Lucid Sapphire - Extra Throttlehouse Video

I'm driving myself crazy waffling back and forth. I have always traded cars, even after a year, when a more powerful version of a car I like comes out. It's an irrational obsession, I admit.

However, the Dream Edition is just so damned good as a driver's car on public roads in every dimension -- power, handling, comfort -- that this is the first time I might be able to say no. I couldn't make use of the extra power, and the blend of compliance and precision is so good in the Dream that I really worry about moving to a stiffer suspension setup that will probably only pay dividends at the track to which I will never take the car. And, although I think the blue color is really snazzy, I just can't get my head around the Mojave interior and sport seats. (I have never owned a car in which so many people climb in and start raving about how gorgeous the interior is, including the different colors of the front and back seats and the eucalyptus wood, both of which I have really come to love in the Santa Monica.)

I understand the want to upgrade your car regularly - I'm similar and treat it as a hobby. But upgrading to the Sapphire is not worth the $80k difference from the DE, especially considering you'd give up a few features, like the traditional luxury seats, suspension, and an interior with more personality.

I prefer the luxury features and styling, so the Sapphire almost feels like a downgrade to me. And with a $110k difference from my GT, its a HELL no.

For someone who values performance at all costs though, more power to ya, just don't forget the GT-P exists.

Strangely he's really done nothing on Lucid. May not want to admit they've done some things better than Tesla on camera. He did the walk around with @Jon_Rettinger and commented on the motor video Lucid did but apart from that he's been pretty silent. The one thing that got him riled up was when Peter said tesla's new 4680 batteries weren't anything spectacular and the media was hyping it too much. He basically told Peter to stfu which again leads me to believe Sandy is becoming a little too biased these days to the brands he likes.

Peter wasn't really bagging out the 4680 cells he was more saying it's not a technology advancement. The media at the time were saying it was this new battery technology and this is the future and Peter was simply saying it's not what Elon is making it out to be.

Looks like Peter isn't incorrect. Now that Tesla delivered model Y with 4680 (Austin build), the gain weight is only ....20 pounds compared to ones with 2170.

It also offers zero efficiencies & charging performance gain.

As a matter of fact, while weighing 20 lbs lighter, the model Y with 4680 has a lesser range. Much less: 50 miles !!!

Sandy may want to retract his statement and owe an apology to Peter.

Lucid doesn’t do TV commercials like Tesla, they need all the free hype coverage.

You have this backwards. Lucid ran TV commercials on CNBC and did one ad on Saturday Night Live. When Elon was hosting.

Tesla has never done TV commercials.

They have produced "testimonials" and we are now selling Teslas in X country vids. They put those on their website and Youtube.

But they have never paid to run on them on commercial TV stations.

Alex = Pro Tesla
Sandy = Pro Ford/Rivian

Not only is Alex not pro Tesla, Alex makes vicious personal attacks on Elon. I am not going to repeat them.

Alex currently drives an ID.4, has a bromance with Herbert Diess and up until VW fired Herbert was very high on VW.

Alex thinks GM should fire Mary and hire Herbert.

OTOH Sandy is very high on Tesla. Thinks everyone should adopt "Giga Casting" and 4860 cells. Of the legacy OEMs he likes Ford the best. Says Ford is ahead of GM and Silverado EV ~100 mile range advantage over Lightning doesn't matter because work sites are not over 320 miles away. Yeah, he likes Rivian too. He thinks Rivian way underpriced their trucks. Perhaps below production cost. At least before the recent price hikes.

Looks like Peter isn't incorrect. Now that Tesla delivered model Y with 4680 (Austin build), the gain weight is only ....20 pounds compared to ones with 2170.

As a matter of fact, while weighing 20 lbs lighter, the model Y with 4680 has a lesser range. Much less: 50 miles !!!

Yeah, I don't think what Peter said actually warranted Sandy's reaction. It was a long time ago but I don't think Elon sold it as a breakthrough new technology but more pushing the limits of the current tech but the media ran with "Tesla's new battery tech is a game changers etc." Solid State is a game changer! Whoever gets that going into production vehicles first can take the credit for it.

Not only is Alex not pro Tesla, Alex makes vicious personal attacks on Elon. I am not going to repeat them.

Alex currently drives an ID.4, has a bromance with Herbert Diess and up until VW fired Herbert was very high on VW.

Alex thinks GM should fire Mary and hire Herbert.

OTOH Sandy is very high on Tesla. Thinks everyone should adopt "Giga Casting" and 4860 cells. Of the legacy OEMs he likes Ford the best. Says Ford is ahead of GM and Silverado EV ~100 mile range advantage over Lightning doesn't matter because work sites are not over 320 miles away. Yeah, he likes Rivian too. He thinks Rivian way underpriced their trucks. Perhaps below production cost. At least before the recent price hikes.
Why does Sandy like Ford? Not sure, but maybe it has to do with the fact that we always hear "When I was working at Ford" in every video 😂

Ales is a sell out too. He's all about being pro EV and then takes sponsorship from EA who has delivered the shittest network to EV owners in the country.....

Peter wasn't really bagging out the 4680 cells he was more saying it's not a technology advancement. The media at the time were saying it was this new battery technology and this is the future and Peter was simply saying it's not what Elon is making it out to be.

Peter said 4680 is a size specification. And the size specification isn't a technology breakthrough.

Which is true. There are other specifications of the Tesla made 4680 cell that is new.

Why does Sandy like Ford? Not sure, but maybe it has to do with the fact that we always hear "When I was working at Ford" in every video 😂

Ales is a sell out too. He's all about being pro EV and then takes sponsorship from EA who has delivered the shittest network to EV owners in the country.....
I don't know.

Ford fired Sandy back in the day. AFAIK Ford doesn't contract Munro and Associates, but has recently invited Sandy to Ford events.

There are half a dozen networks shittier than EA. Starting with ChargePoint and EVgo.

Youtubbers gotta eat and pay rent.

After You Tube slashed ad revenue to content providers by 75% they have to find income elsewhere.

From Sandy's POV the game changer is cost.

What does it cost to produce a 4680 Model Y vs a 2170 Model Y?

LFP is cheaper because it doesn't use nickel and cobalt.

But you can stick in LFP chemistry inside a 4680 cell as well.

You have this backwards. Lucid ran TV commercials on CNBC and did one ad on Saturday Night Live. When Elon was hosting.

Tesla has never done TV commercials.

They have produced "testimonials" and we are now selling Teslas in X country vids. They put those on their website and Youtube.

But they have never paid to run on them on commercial TV stations.
Didn’t know about it. But CNBC will falls in their demographic.

Sandy loves manufacturing efficiency
in the past he said Tesla had to simplify building their cars
The giga casting, heat pump, changes in door design did that and he has been very positive on these changes
when he looked at the Lucid he was impressed and skeptical
my favorite line was when he was going through the interior and saw the dumb ass white carpet he said he couldn’t live with that

Back