Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

You know my answer!
Yeah, its minute 1 instead of day 1 and Dream Edition! If they do offer DE-R and DE-P's as with the air, which would you go for though? I would do R because with a sedan, performance is not that important. After all, not like DE-R will be slow... but I would consider P if it had tri motors and R didnt.

Also, do we know what time the reveal is at? How fast do we anticipate DE's will sell out?

Edit: ends at 9:30 pst, for me thats 12:30.

Yeah, its minute 1 instead of day 1 and Dream Edition! If they do offer DE-R and DE-P's as with the air, which would you go for though? I would do R because with a sedan, performance is not that important. After all, not like DE-R will be slow... but I would consider P if it had tri motors and R didnt.
I doubt they will separate it. That was a marketing nightmare and they caught so much backlash from it too.

I doubt they will separate it. That was a marketing nightmare and they caught so much backlash from it too.
I didn't follow Lucid much in 2020-mid 2021(took a break, learnt about the lucid in 2017) but wasn't that backlash only because they originally said 1111 hp AND 520 miles of range? Now with the gravity they didn't make any promises other than the best range of anything except the Air, so do we still think it would have backlash?

Who's day one reserving and what trim do you anticipate you will reserve?

Likely going to reserve day one. Assuming similar prices to the Air (plus a small premium) we will reserve a Grand Touring equivalent. If the prices are a lot higher, then a Touring.

Ideally they will have a stealth option, leasing, and trade-ins for launch. Lack of any of these could cause us to hold for now.

I didn't follow Lucid much in 2020-mid 2021(took a break, learnt about the lucid in 2017) but wasn't that backlash only because they originally said 1111 hp AND 520 miles of range? Now with the gravity they didn't make any promises other than the best range of anything except the Air, so do we still think it would have backlash?
They said over 1000 hp and 520 which would have been amazing, but then you had to choose.

Likely going to reserve day one. Assuming similar prices to the Air (plus a small premium) we will reserve a Grand Touring equivalent. If the prices are a lot higher, then a Touring.

Ideally they will have a stealth option, leasing, and trade-ins for launch. Lack of any of these could cause us to hold for now.
Actually, if I was in your position I would reserve day 1 no hesitation. This is because even if it isn't announced at launch(i dont expect DE to have stealth), it may come later and you can always cancel your reservation if those aren't announced. However, if they do get announced, you get an early build slot!

They said over 1000 hp and 520 which would have been amazing, but then you had to choose.
Eh... its not like 933 is that far off! The DE-P does strangely seem to be FAR more popular on this forum, and I wonder why.

I'll reserve a Dream Edition at earliest opportunity. If a Dream Edition isn't available, I'll wait until they get the inevitable early production issues ironed out.

I'm wondering if existing Lucid owners and/or people who registered an interest in the Gravity early on through the Lucid website will have first crack at Dream Edition reservations?

I'll reserve a Dream Edition at earliest opportunity. If a Dream Edition isn't available, I'll wait until they get the inevitable early production issues ironed out.

I'm wondering if existing Lucid owners and/or people who registered an interest in the Gravity early on through the Lucid website will have first crack at Dream Edition reservations?
They will have priority for deliveries, but they haven't said anything about reservation early access.

Eh... its not like 933 is that far off! The DE-P does strangely seem to be FAR more popular on this forum, and I wonder why.
Lucid sold far more DE-P than DE-R. The range edition was not popular.

So if you have one of those, it’s more rare than a DE-P.

Logic would dictate that having the extra range would be far more practical than having the extra horsepower. Since you can’t use the horsepower on the road in any meaningful way. While the range you’d get benefit from regularly.

But the sort of person who buys a DE isn’t usually motivated by practicality.

Lucid sold far more DE-P than DE-R. The range edition was not popular.

So if you have one of those, it’s more rare than a DE-P.

I have a feeling that most people who opted for the Dream Edition have an irrational craving for excess when it comes to power. It's sadly been the case with me throughout my car-buying years.

While my only regret about the Air is not buying the Dream Edition, for an SUV I will take range over performance.

I've been thinking the same thing. But when the time comes to push the order button, I'm not sure my practical resolve will be up to the challenge.

Last edited:
I am on the east coast and too much of a hassle to fly to CA now. What do you think the local Lucid sales center events for the Gravity will be like on the 18th?

Back