Lucid start to drive time

2) push on the Homelink Symbol
Actually the HomeLink symbol and all other symbols at the top of the right pane are just a single item. They are a proxy for the next menu that comes up. Sometimes you are lucky and the HomeLink menu comes up. But mostly, you need to select the HomeLink menu on the next screen.

When you pull up to your garage the "geofencing" will bring up the Homelink connection and then you have to push on it and it will open the garage. One step. However, after you pull out of the garage (I open it manually when I go from the house into the garage) you have to 1) turn off the reverse camera 2) push on the Homelink Symbol 3) Press it to close the garage. Three steps minimum.

Thank you for your response.

That sounds clunky to the point of cumbersome. I should add to ”Wish List” - refine Homelink so that garage door closes when it senses you leaving, and opens when it senses you coming back. No buttons, no cameras, no anything.

In Teslas, most of the time that’s how Homelink works.

Thank you for your response.

That sounds clunky to the point of cumbersome. I should add to ”Wish List” - refine Homelink so that garage door closes when it senses you leaving, and opens when it senses you coming back. No buttons, no cameras, no anything.

In Teslas, most of the time that’s how Homelink works.
This was one of the first things I "reported" to customer service – months ago. Other people have complained too, so I think they are aware of this.

When you pull up to your garage the "geofencing" will bring up the Homelink connection and then you have to push on it and it will open the garage. One step. However, after you pull out of the garage (I open it manually when I go from the house into the garage) you have to 1) turn off the reverse camera 2) push on the Homelink Symbol 3) Press it to close the garage. Three steps minimum.
That's exactly correct. Sometimes when pushing the homelink button you have to choose your profile first, then the homelink, then the correct garage door. So four steps in that scenario.

Many people have reverted to a high tech work around - they keep the clicker in the car for backing out.

We have an alternative system, Control 4. So closing the garage door using the Control 4 app has been the go to for now.

Clicker for me. It will be interesting to see how many people notice that this "high tech" car is really "low-tech" on a user level.

We have an alternative system, Control 4. So closing the garage door using the Control 4 app has been the go to for now.
I have Control-4 too, I didn’t know it can do to garage door. I only have it on front door.

Geofencing, I never used, but it it safe you want your garage door open automatically all the time when car is moving? Can geofencing be switched off?

That's exactly correct. Sometimes when pushing the homelink button you have to choose your profile first, then the homelink, then the correct garage door. So four steps in that scenario.

Many people have reverted to a high tech work around - they keep the clicker in the car for backing out.
My wife's AMG EQS with its "Star Trek" screens, has three HomeLink buttons under the rearview mirror. Just better cabin engineering.

My wife's AMG EQS with its "Star Trek" screens, has three HomeLink buttons under the rearview mirror. Just better cabin engineering.
Those easy to reach buttons just make sense than software button. I get it. Lucid is striving half way balancing between MB S-Class and Tesla Model S.

I have a question.

When I am stopped at a light and my front panel states"hold", the power charger ring(above the analog speedometer) is at the middle of the range. Its at the lower end of the range when regenerative braking occurs. Why is at the middle and not at the lower end of the range when I am standing still?

I have a question.

When I am stopped at a light and my front panel states"hold", the power charger ring(above the analog speedometer) is at the middle of the range. Its at the lower end of the range when regenerative braking occurs. Why is at the middle and not at the lower end of the range when I am standing still?
Because the "speedometer" is actually an energy meter. As the needle moves left, you are producing energy and when it moves right you are expending energy. So when you are in the "hold" position, it's slightly off center to the right because the car is on using power.

Because the "speedometer" is actually an energy meter. As the needle moves left, you are producing energy and when it moves right you are expending energy. So when you are in the "hold" position, it's slightly off center to the right because the car is on using power.
OK, well that explains that. I had thought that the needle should be all the way to the left as I was stationary. But your explanation now makes sense. Thanks.

So I paid $140,000 for a car I have to get used to the boot up time??? my model S was instant. Yet patience has always been an issue with me

The startup lag time has me a little concerned. I hope it is a software issue they can address over time. I have been driving a Tesla Model S for the last 8 years and the delay the getting in to drive is almost non-existent. There are times where it can take a few seconds, but its nothing really significant. Early on Teslas took a little while to fully boot up as well, but the software improved over time.

I cant help but picture Apollo 13 when thinking about Lucid engineers trying to improve the car the boot up. LOL.

The software in my 2013 Model S deteriorated over time and MCU gen 1 units went from no boot time to a long lag. It was a strong reason I ditched Tesla.

I have an I pace and I always waiting 20 seconds for everything to load up before driving. Because the early models had issues with startup.

Recently I’ve started trusting the car to just get in and drive. And I’ll admit it’s nice. On less thing to think about.

Hopefully Lucid can fix this going forward. Waiting isn’t a big deal. But it’s also unnecessary when other cars boot up instantly now.

So I paid $140,000 for a car I have to get used to the boot up time??? my model S was instant. Yet patience has always been an issue with me
If you open the app about a minute before you get to the car it will boot much faster because it will wake up. If not, the boot time still doesn’t bother me because it takes me time to get situated in the car. But you are absolutely correct that the boot time needs improvement. For me the biggest issue is my narrow garage, which I cannot back out of until I fold the mirrors, and you can only do that from the pilot panel, which takes the longest of anything in the car to boot up.

If you open the app about a minute before you get to the car it will boot much faster because it will wake up. If not, the boot time still doesn’t bother me because it takes me time to get situated in the car. But you are absolutely correct that the boot time needs improvement. For me the biggest issue is my narrow garage, which I cannot back out of until I fold the mirrors, and you can only do that from the pilot panel, which takes the longest of anything in the car to boot up.
I am notoriously impatient, and the boot times really are not that bad. After talking to techs, I am even more confident this will get better and better.

With the current software version, what is the load time from initial entry to being able to use the backup camera?

With the current software version, what is the load time from initial entry to being able to use the backup camera?
10 seconds or less for me

Back