be very happy!

My benchmark, for now, is my wife's AMG EQS. When I walk up to it, the door handles always come out, and stay out, I sit down and all of the screen come on and its ready to go. So take note Lucid software guys, made my DE work as well and I will be very happy!
That is the advantage of going with an established car maker like MB or BMW. A lot of the software will be more mature. For me, an added benefit is that the BMW/MB dealers are only four miles away for easy drop off (and getting a loaner) if service is needed. The disadvantages are less range and visual dynamics.

How do you wake up the car with the door handles? For example if the keys are in the car, how do I open it?

That is the advantage of going with an established car maker like MB or BMW. A lot of the software will be more mature. For me, an added benefit is that the BMW/MB dealers are only four miles away for easy drop off (and getting a loaner) if service is needed. The disadvantages are less range and visual dynamics.
I really don't have any problem with the car waking up. In fact, anytime I go into my garage, as soon as I open the door from the house, the car wakes up immediately even though it is on the other side of our three car garage. I find this somewhat annoying because there are many times I am going into the garage for various reasons unrelated to my Lucid. So then I have to get out my fob or my iPhone and immediately lock the car. If I don't it will self lock when I leave the garage but sometimes I'm staying there for a while doing other stuff and I don't want the car firing itself up. Regarding start up time, I find it very acceptable. By the time I get into the car and fasten my seat belt, as soon as I put my foot on the brake it is ready to go. By the time I exit the garage all the displays are fully functional. The only problem I do still have is the steps required to get to Homelink to close the garage door.

I really don't have any problem with the car waking up. In fact, anytime I go into my garage, as soon as I open the door from the house, the car wakes up immediately even though it is on the other side of our three car garage. I find this somewhat annoying because there are many times I am going into the garage for various reasons unrelated to my Lucid. So then I have to get out my fob or my iPhone and immediately lock the car. If I don't it will self lock when I leave the garage but sometimes I'm staying there for a while doing other stuff and I don't want the car firing itself up. Regarding start up time, I find it very acceptable. By the time I get into the car and fasten my seat belt, as soon as I put my foot on the brake it is ready to go. By the time I exit the garage all the displays are fully functional. The only problem I do still have is the steps required to get to Homelink to close the garage door.
Agree w garage door/home link. Probably the piece that is most debilitating- in most cases I don’t need an immediate surround view to pull out of the garage, but I do need the ability to open the garage/gate.

I don’t have problem with responsiveness of home link. I can use it for community gate and home garage. However, I can only store 2. When I store 3rd remote for another residence, it immediately not able to connect the first one saved. I have submitted to Customer Care to get that fixed in future update.

Thanks! I've pushed on the door handle, it appears to get "stuck". I assumed I shouldn't be doing that :)
It gets stuck inward, if it doesn't detect some kind of key (fob or mobile). You can go around and press all the handles in at this point. They will pop back out when the car unlocks - or maybe they time out.

I don’t have problem with responsiveness of home link. I can use it for community gate and home garage. However, I can only store 2. When I store 3rd remote for another residence, it immediately not able to connect the first one saved. I have submitted to Customer Care to get that fixed in future update.
For completeness, in case Lucid engineers are monitoring this thread - my homelink issues are threefold -
a) takes too long to be available after getting in the car (see earlier in this thread - takes > 60 seconds in my case)
b) hard to get to - lack of automatic open via geofence, no access to homelink when I'm parking mode (just always make the buttons available when I'm parking! Don't make me dismiss the cameras or fiddle with the profile/homelink button)
c) learned homelink remotes are not available for 2nd driver profile (!). You have to re-program the car for the 2nd and 3rd driver. That's not how any car I've ever owned works.

For completeness, in case Lucid engineers are monitoring this thread - my homelink issues are threefold -
a) takes too long to be available after getting in the car (see earlier in this thread - takes > 60 seconds in my case)
b) hard to get to - lack of automatic open via geofence, no access to homelink when I'm parking mode (just always make the buttons available when I'm parking! Don't make me dismiss the cameras or fiddle with the profile/homelink button)
c) learned homelink remotes are not available for 2nd driver profile (!). You have to re-program the car for the 2nd and 3rd driver. That's not how any car I've ever owned works.
All these problems have been mentioned before. To make sure Lucid really sees them, you should email [email protected]. Many of us have emailed them these problems, but a few extra requests may be just enough to get this issue prioritized.

As an aside, the Geofencing does work, but only when arriving. It would also be nice to be able to reset the geofencing after the HomeLink is programmed, by either being at the location or setting it on a map/address.

All these problems have been mentioned before. To make sure Lucid really sees them, you should email [email protected]. Many of us have emailed them these problems, but a few extra requests may be just enough to get this issue prioritized.

As an aside, the Geofencing does work, but only when arriving. It would also be nice to be able to reset the geofencing after the HomeLink is programmed, by either being at the location or setting it on a map/address.

My Tesla didn’t gain the ability to reset the geofence location until several years into ownership, and separating arrival and departure points was about a year or more after that. I imagine these features will come, but the engineers probably have a lot on their plate right now.

The only problem I do still have is the steps required to get to Homelink to close the garage door.

Please catch me up. So does Homelink on Lucid allow the garage door to automatically close when you pull away from your driveway; and open when it senses you’re approaching? Or do you actually have to press a button?! *gasps of horror for dramatic effect*

Please catch me up. So does Homelink on Lucid allow the garage door to automatically close when you pull away from your driveway; and open when it senses you’re approaching? Or do you actually have to press a button?! *gasps of horror for dramatic effect*
When you pull up to your garage the "geofencing" will bring up the Homelink connection and then you have to push on it and it will open the garage. One step. However, after you pull out of the garage (I open it manually when I go from the house into the garage) you have to 1) turn off the reverse camera 2) push on the Homelink Symbol 3) Press it to close the garage. Three steps minimum.

Back