Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

Does anyone plan to get a room at a hotel nearby and actually walk to the convention center? I imagine parking might be somewhat challenging and I see a few hotels within a mile from the event.

IMHO, please be careful about a hotel in DTLA (down town LA). Hotels can be great but even walking one block can be a safety hazard! Someone else will say I'm over reacting but others know its truth! Would rather see you come from West LA area and Uber there if you are worried about parking BUT that said, honestly, parking is usually quite ample! 😇

It’s not safe to walk in LA downtown, just Uber!
I was also a victim of random crime. It happened in front of Santa Monica Pier, but I’ve learned to be more mindful of surrounding even at safest area.

It’s not safe to walk in LA downtown, just Uber!
I was also a victim of random crime. It happened in front of Santa Monica Pier, but I’ve learned to be more mindful of surrounding even at safest area.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Is anyone interested in hitting a bar / restaurant after the event? I plan to go back to Vegas the next morning, but would be happy to have a beer or two with y’all.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Is anyone interested in hitting a bar / restaurant after the event? I plan to go back to Vegas the next morning, but would be happy to have a beer or two with y’all.
(1) If you are not already, please join that Telegram group (unless you don't have that messaging app that is like WhatsApp).
(2) Definitely stuff to do AFTER party on Friday and most likely, LA Live is best: https://www.lalive.com/
(3) If you can stay the next morning (not sure if you are flying or driving) stay for the Lucid Car Rally that as of yet has no other info :eek:

(1) If you are not already, please join that Telegram group (unless you don't have that messaging app that is like WhatsApp).
(2) Definitely stuff to do AFTER party on Friday and most likely, LA Live is best: https://www.lalive.com/
(3) If you can stay the next morning (not sure if you are flying or driving) stay for the Lucid Car Rally that as of yet has no other info :eek:
Philosophical question: is it actually considered a rally if we're just sitting in LA traffic?

Crime is up everywhere so I would advise to do whatever I do when I travel; don't look like a tourist, wear comfy shoes you can run with, don't carry a bag/wallet, use Apple/Google/Samsung pay and hold on to your phone with your life while walking only big, well-lit streets on a fast pace, it's good cardio :cool:

If it's any comfort, I've been going to downtown for years for events like NBA games at the Staples/Crypto center and LA Phil/Opera and so far (knock on wood) I've survived :)

IMHO, please be careful about a hotel in DTLA (down town LA). Hotels can be great but even walking one block can be a safety hazard! Someone else will say I'm over reacting but others know its truth! Would rather see you come from West LA area and Uber there if you are worried about parking BUT that said, honestly, parking is usually quite ample! 😇
Maybe it’s because I grew up in NYC, but walking around in downtown LA is fine. It’s worse than it used to be, but if you have even a little bit of vigilance you’ll be fine, individual anecdotes notwithstanding.

Seven years past, you were 6. That’s the joke.
I didn't want to say it out loud because I wasn't sure how many forum members knew they were engaging regularly with a teenager. Hell, I just found out like 72 hours ago.

Got the invite email a few days ago, but unfortunately won't be able to make it. Though I am very anxious to see the Gravity in person. Need lots of pics and first impressions from y'all!

Seven years past, you were 6. That’s the joke.
*7 lol
I didn't want to say it out loud because I wasn't sure how many forum members knew they were engaging regularly with a teenager. Hell, I just found out like 72 hours ago.
You would be shocked at how many do, actually. You're late to the party!!

And yes, LA was very good back then. Far less crime, great ambience(there still is to be fair) and the hotels felt like a dream! Petersen automotive museum and the local "cars and coffee" was great too, along with the disneyland and some other stuff I forgot.

*7 lol

You would be shocked at how many do, actually. You're late to the party!!

And yes, LA was very good back then. Far less crime, great ambience(there still is to be fair) and the hotels felt like a dream! Petersen automotive museum and the local "cars and coffee" was great too, along with the disneyland and some other stuff I forgot.
Lol love how you grouped in West LA, not near downtown and Disneyland, Orange County, as part of what LA was like 🤣. Get outta here non-native!

Lol love how you grouped in West LA, not near downtown and Disneyland, Orange County, as part of what LA was like 🤣. Get outta here non-native!
I was in downtown once, but my only memory of that is bright lights and limos..

I was going to make an analogy to Charleston, SC, but I want to keep the topic on track. For those of us moonlighting the natives' turf, I hope we can get a few pointers to not waltz our way into dicey territory.

Joined the chat app thing. I imagine the Lucid owners' party/event will be dressy? Cocktail dresses for the wives? Sports coats for the husbands? Outsider looking in for LA everything seems to be that kind of vibe, including the LA Auto Show and VIP event.

Charleston, SC was always the pastel shirts and shorts for the men and flowy summer dresses for the women. Not a requirement, but the vibe screamed that for tourists.

I stand corrected lol

You are too young to have learned this yet, but “it was better back in the day” is not generally true. Our memories tend to cloud bad things and focus on good things, outside of traumatic or painful events. As a result, it’s *literally always* better “back in my day”

It’s annoying when grandpas say it, and it’s even more annoying when teenagers say it lol

Not a jab at you; just explaining how I feel about this line in general lol

You are too young to have learned this yet, but “it was better back in the day” is not generally true. Our memories tend to cloud bad things and focus on good things, outside of traumatic or painful events. As a result, it’s *literally always* better “back in my day”

It’s annoying when grandpas say it, and it’s even more annoying when teenagers say it lol

Not a jab at you; just explaining how I feel about this line in general lol
In most cases, I agree it was not true. Something will always evolve for the better, so you cannot compare general time periods. However, in specific cases it can be true, and I think that would apply to Los Angeles.

A reverse example is here: they arent built like they used to...

Back