Lucid start to drive time

Oh yea it's the best kid mover you can buy. Part of the reason I can't wait foe the Gravity now that my kids are older and I don't need 3 car seats. Hopefully the Gravity is similar in ride comfort and handling to the Air
I’m sure ride comfort will be as good and probably better. Sitting higher and being heavier it will give up some handling as does any SUV over a sedan.

You can always just X out of that. To answer martin’s question, I’d say the backup camera is immediate. The other screens might take 10 to 15 seconds after you hit the brake when entering the car. It is a non issue for me.
Not my experience. After getting in the car, easily 30s, sometimes more before my backup camera and garage door controls are available. Can’t do anything until then.

Not my experience. After getting in the car, easily 30s, sometimes more before my backup camera and garage door controls are available. Can’t do anything until then.
That's on 1.2.1?

30 seconds before even backup camera is available is very abnormal imo
Agreed
My reversing camera appears before I’ve even put my seat belt on. The surround cam view takes longer. Can’t say i have ever noticed.

now the first time you go into nav - this can take 10-15 seconds - which sometimes feel like an eternity

30 seconds before even backup camera is available is very abnormal imo
Boot times are obviously way too long as they are noticably longer than what people are use too.

When you start the timer is a key reference point.

Start a video as you walk to the car and post it, if you think these times are wrong.

If you wake the car by walking out to the garage opening the door ....... times will be faster from a car that is not in sleep mode.

I park the car outside, let it go to sleep. I walk to the car directly. Times are from a car that is in sleep mode, approached directly as will happen everywhere except perhaps at home.

1.2.1 is consistent: From the time the door handles extend.

17 seconds Car is drivable. This has been consistent for a number of releases.
39 seconds. Music, cockpit right screen and pilot screen come up at the same time.
42 seconds. surround cameras come on, profile adjustments start.

Some of us might be in the car in 3-5 seconds, some might take 20-30. That will change perception. That's why I chose to use the door handles extending as the "start".

Boot times are obviously way too long as they are noticably longer than what people are use too.

Start a video as you walk to the car and post it, if you think these times are wrong.

If you wake the car by walking out to the garage opening the door ....... times will be faster from a car that is not in sleep mode.

I park the car outside, let it go to sleep. I walk to the car directly. Times are from a car that is in sleep mode, approached directly as will happen everywhere except perhaps at home.

39 seconds. Music, cockpit right screen and pilot screen come up at the same time.

Some of us might be in the car in 3-5 seconds, some might take 20-30. That will change perception. That's why I chose to use the door handles extending as the "start".
Ok I’m gonna give this a go with this exact method when I get home. But how long do you wait to ensure that your car is asleep?

Ok I’m gonna give this a go with this exact method when I get home. But how long do you wait to ensure that your car is asleep?
I have been giving it a minimum of 20 minutes. I think the car goes into sleep mode in less, but I have not timed it.

20 min of at least 25 feet away or something like that?
That‘s about right. I’ve parked the car in the driveway and taken the fob inside so 25’ with a couple walls. On a daily basis I only keep the fob maybe 15’ from the car and it seems to go into sleep mode with no issues.

I agree with Bob…you get used to it. With the caveat that some people want to run out and jump in the car and go. Tesla is good for that. Ironically, ICE cars are not, as you have to push a start button to fire up the engine and let the engine settle down, which probably takes about as long as the software to boot in the Air.
Lol - my boot time in my 2013 Tesla is much longer than the GT.

Ok, I finally had a chance to do this on a recent trip - my sense that it was >30 seconds is right:

0 - Walk up to car, pressed the door handle to wake/unlock. I fussed around outside the car...
31s - finished fussing, opened door, found main console ON (yay!)
41s - aux console finally lit up. Put in reverse.
60s - Surround view loads

So it's significantly slower than your time, Bill. Because of my garage situation, I can't start moving/open gates until a full 60s after I wake the car.

It definitely feels like a wait for the car to wake up. If the car is already awake, it's pretty painless. But if you don't start that ahead of time, it's feels like a long time to actually present the handles to open the car.

• Ran a few tests of my AGT for this and averaged 31sec from mobile key wake to everything on. However, I've had a few times where it took longer, usually the cameras being slow to load.
  • I've been using the mobile key since I took delivery and only had one time where it didn't recognize me within a few seconds of walking up to the car, even from a deep sleep. I'm wondering if it is the phone here - @Maverick what phone are you using?
  • My sole wake-from-sleep gripe is that the Apple Watch app will show "Unable to connect to vehicle" instead of taking a minute to wake the car. I like being able to check my range/charge/locks from the watch, so this would be a welcome fix.

• Ran a few tests of my AGT for this and averaged 31sec from mobile key wake to everything on. However, I've had a few times where it took longer, usually the cameras being slow to load.
  • I've been using the mobile key since I took delivery and only had one time where it didn't recognize me within a few seconds of walking up to the car, even from a deep sleep. I'm wondering if it is the phone here - @Maverick what phone are you using?
  • My sole wake-from-sleep gripe is that the Apple Watch app will show "Unable to connect to vehicle" instead of taking a minute to wake the car. I like being able to check my range/charge/locks from the watch, so this would be a welcome fix.
I've had some slow-to-wake using my phone too (apple iphone). Didn't realize i had an apple watch app until you mentioned it!

I think I need to repair the mobile key or I'm too impatient. I almost always wind up using the fob to wake it up. I have a Samsung S21. Since I typically have both my phone and my fob, I'm never sure which one the car is using, but either way, it seems to take a few more seconds than I'm willing to wait to automatically recognize me, so I usually just double click the fob. Not a big deal, but that's definitely my biggest issue on start up times. Once the handles are out, I'm comfortable though impatient with the time to drive off :).

I think I need to repair the mobile key or I'm too impatient. I almost always wind up using the fob to wake it up. I have a Samsung S21. Since I typically have both my phone and my fob, I'm never sure which one the car is using, but either way, it seems to take a few more seconds than I'm willing to wait to automatically recognize me, so I usually just double click the fob. Not a big deal, but that's definitely my biggest issue on start up times. Once the handles are out, I'm comfortable though impatient with the time to drive off :).
I'd try using one or the other and then see. Maybe turn off the mobile key and use the fob? It should be much faster with the fob since it is using wake-on-NFC which is usually instant.

I've had some slow-to-wake using my phone too (apple iphone). Didn't realize i had an apple watch app until you mentioned it!
I love the watch app! I just wish it would wait for wake instead of being unable to connect, since once connected the response of the car to the app is almost instant. I have Siri shortcuts for opening/closing the trunk/frunk. Very convenient when loaded down from a Trader Joe's run.

One of things I've had to learn to do when getting into the Lucid is to hit the brake pedal immediately, which starts the power-up procedures. By the time I fasten my seatbelt, put on sunglasses, open my ever-present soda, etc., the car is usually ready to go.

However, rainy season has begun in south Florida, and last night leaving a restaurant I got soaked in a sudden drencher (meaning I didn't take my umbrella) while waiting for the door handles to extend. Our other cars with proximity sensors (Honda Odyssey and Tesla Model S) open up much quicker.

I also agree with another poster that it's ridiculous to keep the backup and overhead cameras on until 18 mph. I have to hit the "X" button to turn them off manually in order to get to the Homelink button to close the garage door. They should disappear when you put the car into drive.

Back