Lucid Sirius drop breaks Alexa? Alexa is Dead?

I can't get Alexa to do anything
They're all useless in one way or another. Tbh, it's not a Lucid specific issue, Alexa performs just as badly in a BMW. I've found when telling it to navigate to a business \ venue it's fine but when you tell it to navigate to an address is just can't figure it out. My previous Audi used Google voice and sometimes it was flawless and other times you'd ended screaming at it to understand.

They're all useless in one way or another. Tbh, it's not a Lucid specific issue, Alexa performs just as badly in a BMW. I've found when telling it to navigate to a business \ venue it's fine but when you tell it to navigate to an address is just can't figure it out. My previous Audi used Google voice and sometimes it was flawless and other times you'd ended screaming at it to understand.
100% this. All voice assistants are in their infancy, as far as I’m concerned. Not something I would ever rely on.

My wife has far more patience than I do with Siri. When Siri delivers the usual crap response, she just tries another way calmly. I generally want to throw all my computers out a window when this happens.

I
Alexa works fine for me. I do have the app on my iPhone and have its permissions set to allow everything, along with Bluetooth in the car allowing Alexa to access my contacts/etc. Maybe that got turned off for you in the OTA or it logged you out of Alexa? That’s happened to several people with various OTA.
I went through logging out and re-adding it, including permissions. Today, after creating a new profile, it worked for some number of minutes before locking up again.

Alexa works fine for me. I do have the app on my iPhone and have its permissions set to allow everything, along with Bluetooth in the car allowing Alexa to access my contacts/etc. Maybe that got turned off for you in the OTA or it logged you out of Alexa? That’s happened to several people with various OTA.
It was working fine until we switched in and out of SXM. Now it isn’t sounding anything even after reboot or a day later. I will check my Alexa phone app settings later.

100% this. All voice assistants are in their infancy, as far as I’m concerned. Not something I would ever rely on.
Google assistant generally works very well in our Volvo, on our phones, and our smart home devices. Its use of context in answering follow-on questions can be impressive.

Today I noticed the same issue others have reported - Alexa recognizes the wake word, just never responds and eventually times out. Running 2.0.33. This seems more like a server-side or API integration issue rather than a car-side client issue - the fact the many/all seem to be impacted would reflect that as well - any official word from Lucid service? Sorry if this has been covered in other threads...

I found that changing the login profile works... Until I tun on Sirius. At that point, Alexa stops working and resets do not do anything, just changing profile. I would guess that Lucid's Sirius implementation is changing something in the Alexa Profile that kills Alexa.

Ok, bringing up Sirius definitely kills Alexa. I found that if the phone rings during Alexa's workings, it also kills Alexa. Only fix so far is to change to a different profile, so it has something to do with Sirius and the phone function messing up the profile. I am guessing that all these functions operate within the same process and the same profile saved memory space. Since these functions are not fenced, one incompetent developer can upset all functions by walking on resources that other functionality is using.

I accepted the latest Lucid update, which includes a Sirus App. Since then, Alexa no longer works. The blue Alexa indicator turns on as if it is working, but it then never completes the action or turns off until the car is left to sleep. Support suggested that I might try logging out and then resubscribing. No joy, it did not fix the problem. Who else has had this issue?
This happened to me today. Alexa was working fine till yesterday and I was actually happy with its response thus far - used it to make calls, send messages, navigation, spotify etc- including after the Sirius OTA update. This morning I paused while requesting navigation directions and after that it went dead- blue line but no response until car is asleep. After that - same issue repetitively. Annoying

This happened to me today. Alexa was working fine till yesterday and I was actually happy with its response thus far - used it to make calls, send messages, navigation, spotify etc- including after the Sirius OTA update. This morning I paused while requesting navigation directions and after that it went dead- blue line but no response until car is asleep. After that - same issue repetitively. Annoying
My Alexa worked great before my car was in the shop for a month. I got it back last Mon, updated through 33, and Alexa refused to pull up Spotify but otherwise worked. She kept telling me that I needed to update my app to use Spotify. I opened a ticket for that issue while at the service center. Then, two days later, I got the blue bar of death where Alexa totally shut down and I called to update the ticket and to open one for Sirius being dead as well. So these have definitely been reported.

I used Sirius once and it quit working. Somewhere I got a message that my trial had ended. I figure they started the trial when I got the car, not when we got the ota. On a chat with them and giving them name, address, phone #, and Vin she had me go to siriusxm.com/vinlookup. That gave me response that my car wasn't enabled for Sirius. At that point I just gave up.

I used Sirius once and it quit working. Somewhere I got a message that my trial had ended. I figure they started the trial when I got the car, not when we got the ota. On a chat with them and giving them name, address, phone #, and Vin she had me go to siriusxm.com/vinlookup. That gave me response that my car wasn't enabled for Sirius. At that point I just gave up.
Are you on 2.0.35? That fixed the Sirius issues for everyone I've spoken to. Otherwise, email customer care and they should fix it.

Back