Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

You all have a great time. Post pics and reports. I want a gravity.

For those who might be coming from out of town, one of the freeways near the convention center is closed for several weeks; Interstate 10. The area might be more congested that normal with several odd detours. Might be worth checking out your routes ahead of time, vs driving in blind.

Not sure if the link above will come up with the traffic layer, but switching to it will show the sections of the 10 that are closed.

Final teaser. Nothing really new.

Image 1.jpg

That is an enormous space between the tire and the wheel opening on what already appears to be a very low SUV. I wonder how low this vehicle will drop at speed.
I suspect in that picture, it is at one of the higher settings. Lucid is using black elements to raise the design "higher." If you mentally color the bumpers and wheel arch guards the same silver, it looks much lower and minivan-like.

We need a slammed drug dealer setting...

Final teaser. Nothing really new.

View attachment 16323

The details emerging piecemeal from these teasers suggest a truly striking vehicle. I have a feeling there will soon be a press debate about whether it even fits into any existing vehicle category.

Lucid's fate probably rests on this vehicle. I'm holding my breath until tomorrow.

The details emerging piecemeal from these teasers suggest a truly striking vehicle. I have a feeling there will soon be a press debate about whether it even fits into any existing vehicle category.

Lucid's fate probably rests on this vehicle. I'm holding my breath until tomorrow.
Yup, it could be a wagon, SUV, crossover, minivan... literally anything except a sedan. Based on the wrap pics vs these teasers, it looks like Lucid has somehow managed to turn a minivan silhouette into something that resembles a sleek SUV.

What are those lines on the rear windshield and that weird indent?
To me, it looks like it could either be a continuation of the interior trim or (more likely) it could be that all automotive windows have red lines in them for some reason.

This is very sad. The traffic issues appear to dismal due to the freeway closure so close to the convention center and downtown hub... Sad situation for the entire auto show this year, as closures will be in place for two weeks or more... Plan accordingly..

That is an enormous space between the tire and the wheel opening on what already appears to be a very low SUV. I wonder how low this vehicle will drop at speed.
Oh, I suspect it will get pretty low on the highway. They will want to optimize for drag to beat everyone else's range.

I agree, a lot is riding on this thing. But everything we've seen so far suggests they might have a winner on their hands. Tomorrow we'll know a lot more.

I suspect in that picture, it is at one of the higher settings. Lucid is using black elements to raise the design "higher." If you mentally color the bumpers and wheel arch guards the same silver, it looks much lower and minivan-like.

We need a slammed drug dealer setting...

I was judging the height of the vehicle by James Engelsman, who is 5'9" tall. Even with the car apparently set at a fairly high ride height (based on wheel opening), it's still a very low vehicle by SUV or minivan standards.

As far as I'm concerned, that's great. The more the bullet train and the less the lumbering SUV, the better as long as the interior room is there.

Back