Lucid start to drive time

Depends on which backup camera. It has a direct feed camera that comes up within 10 seconds but the surround view and processed feed for backup camera take 21-30 seconds for me. The direct feed backup camera is good quality though.

With the current software version, what is the load time from initial entry to being able to use the backup camera?
Around 10~20 seconds for all cameras to come up, but I intentionally wait 30 seconds to drive away to make sure subsystems are all handshake to avoid buffer lag and latency issues related to what people claiming software suck had to stop car later for reboot. To me, this software is good, and is getting better each month with newer version, and of course it always can be better.

Depends on which backup camera. It has a direct feed camera that comes up within 10 seconds but the surround view and processed feed for backup camera take 21-30 seconds for me. The direct feed backup camera is good quality though.
That's not too bad...as long as the main backup camera loads ahead of the rest of the UI, this works for me.

Coming from a Tesla S refresh I'm used to instant on but will trade some UI lag for a better ride & interior.

Just confirmed my order yesterday & this was my biggest concern as I didn't want to be waiting 30 seconds to back out of a parking space while another car is waiting.

That's not too bad...as long as the main backup camera loads ahead of the rest of the UI, this works for me.

Coming from a Tesla S refresh I'm used to instant on but will trade some UI lag for a better ride & interior.

Just confirmed my order yesterday & this was my biggest concern as I didn't want to be waiting 30 seconds to back out of a parking space while another car is waiting.
This should all be temporary, too. Lucid have said there will be a "major" update to address startup time and general lag before the end of the year. I'm hoping for more of that "instant on" feel of the Tesla. Or at least as close to it as possible.

This should all be temporary, too. Lucid have said there will be a "major" update to address startup time and general lag before the end of the year. I'm hoping for more of that "instant on" feel of the Tesla. Or at least as close to it as possible.
Rumor is sub 10 seconds for everything.

I just got back from a multi day road trip with 2 friends. The running joke of the trip was how long would we wait for the car to unlock, and then how long we would wait to be able to drive. The time for cameras, Nav and the persistent lag of the system when trying to change music sources was another point of good natured harassment and humor. Otherwise the car was great. Enough room in the trunk/frunk for race gear, carry on bag, and briefcase or backpack each for the 3 of us, and race gear bags are not small.

I just got my car this past week and the startup time doesn’t bother me at all. It could be faster but it’s not intolerable
Still aggravating waiting for the cameras to back down the driveway and if I need the NAV system.

One of things I've had to learn to do when getting into the Lucid is to hit the brake pedal immediately, which starts the power-up procedures. By the time I fasten my seatbelt, put on sunglasses, open my ever-present soda, etc., the car is usually ready to go.

However, rainy season has begun in south Florida, and last night leaving a restaurant I got soaked in a sudden drencher (meaning I didn't take my umbrella) while waiting for the door handles to extend. Our other cars with proximity sensors (Honda Odyssey and Tesla Model S) open up much quicker.

I also agree with another poster that it's ridiculous to keep the backup and overhead cameras on until 18 mph. I have to hit the "X" button to turn them off manually in order to get to the Homelink button to close the garage door. They should disappear when you put the car into drive.
Funny you posted this in May, and it's September, and still no improvement on what seems to be some easy fixes. See you're in Naples. I'm in Fort Myers. Haven't seen any other Lucid's on the road yet around here. The garage/homelink situation makes me crazy every morning. 3 key presses to eventually close the garage door. My Tesla closed in automatically with ZERO key presses.

I just got back from a multi day road trip with 2 friends. The running joke of the trip was how long would we wait for the car to unlock, and then how long we would wait to be able to drive. The time for cameras, Nav and the persistent lag of the system when trying to change music sources was another point of good natured harassment and humor. Otherwise the car was great. Enough room in the trunk/frunk for race gear, carry on bag, and briefcase or backpack each for the 3 of us, and race gear bags are not small.
If there is someone in the know ... how much to this lag time issues (start up, moving from nav to music, etc) can be adjust by software improvements, and how many are going to always be issues due to hardware issues/speed? Or is some of the issues derived from trying to "conserve battery for extra range marketing" and thus pulled away from needed resources to be constantly in "awake" mode for faster start up?

If there is someone in the know ... how much to this lag time issues (start up, moving from nav to music, etc) can be adjust by software improvements, and how many are going to always be issues due to hardware issues/speed? Or is some of the issues derived from trying to "conserve battery for extra range marketing" and thus pulled away from needed resources to be constantly in "awake" mode for faster start up?
They are being addressed. Apparently a major update is in the works to speed things up as tweeted by an exec at Lucid. He said "in the coming weeks" a few weeks back so hopefully this major update is just around the corner.

They are being addressed. Apparently a major update is in the works to speed things up as tweeted by an exec at Lucid. He said "in the coming weeks" a few weeks back so hopefully this major update is just around the corner.
And they specifically called out an “almost instant” (less than 10sec) startup time.

Talk is cheap. Show me!!!;)

And they specifically called out an “almost instant” (less than 10sec) startup time.
I'm hoping it comes within the next couple of weeks. Yesterday was a nightmare when it came to the connectivity. Even with 3 bars all the online stuff would constantly cut out every 5 mins so I gave up and just used AM/FM radio. I really hope it brings some stability into the system.

I’ve never once waited in a gas car, why would you do that?
My wife has a 2021 Range Rover Sport Autobiography and it TAKES FOREVER for the software to respond to touch screen. While the engine does start and we can take off right away (fast and loud albeit!) - the nav system doesn't boot up for use until maybe 2 full minutes into the drive; super annoying as you can't turn off the stupid auto-stop/start or change the radio, load carplay, or load nav instructions until it FINALLY boots up. At least the air conditioner does come on right away though - so at least we have that. I find myself going to start the car before she is 'all the way ready to leave the house' so I can get the car booted up and ready to go.

I purchased my Lucid Air GT two days ago. Does the Lucid need access to a home WiFi connection to get the OTA update or can it update through some other media?

I purchased my Lucid Air GT two days ago. Does the Lucid need access to a home WiFi connection to get the OTA update or can it update through some other media?
If not connected to wifi, it'll download via cellular

Back