Lucid Sapphire - Extra Throttlehouse Video

Alex = Pro Tesla
Sandy = Pro Ford/Rivian
Alex is so not Pro Tesla. He constantly throws shade at Elon and talks about Tesla's quality issues etc. alot. Sandy is more Pro Tesla than Alex now.

AutoMaker - Performance Division
BMW - M (Motorsport)
Mercedes - AMG
Audi - Quattro
Toyota - Gazoo
Acura - Type-S (Super)
Lexus - F (Flagship)
Tesla - Plaid

Now….
Lucid - Sapphire

Last edited:
Alex is so not Pro Tesla. He constantly throws shade at Elon and talks about Tesla's quality issues etc. alot. Sandy is more Pro Tesla than Alex now.
Sandy is more Tesla I agree,

Alex keep using Tesla as reference covering Lucid made me think he is pro Tesla.

Hardware technology "sometimes" matters as much? Cars transported people and goods for decades with no software available. Try getting a car loaded with the world's best software out of your driveway with no drive hardware. Or try running to the grocery store in your smartphone.

When comparing Tesla software to Lucid software, one should first recognize that Tesla has been putting software in production cars more than a decade longer than Lucid.

Also, the notion that Tesla software is state of the art is both a myth and a sad comment on the state of the art. We are on our second Tesla Model S (a 2021 Plaid.) While the Plaid's software is generally more responsive than the Air's at this point (and I sorely miss the satellite maps that Tesla has but Lucid doesn't), neither our 2015 Model S P90D nor our Plaid have been without their gremlins.

We have more problems using the key fob in our Plaid than we did in our 2015 Tesla. Every few days, the car refuses to recognize the key fob to open the doors. On other occasions, the fob will open the door but not start the car. For that, we have to take a key card out of our wallets and rub it over the phone charger pad. And this problem doesn't resolve itself upon a reboot, as similar problems resolve themselves in the Air. On days when this malfunction occurs int the Tesla, it will do it all day long when getting out of the car repeatedly for errands.

We occasionally get into the Plaid and have to wait a considerable time for the car to boot up. (This happens more frequently in the Air, but it happens enough in the Tesla to be surprising.)

And Tesla still doesn't have the simulated bird's-eye view for parking that the Lucid has (and many lesser cars have had for several years).
thanks for the post. I think it helps everyone keep perspective when they read of technical glitches on other platforms. It's not to suggest because other car companies have issues therefore its ok, but it does help anyone second guessing their purchase that there are perfect green pastures somewhere else.

Alex Guberman is trying to rebrand himself as a truth chaser who ferrets out the dark side of every EV brand and story. I find it very difficult to stomach most of his "reporting" these days on any brand and occasionally watch his channel only to see Tom Moloughney bring a bit of reason and perspective back into the picture.

Alex Guberman is trying to rebrand himself as a truth chaser who ferrets out the dark side of every EV brand and story. I find it very difficult to stomach most of his "reporting" these days on any brand and occasionally watch his channel only to see Tom Moloughney bring a bit of reason and perspective back into the picture.
I think Alex and Tom are a good match when reporting on his channel. Alex seems to go to the negative and Tom throws it back in his face with a bit more "let's be realistic here" kind of comments.

If Sandy has opined on Lucid's deliveries and QC, given his self-described expertise and experience with manufacturing, please let me know. His insights may be interesting, despite his sometimes gruff delivery.

If Sandy has opined on Lucid's deliveries and QC, given his self-described expertise and experience with manufacturing, please let me know. His insights may be interesting, despite his sometimes gruff delivery.
Strangely he's really done nothing on Lucid. May not want to admit they've done some things better than Tesla on camera. He did the walk around with @Jon_Rettinger and commented on the motor video Lucid did but apart from that he's been pretty silent. The one thing that got him riled up was when Peter said tesla's new 4680 batteries weren't anything spectacular and the media was hyping it too much. He basically told Peter to stfu which again leads me to believe Sandy is becoming a little too biased these days to the brands he likes.

Peter wasn't really bagging out the 4680 cells he was more saying it's not a technology advancement. The media at the time were saying it was this new battery technology and this is the future and Peter was simply saying it's not what Elon is making it out to be.

I think Alex and Tom are a good match when reporting on his channel. Alex seems to go to the negative and Tom throws it back in his face with a bit more "let's be realistic here" kind of comments.
Just playing bad cop / good cop to keep viewers interested. Same format of script over and over.

AutoMaker - Performance Division
BMW - M (Motorsport)
Mercedes - AMG
Audi - Quattro
Toyota - Gazoo
Acura - Type-S (Super)
Lexus - F (Flagship)
Tesla - Plaid

Now….
Lucid - Sapphire
Audi has 2 levels S (sports cars with Quattro) and RS (racing sport)
Honda/Acura also have 2 levels S (performance upgrades) and R (racing)
For Lexus I believe the F refers to Fuji

So then the question that begs asking is the GTP not be considered as true Lucid performance since not under Sapphire?

I assume it's similar to the multiple levels that other brands are following:
Audi has 2 levels S (sports cars with Quattro) and RS (racing sport)
Honda/Acura also have 2 levels S (performance upgrades) and R (racing)

So then the question that begs asking is the GTP not be considered as true Lucid performance since not under Sapphire?
It’s brakes, tires, suspension, plus some aero and different software that makes it an M, AMG equivalent. The BMW 550 is a fast car, but only shares 60% of parts with an M5. Then M5 comp…… AMG black. There is always more. 😂

I would consider the GTP as the AMG version and the Sapphire as the AMG Black version

No brake upgrade on the GTP or Dream PE. I think the Sapphire is AMG and there may or may not be an AMG black.

I think there will eventually be a Sapphire plus version with 1500 hp once they figure out how to draw more power from the battery. We can call that the AMG Black series :)

MB also does so me AMG lite stuff
My neighbor has a C43 AMG convertible, nice car but not the same as the 63 based cars

MB also does so me AMG lite stuff
My neighbor has a C43 AMG convertible, nice car but not the same as the 63 based cars
BMW is putting M on anything and everything lately. An M850i is not an M8.

BMW is putting M on anything and everything lately. An M850i is not an M8.
The M850i has the M styling but not a true M car. They have been doing that for years with most of their models.

I think there will eventually be a Sapphire plus version with 1500 hp once they figure out how to draw more power from the battery. We can call that the AMG Black series :)
Ways to get more power out of the Battery:
1. get a bigger battery (Kwh that is). Nio already has a 150 Kwh battery
2. Wait until solid state batteries become available(5-10yrs) at 300 kwh capacity at half the weight of Li-ion batteries, 1/3 the charge time and 200,000 charge cycles without degradation.
Simple. Lucid unleashed!!

Back