Lucid Sirius drop breaks Alexa? Alexa is Dead?

Kfederico

Cars
Lucid Air GT, Corvette(s)
I accepted the latest Lucid update, which includes a Sirus App. Since then, Alexa no longer works. The blue Alexa indicator turns on as if it is working, but it then never completes the action or turns off until the car is left to sleep. Support suggested that I might try logging out and then resubscribing. No joy, it did not fix the problem. Who else has had this issue?

I accepted the latest Lucid update, which includes a Sirus App. Since then, Alexa no longer works. The blue Alexa indicator turns on as if it is working, but it then never completes the action or turns off until the car is left to sleep. Support suggested that I might try logging out and then resubscribing. No joy, it did not fix the problem. Who else has had this issue?
Hi, @Kfederico. Thank you for sharing. I DM'd for additional info.

Alexa doesn't respond for me lately either, but I don't recall the timing related to the .33 update.

Is that the Alexa.com site in the article? I noted they are shutting that down, but I believe it is a separate thing from Alexa devices.
I don't see Amazon dropping support for the Alexa service in all Alexa devices in the short term. But the service might not be long for this world ultimately. My guess is Lucid will need to come up with an alternative at some point. Not sure when.

Fortunately, that should not involve any hardware changes. So a software update of some kind should suffice to replace Alexa in the Air with some other service.

I accepted the latest update as well and had no problems with Alexa. Sirius worked only for one day and since then, it can't "re-establish the connection. Anyone else?

I don't see Amazon dropping support for the Alexa service in all Alexa devices in the short term. But the service might not be long for this world ultimately. My guess is Lucid will need to come up with an alternative at some point. Not sure when.

Fortunately, that should not involve any hardware changes. So a software update of some kind should suffice to replace Alexa in the Air with some other service.
I believe you are right. Amazon is selling tons of Alexa related devices.

Interesting. I have had my AGT for nearly two months and have been unable to activate Alexa before or after 2.0.33. The DA could not activate it nor did the SC a month ago. Whenever we get CarPlay I will be able to get progressive voice navigation guidance from the Apple map app. Maybe Lucid will upgrade the navigation module before we get CarPlay. How could the company engineer such a magnificent vehicle and not have an up-to-date navigation system?

Maintaining their own devices and continued support of third party devices are very different things, I would expect them to drop that first for sure especially since those devices probably have a 0 to negative revenue stream.

I have exactly the same problem.

The thread got a bit off track with the WAGs about Amazon dropping the ALEXA.COM site. The Alexa devices are not related to the ALEXA.COM site, but when I saw the headlines, I was concerned, since I have many devices and my whole home automation is dependent on Alexa. My conclusion after researching past the click-bait is that there is no reason to believe that there is no reason to believe that Amazon will stop serving the Alexa devices. I am both secure and comfortable with the Alexa functionality in both my home and in my vehicles. I just wish that Lucid had some sort of response for my dead Alexa in my car. Lately, I find that Lucid is opening issues with the various problems with my car, such as charging, but they never actually fix the issue. (Primary display failures, Alexa freezing, multiple charging issues). They did fix one mechanical issue related to the car bricking. They hauled it to Houston where they found a bad connection. I am thinking they fixed one of possibly multiple assembly issues.

Apple CarPlay! ;) "Hey Siri.. make me some eggs"

Seriously, I too had issues with Alexa yesterday. I would get the blue bar but she wouldn't respond. I figured it was an isolated incident with my car but seeing others having the same problem, I guess not. She finally did wake up enough to respond to commands as I entered my garage (ie. Wifi connectivity). Not sure if cellular has anything to do with it.

Same issue. I get it to stop by saying: "Alexa to turn off".

I am getting same issue. SiriusXM was working fine for me but they took it down. Now, Alex freezes.

I accepted the latest Lucid update, which includes a Sirus App. Since then, Alexa no longer works. The blue Alexa indicator turns on as if it is working, but it then never completes the action or turns off until the car is left to sleep. Support suggested that I might try logging out and then resubscribing. No joy, it did not fix the problem. Union Who else has had this issue?
I have same issue.

Alexa seems still connect, but not speak. I can ask weather, she brings up weather info on cockpit screen, but there wouldn’t be any voice output.

Alexa works fine for me. I do have the app on my iPhone and have its permissions set to allow everything, along with Bluetooth in the car allowing Alexa to access my contacts/etc. Maybe that got turned off for you in the OTA or it logged you out of Alexa? That’s happened to several people with various OTA.

Back