Lucid Sapphire - Extra Throttlehouse Video

Shouldn’t the priority be the Touring and the Pure rather than this?
I think Lucid is thinking how do we make more money because we have too many Pure and Touring and we need more $140k+ orders.

Best way to make money is to actually get cars on the road. Lucid should be more focused on getting cars out the door as the more people see on the road the more recognition that brand will get. Car enthusiasts know who Lucid are but the general public don't. So do they want to sell cars to the masses or just keep announcing new models that car enthusiasts like and market to a niche market.

Also, Lucid's PR has always been we're a luxury car maker not performance. Low and behold they Sapphire is the Performance brand. This company doesn't know what it wants to be!

Best way to make money is to actually get cars on the road. Lucid should be more focused on getting cars out the door as the more people see on the road the more recognition that brand will get. Car enthusiasts know who Lucid are but the general public don't. So do they want to sell cars to the masses or just keep announcing new models that car enthusiasts like and market to a niche market.

Also, Lucid's PR has always been we're a luxury car maker not performance. Low and behold they Sapphire is the Performance brand. This company doesn't know what it wants to be!

Performance is typically a characteristic of the luxury space
I believe the tri-motor was pitched as an M5 kind of product
What we are seeing is the carve out on the performance sub brand early on
They want to sell at volume, and will, might as well get max dollar per unit early on

Yes, but they are targeting this variant being available "Second half 2023". They need to start producing and delivering CARS, not potential.

I agree - PR should focus on production and less on additional "high end" models if he ever wants the company to survive. If he wants LCID to compete with Lamborghini or Ferrari and never make an affordable car for a large audience, so be it, but this is a distraction in my opinion. Between this and the RIVN news about dropping the Explorer pack, both companies are now continuing to march higher into the 1%er range. If we end up having a meaningful recession, I struggle to see how Lucid's demand doesn't begin to fall off.

I'm sure they know they need to get production scaled and going. But this was low hanging fruit for them right? The chassis probably was always designed for a third motor and the test mule was already done. The fact that the interior space, and trunk space doesn't change even though there is a third motor is likely a testment to this.

I would imagine that less that 10% of the bandwidth from production was ever used in the development of the Sapphire. There are other departments in a company, and they do other things than just production.

And this builds "buzz" and gets the name out there. Maybe someone who sees the advertisement gets curious to look Lucid up. They opt to make an order for a Pure or a Touring model because it is within their pain points for a new car.
By the time the Sapphire is coming out, Lucid SHOULD be churning out Tourings and Pures.

News is that Mr. Rawlinson is spending his time on the production floor. That is a sign that he is keen to understand the process, the challenges, and to impress upon the line personnel that the head of the company is taking a keen interest in their daily activities.

we can all hope this manifests itself as improved Quality and enhanced throughput, as well as keeping upper management abreast of the challenges faced at the assembly line, thus allowing for better business decisions with the product.

Shouldn’t the priority be the Touring and the Pure rather than this?
It is. That’s why the Sapphire isn’t shipping until next year. Probably June at the earliest.

I am so glad that it's $250K!! Now I don't have to agonize over selling my DE-P and buying one. Just way too expense and I don't need to go any faster.

In case Jenkins actually reads this. Car looks good... Really good. Wide body really sets off the car. Wheels could be more aggressive, especially given you have covers.

I think there's rooms to push it further and if you do, maybe include fixed back carbon seats, roll bar, drop the glass (lexan), no sound deadening, no HU etc. Ie closer to the Miata factory cup car.

Hell why not have a lucid cup car? Seriously. It's the future of racing anyway and no company has yet to embrace it.

I just picked up that they are going to be lapping this car around Laguna Seca with press. That is exciting!

I know people waiting in production queue are angry about Lucid’s diverted attention to new product. But marketing department and production department are separate business personnel’s and don’t interact. I doubt they put too much effort on Sapphire, sure R&D did spent time and effort to tweak a little chassis, but my theory is this might be already made car long long time ago for Saudi Prince, it just now revealed for possibly production for the car world buzz of FASTEST SPORTS SEDAN EVER. Elon does that too for Roadster and CyberTruck —- to keep people interested and grab more different demographic.

I believe Sapphire is good business for Lucid. Lots of social media influencers needed content will spread it freely for Lucid. News stands all over the country will have auto magazine covers on ravks for everyone to see, it’s great brand recognition. Lucid doesn’t do TV commercials like Tesla, they need all the free hype coverage. That is different business model unlike Toyota and GM whom spent billions $$$ on NBA commercials, Lucid saved that for AMP-1 and just need to generate buzz and words of mouth mostly to convince people of their superior technology.

I wonder why the secrecy on the hp number? North of 1200 covers a lot of ground. Maybe to generate another round of headlines in a month or so to squeeze as much PR value out of a single car especially if that number is pretty high.

I know people waiting in production queue are angry about Lucid’s diverted attention to new product. But marketing department and production department are separate business personnel’s and don’t interact. I doubt they put too much effort on Sapphire, sure R&D did spent time and effort to tweak a little chassis, but my theory is this might be already made car long long time ago for Saudi Prince, it just now revealed for possibly production for the car world buzz of FASTEST SPORTS SEDAN EVER. Elon does that too for Roadster and CyberTruck —- to keep people interested and grab more different demographic.

I believe Sapphire is good business for Lucid. Lots of social media influencers needed content will spread it freely for Lucid. News stands all over the country will have auto magazine covers on ravks for everyone to see, it’s great brand recognition. Lucid doesn’t do TV commercials like Tesla, they need all the free hype coverage. That is different business model unlike Toyota and GM whom spent billions $$$ on NBA commercials, Lucid saved that for AMP-1 and just need to generate buzz and words of mouth mostly to convince people of their superior technology.
Agreed… but highly doubt it will lift the stock price. That will be dependent on deliveries.

Elon makes cars, millions of them. Elon had 4 models under his belt before he even did a Plaid! Releasing new models after he successfully launched 4 is expected. Lucid can't even sniff the toilet Elon uses at this point in the game. I want Lucid to succeed, but this is getting ridiculous and reckless.

Elon makes cars, millions of them. Elon had 4 models under his belt before he even did a Plaid! Releasing new models after he successfully launched 4 is expected. Lucid can't even sniff the toilet Elon uses at this point in the game. I want Lucid to succeed, but this is getting ridiculous and reckless.
Yeah, but Elon has different trim levels for each Tesla model. As far as I can tell, he always has or at least has since the early days. The Plaid just came later in the game, as a top trim for the Model S. If we include the old roadster (that will make a comeback eventually), Tesla has had 5 different car models over the last decade.

The Plaid is not a new/different model and neither is Sapphire (they are trims). Lucid has only launched one car model (the Air) thus far, although with multiple trim levels. The Air was designed to allow this. I say that Lucid is focused on the Air, for that is the only car model they have and will have at least until 2024. Different trim levels provide options for the customer.

I think we are all a little frustrated by the pace of cars being delivered, but I rather they get it right first; and as Tesla has shown, that takes time….and I would argue that they still have not gotten it right, based off our 2021 Model 3 build quality.

Also I rather they don’t use Tesla as the blueprint for almost anything. Tesla has definitely changed the automotive industry, but it took years to get there.

Lucid make better cars IMO, but that’s my opinion and I’m not saying yours is necessarily wrong. 🙂

Yeah, but Elon has different trim levels for each Tesla model. As far as I can tell, he always has or at least has since the early days. The Plaid just came later in the game, as a top trim for the Model S. If we include the old roadster (that will make a comeback eventually), Tesla has had 5 different car models over the last decade.

The Plaid is not a new/different model and neither is Sapphire (they are trims). Lucid has only launched one car model (the Air) thus far, although with multiple trim levels. The Air was designed to allow this. I say that Lucid is focused on the Air, for that is the only car model they have and will have at least until 2024. Different trim levels provide options for the customer.

I think we are all a little frustrated by the pace of cars being delivered, but I rather they get it right first; and as Tesla has shown, that takes time….and I would argue that they still have not gotten it right, based off our 2021 Model 3 build quality.

Also I rather they don’t use Tesla as the blueprint for almost anything. Tesla has definitely changed the automotive industry, but it took years to get there.

Lucid make better cars IMO, but that’s my opinion and I’m not saying yours is necessarily wrong. 🙂
I agree Lucid makes a better car to my liking, but Tesla has the better tech at this point...it's modern luxury vs minimalistic. Make cars not hype, the frustration is real, and Lucid should be concerned. They need money from selling cars, they need to report good growth each qtr. I am concerned and disappointed thus far. Every EV car will always be compared to Tesla like it or not...It seems every new EV is the Tesla Killer (LOL).

Back